Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Is anyone else here with Magnet as ISP?

It appears wargaming have changed their net code or DNS server or something, because now I can't resolve update.worldoftanks.eu

This is what's causing my connection issue. I had to tether my phone to get a couple of rounds last night!

This is only since the patch, so I have no idea what they have done. Strangely another random Irish guy posted on my thread saying he was with Magnet and has the same issue since the patch, so it's ISP related, but not an ISP issue - if that makes sense.

Have a ticket open, and I have been asked for some more information (pingplotter etc) so hopefully they fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh i now have magnet in my apartment, have the 10mb and a belkin wireless router. have the router in the same room as my desktop, and reading the advice on ehre yesterday, i chanegd my dl from torrent to direct. i got the 860mb update in about 8 minutes, which was as fast as my 30mb upc i had in my mams.

no problems with magnet here anyways.

On a sidenote, in beta, the KV was my fav tank, even though i had gotten as far as the KT and IS. in beta i hated the 152mm and loved the 107mm, but in live i fell in love big time with the 152 once you learn how to play with it. wasnt going to bother unlocking the 107 till my brother reminded me i needed it for the kv3, so unlocked it monday night. first game was meh, so i logged. then last night i was averaging 1200 per game wirth it! the 107 will take a good chunk off everything up to and including an is-3 (havent fought bigger in it yet)

the KV with the 107 has reminded me how much fun the game was (the su-152 can be hit or miss, nearly have enough for the last 122mm gun)

so i have enough xp tonight to unlock either e8 sherman or kv-3....decisions decisions.

havent touched the german tree and nt planning to either.

new map mines is just an updated version of another map. and quarry or whatever its called looks good, but i didnt get a chance to play it properly.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh i now have magnet in my apartment, have the 10mb and a belkin wireless router. have the router in the same room as my desktop, and reading the advice on ehre yesterday, i chanegd my dl from torrent to direct. i got the 860mb update in about 8 minutes, which was as fast as my 30mb upc i had in my mams.

Hmm, I'm still using the Telsey router - so I'm wondering if that could be the issue...

**edit

hold on, 10Mbit package? Are you on Magnet Swift?

If that's the case, that would explain it - Swift is merely a resold Eircom product. Magnets LLU service offers 8, 24 and gaming orientated 12mbit services..

i didnt get a router with mine, bought the belkin last week.

i have magnet 10mb fibre. thats how my building is wired.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i didnt get a router with mine, bought the belkin last week.

i have magnet 10mb fibre. thats how my building is wired.

Fibre? So it is the LLU service?

Hmm. Must be a specific set up in your building. Is it FTTH? (could you get the full suite of Magnet TV etc there?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

It appears wargaming have changed their net code or DNS server or something, because now I can't resolve update.worldoftanks.eu

try adding this to your host file

213.252.177.25 update.worldoftanks.eu

it probably wont work but its worth a shot

Auvers wrote: »
    try adding this to your host file

213.252.177.25 update.worldoftanks.eu

it probably wont work but its worth a shot
    Cheers I'll try that later.

I had already added this:
    213.252.177.36 login-master.worldoftanks.eu

But after a restart - no dice :(

yeh, they only had fibre optic in a few places around dublin, im in northern cross, and the whole building is wired for magnet tv and internet only.

i have the tv+bb+phone package

bb is 10mb fibre

On a brighter note, I won some gold :D

Twitter Quiz Winners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

lol, just saw a stuart kill a 100% jagdpanther ..... just got behind it and shot it in the ass ..... jagdpanthers friends were too far away to help ..... took a bit of time but it was funny :D

• Advertisement

There are two schools of thought on that one....

NTM

ok, maybe being a bit strong with the "all arty is bad arty" .... but we have all played games where the arty was the winner and everyone was cowering behind rocks etc. Yes there are maps where arty are no help, but I had a match last night where there were 5 arty on each side on the new steppes ... arty had 70 - 80% of the kills

edit
    just been in a fight where 4 arties had 13 kills between them, top guy in a su-8 had 7 kills (and I was told that it does little damage!!) ..... arty is far from dead

premium users should be able to choose their map and choose to play with or without arty.

5 arty on each side is a pile of ****

By the way, how do I take screen shots in-game? ...for some reason print screen didn't take a screen capture???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BigEejit wrote: »
    By the way, how do I take screen shots in-game? ...for some reason print screen didn't take a screen capture???

It's CTRL+Printscreen.

hmmm .... fired at a KV with explosive and got "looks like that one went right through" for no damage. Did it actually go through?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This lot:

http://www.gamestar.de/news/free2play/2322987/world_of_tanks.html

are claiming the European map for clan wars start on May 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Spear wrote: »

We should start playing together on a regular basis in platoons etc so we don't look like eeejits when we go to clan wars.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm looking in the clan system and what exactly will be expected of people.

I'll probably start a new thread in this forum and PM the link to the members on the wot forums.

Whats the craic with the Ranks in the clan? Recruiit / Soldier etc

• Advertisement

Whats the craic with the Ranks in the clan? Recruiit / Soldier etc

NO idea. There are 5 different ones. All I know is that 3 can give clan gold to members but I don't know what the others mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Looks like Ireland is one of the starting zones and you invade the UK from there.

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clanwars/maps/earth/reg_01/

Looks like Ireland is one of the starting zones and you invade the UK from there.

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clanwars/maps/earth/reg_01/

Perfectly timed for the Queen's visit !

Ponster wrote: »
    Perfectly timed for the Queen's visit !

As I said on the other thread, we should invade the north while she's still here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Quick question guys. How did account from the Beta transfer to full release or did they at all? Such a grind to even get my IS-1 and KT, the thoughts of doing it all again are really putting me off!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Quick question guys. How did account from the Beta transfer to full release or did they at all? Such a grind to even get my IS-1 and KT, the thoughts of doing it all again are really putting me off!
    All accounts are wiped; everyone start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Nody wrote: »
    All accounts are wiped; everyone start from scratch.

Arrgh! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

My interest in this has waned somewhat after buying my pz4, and it being an absolute chore to level :(

After playing my pz3 and getting one shotted by pz4's with the massive turret, I thought, 'some day, I'll have one of them'. And now I have one, and its just constantly matched with Tigers, IS's, and all manner of ridiculousness. Cant spot, cant damage, still get one-shotted, slower then everything... bleh

Wossack wrote: »
    My interest in this has waned somewhat after buying my pz4, and it being an absolute chore to level :(

After playing my pz3 and getting one shotted by pz4's with the massive turret, I thought, 'some day, I'll have one of them'. And now I have one, and its just constantly matched with Tigers, IS's, and all manner of ridiculousness. Cant spot, cant damage, still get one-shotted, slower then everything... bleh

Join the team and get playing the clan wars!

Great craic last night, and we've another battle tonight. Adds a whole new dimension to the game, plus you get the XP & creds for the battles, and can earn gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

can I use my luchs, or my su-85? I reckon I'd be a burden on the team with the pz4 tbh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement