Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Anyone getting the Lowe (7500 gold)? :)

yeah right, at €30 you would have to be insane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Auvers wrote: »
    yeah right, at €30 you would have to be insane

Unless you had tonnes of gold left over if you bought a pre-release pack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

youd be mad to buy a virtual tank for 30e. fook that.
    im on my second month of premium now and still have about 8500 gold left.
    have used a lot of gold transferring xp to free xp.

hopefully my magnet connection gets the patch quickly this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Game is up.

Bunch of changes on the menu screen. Battle Companies selection is on the chatbar. They've reorganised the Tech tree menu probably to create more space for upcoming tanks. Contacts button has a clan option.

Nothing else to report.

Off to battle for me. :D

Game is up.

Bunch of changes on the menu screen. Battle Companies selection is on the chatbar. They've reorganised the Tech tree menu probably to create more space for upcoming tanks. Contacts button has a clan option.

Nothing else to report.

Off to battle for me. :D

**edit

Can't wait to see my KV sprout into a KV-1 and KV-2 with 100% crew :D:D:D:D

Tank gratis pour moi!

• Advertisement

Direct links for the updates

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/update

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Just saw 3 Lowe on Himmelsdorf. Played that battle in Panzer V-IV. Raced up hill, past a bunch of enemy and down into enemy base. Killed 2 arty and DIDN'T get tracked :D

Lots of changes in-game to graphics. I'm running Window 7 64bit and I think they've added higher quality textures for 64bit OS, everything looks sharper. The map is different, better quality & instead of red dots you can see what type of enemy it is (light/medium/TD etc). Changes to menu after you died and to post-battle results. TAB listing is also different.

I played Pagorki which has been renamed to Mines. Its much bigger than it used to be. Lots more stuff to hide behind. Its got a lighthouse now.

I'm off to collect dole now but I'll be back to tease those of you lucky enough to have jobs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Raced up hill, past a bunch of enemy and down into enemy base. Killed 2 arty and DIDN'T get tracked :D

yes cant wait to hop into a scout again without being tracked

and fcuk those girly arty lovers up :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm off to collect dole now but I'll be back to tease those of you lucky enough to have jobs :p

But it's your playing of the game that gives me a job.

Anyhow, I'm tempted by the Lowe, as I'm wondering if it'll prove more productive in credits in the long run than premium account status would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

**edit

Can't wait to see my KV sprout into a KV-1 and KV-2 with 100% crew :D:D:D:D

Tank gratis pour moi!

afaik and according to the wot forums yesterday, that wasnt part of this update

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    afaik and according to the wot forums yesterday, that wasnt part of this update

B@stards. I thought this was meant to be part of this update...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tomyber

Ponster wrote: »
    Only 6 people in the clan. Not the best start in the world....

Remember, victorious clan matches can lead to free gold for the clan :D[/QUO

just applied cant wait for some irish team tactics and destructive behaviour. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Spear wrote: »

Great stuff!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

18 now :)

Well, tankers will be happy to hear they have hobbled the arty a great deal. Load time as well as the velocity of the shells have been slowed. The velocity of the shells is a big thing, just move often and your virtually guaranteed to be free from arty hits.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Bus77II wrote: »
    Well, tankers will be happy to hear they have hobbled the arty a great deal.

Dear God, again? They are just determined to kill that class.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Thank god for that, arty spoiled loads of battles....

Is the matching system any better? will i find myself up against king tigers in my panzer 3's all the time now?

Dear God, again? They are just determined to kill that class.

NTM

I did think the arty's needed a nerf but what makes it really frustrating is the way the aiming circle jumps to completely wide aim-time now with even the slightest movement of the vehicle. It's really pronounced now and makes the speed-layer perk useless. :(

Are the update servers down?? Can;t get it via the launcher or the torrent??

**edit

The direct link works now. Torrent wont move though...

• Advertisement

Are the update servers down?? Can;t get it via the launcher or the torrent??

**edit

The direct link works now. Torrent wont move though...

The torrent is the default preference of the launcher. On the launcher, click the wrench for options and disable the torrent. It'll use the direct download from the CDN instead.

Can't connect to the game now either.

Servers must be down :(

There was an unscheduled restart at 15:30 apparently. They've been fine so far, I hope this isn't going to become a regular occurrence.

In other news I saw the screenshots of Lowes producing silly credit amounts, and so I now own one.

I think it has something to do with not beiong able to connect to the update service.

The launcher can't connect, torrent or not, so my game client won't connect, even though I'm updated :confused:

EDIT

Check out the amount of problem threads
    http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/18-general-error-reporting/

I think it has something to do with not beiong able to connect to the update service.

The launcher can't connect, torrent or not, so my game client won't connect, even though I'm updated :confused:

EDIT

Check out the amount of problem threads
    http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/18-general-error-reporting/

A bit weird, I have my suspicions regarding the hosting service in Germany that's in use, but if you can reach the forums, then connectivity should be okay. Have you a firewall that may be blocking it due to the change in the executable?

Spear wrote: »
    A bit weird, I have my suspicions regarding the hosting service in Germany that's in use, but if you can reach the forums, then connectivity should be okay. Have you a firewall that may be blocking it due to the change in the executable?

Nope. No firewall errors at all.

Gonna d/l the full client and install that. Direct d/ls will work, but the torrents won't. I'm guessing the update server has gone boom, that's why I can't connect as it can't check what version I'm running :(

Just uninstalled and installed the full game client. Same issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

BigEejit wrote: »
    Then you should be happy because arties are now not only more inaccurate, cost the same per shell (i.e. same amount of shoots, less money left due to fewer hits), fly slower (as in if you move nothing short of a lucky arty shell can ever hit you where as before a good arty might hit you if you moved in a straight line) they are also now even more locked down then ever (simply turning on the spot slightly for angle means you lose any accuracy of the circle and start from scratch).

In short arties are now only slightly more useful then having a lol tractor on your team going up against heavies and even that is debatable as at least the lol tractor can scout.

I'm doing fairly badly with my Lowe. It needs to fight at range, and I lack view distance. Others with 100% crew and extra widgets are seeing me first and thus killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

BigEejit wrote: »

There are two schools of thought on that one....

NTM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement