Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wossack wrote: »
    can I use my luchs, or my su-85? I reckon I'd be a burden on the team with the pz4 tbh!

Not the luchs. You won't be of any help tbh.

We need the most powerful tanks people have to be involved - as we have discovered there is no cap on the tiers on a team.

i.e the team with the most high tier tanks wins basically.

Get the 88mm, the last engine / turret / suspension on your PxIV and its quite formidable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Wossack wrote: »
    My interest in this has waned somewhat after buying my pz4, and it being an absolute chore to level :(

After playing my pz3 and getting one shotted by pz4's with the massive turret, I thought, 'some day, I'll have one of them'. And now I have one, and its just constantly matched with Tigers, IS's, and all manner of ridiculousness. Cant spot, cant damage, still get one-shotted, slower then everything... bleh
    Those spots come on most tanks; I can tell you when I got my stock KV I was about to call it quits. I was pulling in less exp in a more heavily tank and I felt I would have had more fun hitting my genitals with a hammer. Once I limped through being a drag on the team to get the upgrades though things started to pick up and it is now by far my favorite tank.

Keep in mind that you will always get exp in a match how ever little and make sure you spend time in tanks you like and the "grind" tanks switching back and forth. You can also look at picking up a second line (I currently run a 2x heavy, one placed with light tanks, one with heavies usually, 1 arty and 1 TD) to give you a break for something else. And if all else fail find a nice bush close to spawn to camp in, they will come eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Anyone got a Lowe? If so is it any good, I've read on WOT that it's a great money maker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

G-spec wrote: »
    Anyone got a Lowe? If so is it any good, I've read on WOT that it's a great money maker.

Yup, we've got three of them on the go. And yes, money is stupidly easy with this. Just hit one or two enemies and it's 40 to 50k profit straight off, even if we lose and I'm destroyed. As I mentioned before, it's much better value in the long than premium I believe.

Edit: I forgot to add, this is despite me being completely crap in one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    Yup, we've got three of them on the go. And yes, money is stupidly easy with this. Just hit one or two enemies and it's 40 to 50k profit straight off, even if we lose and I'm destroyed. As I mentioned before, it's much better value in the long than premium I believe.

Two problem I see are that:

1) You can't tech to the next tank with it
    2) You don't get bonus exp as with premium account

Which is the only thing stopping me getting one of the heavy premium tanks (because going up against the is annoying but I want a IS-7 or IS-4 once that goes tier 10).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 OttoVonBis

+1

Edit: I am also completely crap in one ;)

Edit2: I only really use it to play Clan Wars matches or when my other two Grind Vehicles (Tank and TD) are out of action. I think it's far more important to grind up the tech tree than getting cash from the Lowe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

just looking at the amount of WoT threads popping up, does this game not deserve its own sub forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

would need more than 15 or so users to warrent a sub forum probably

surely 23k views of this thread alone warrants a bit of consideration

Auvers wrote: »
    surely 23k views of this thread alone warrants a bit of consideration

And the clan wars thread, the guts of 3000 since only last week.

• Advertisement

whos the mod for massively multiplayer?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Auvers wrote: »
    just looking at the amount of WoT threads popping up, does this game not deserve its own sub forum?

New forum requests are currently frozen. Plus in the past we had a lot more threads for games such as Warhammer Online and others. They got their forums, but none of them proved to have any longevity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

for those without teamspeak3
    http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I've got a lowe, just a day or two ago the team I was in won a match ... I had hit about half the other team, destroying 3 iirc. 1600 experience and 110k credits.

So yes, when you play well you get rewarded in them. Worst case scenario: getting killed early with little or no shots on target, 200 xp and 25 - 30k credits (might lose 10k of that cash with repairs and ammo)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I decided for a change in tactics, leaving the german TD line as I'm tired of getting blown up at the very beginning of a match.

I'd like a KV, I was always very wary of them when playing in the stug and hetzer, incredibly well armoured tank.

So I'm at the T-46 and what an awful heap of ****e it is. No armour whatsoever, though the 76mm with HE is quite fun. That said, I cant wait to get out of it. :pac:

kv rocks alright, most fun in the game for me. the long 107 or whatever it is is my fav gun on it, the rail gun is mental but reload is horrible in a slow tank.

can damage everything in the game.

city maps are its friend

oh, and wait till the t28 grind... sooooore

Copey get yourself the M4 Sherman with the 105mm and drive around like a king one shotting anything of equal tier or below :cool:

when you are in higher tier battles it should be called the M4 $h€rman because you can damage everything you are put up against, thus getting higher rewards as its not unusual to make 30-50k playing one round with the M4

^ Stug with the 105mm derp gun is what you want

landyman wrote: »
    ^ Stug with the 105mm derp gun is what you want

nah TDs put me to sleep

Medium tanks is the only way I like to play

• Advertisement

oh, believe me, i have the sherman. just unlocked the e8 on friday night, havent got credits to buy it eyt, as im not transferring gold to credits for it.

should have enough to buy it tonight if i play.

sherman is one of the most fun tanks alright, its fully upgraded aswell so its a great credit earner.

tds can egt boring, you need to have a camping playstyle for most maps.

my su-152 has the same hp and gun as my tier lower kv3..doesnt make sense..

copeyhagen wrote: »

my su-152 has the same hp and gun as my tier lower kv3..doesnt make sense..

Your SU will get a cammo bonus instead though.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    oh, believe me, i have the sherman. just unlocked the e8 on friday night, havent got credits to buy it eyt, as im not transferring gold to credits for it.

we must platoon up with the Easy8s and hit the enemy like demented jackhammers at 44 shots a minute doubled up, love the E8 great tank

Onto the t28. Just sold the horrid t46.

The KV is one tank away :D

landyman wrote: »
    Onto the t28. Just sold the horrid t46.

The KV is one tank away :D

From my brief experience with the T28, I suspect you'll miss the T46.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Definitely, t28 is some awful pile of crap. There are a few tanks the same level as it that can one shot it. I really couldn't wait to get out of it.

Yea it looks a pile of bollocks, too big and two gammy little mg turrets.

The guns are rubbish in it too :(

I'd take my tier 4 hetzer over it any day.

The KV better be worth it :rolleyes:

From my brief experience with the T28, I suspect you'll miss the T46.

^^ QTF

I didn't bother with the t-28 and grinded straight to the KV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The T-28 is really feeling like work for me too, cannot wait to hit the KV. Recently started playing with the Russian TDs and the American SPGs. Onto the second tank on each tech tree and it's a really fun distraction from the grind. Also, a BT-2 is a hell of a lot of fun to spin around and spot in, but you're not going to last long :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

the t28 is great once you get either the high penetration 57mm or the 85mm, if you play the positional warfare game with it you can dive in and out of cover and put a good dent in even heavy tanks.

The KV is painfully bad until you get a better gun fyi, but once you do the DERPGUN and 107mm are great, still though it's a weak enough 'heavy'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement