Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the kv when upgraded outguns and out armors every tank up to and including tier 5.

had a game last night in it, just for the lols, as im grinding for IS, and i was up against much higher tiers.

took a tiger for about 60% before someone stole kill, took a kt for about 40%, t29 about the same.

was himmelsdorf, and i still got 2200 xp. now thats been doubled, but thats without a kill. kv absolutly rocks in the game. its just a nightmare to get to it!!

cant wait to try the e8 now, the m4 was probably most fun ive had recently.

still need 300k credits to buy the fooker

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I might give this a shot over the weekend if I get a chance. But I'd one question about how the Clan War thingy works.

I was looking at some of the tutorial videos and from them I get the impression that on the map of Europe, your clan decides to move to a location. If there's no one there, you take the location. But if it's occupied, you fight them for it. But what happens if nobody from that clan is online? Do you have to organise a time to fight them, is there a set time for all fights, or does it count as a walkover?

Also, and sorry if this has been mentioned before but there's a lot of posts on this to get through, are there any idiot proof guides on how to play? I assume for the first while I'm just going to get my ass handed to me, so I thought I'd at least want to make it a bit of a challenge for others to destroy me.

Oh, and should the title of this thread not be changed? There was a while there where I thought there were two tank games.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

humanji wrote: »
    I was looking at some of the tutorial videos and from them I get the impression that on the map of Europe, your clan decides to move to a location. If there's no one there, you take the location. But if it's occupied, you fight them for it. But what happens if nobody from that clan is online? Do you have to organise a time to fight them, is there a set time for all fights, or does it count as a walkover?

Clans decide on where they want to 'land' (there is a limited number of landing point across Europe. You fight other clans in the 1/8, 1/4 and semi-finals to get the right to fight the current clan who occupy the landing point. If any clan fails to turn up then it's an automatic walkover. During the day either I or Dublin_gunner decide on where the cal is going to 'land' and at 7pm the turns are calculated and we find out who and when we fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

humanji wrote: »
    I might give this a shot over the weekend if I get a chance. But I'd one question about how the Clan War thingy works.

Also, and sorry if this has been mentioned before but there's a lot of posts on this to get through, are there any idiot proof guides on how to play? I assume for the first while I'm just going to get my ass handed to me, so I thought I'd at least want to make it a bit of a challenge for others to destroy me.

Oh, and should the title of this thread not be changed? There was a while there where I thought there were two tank games.

Yep, thread title should be changed to 'World of Tanks'.

The clan wars thingy is a PITA tbh. High tier tanks rule the roost. So if you're not packing a team full of tier 9+ tanks you're gonna get walked all over. Its just a vehicle for the mega clans to farm gold at the moment.

yeh, the clan wars are tripe as they currently are.

expect the whole thing to be changed in next few weeks though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh, the clan wars are tripe as they currently are.

expect the whole thing to be changed in next few weeks though.
    I hope you meant to say months or you're very, very, optimistic. Only see how long the tracers will take to get fixed (and that is relatively minor by comparison).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Kharn wrote: »
    The T-28 is really feeling like work for me too, cannot wait to hit the KV.

I have grown to respect the T-28 as an opponent. I don't respect it as a target, it's very easy to kill, but that's once the thing happens to be in my sights. Properly used, a T-28 can be quite annoying.

I never did sample it from the user's perspective, however. It's probably similar to the 3001(P). Stock, you feel like you should be able to shoot whoever it was that put it into the game. After a few upgrades, however, it's quite a handy tank.
    Recently started playing with the Russian TDs and the American SPGs. Onto the second tank on each tech tree and it's a really fun distraction from the grind.

M37's surprisingly good, especially with the later gun. I was a bit disappointed by Priest, however, it doesn't do a satisfying enough bang on the target.

I just moved to M41, and realised that none of the upgrades for it came earlier in the tree. I think they're from the US light scout line, which I've not done.

Just moved to T32. Curse the depression nerf! Otherwise, it's rocking. Sometimes wish the gun was better, but it's acceptable for the job. Averaging 750xp/battle, and I'm often one of the last standing.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

With the long 57mm the t28 is just bearable, though I'm only averaging 350xp per battle, though once i got three kills in it and got 1050xp :D

However you could double the armour by placing a wet newspaper in front of it, every single thing seems to go through it, even 20mm auto rounds rip through it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I've been up all night using the KV to get through my insomnia, it is nothing short of hilarious with the 152mm derpgun trolleKannone, I've been averaging 3 kills per match with it, and have got several matches where I got 7 kills just herpa derping about 1 shotting everything, even without kills it gives mountains of XP, you can 4 shot a Lowe with some patience and get yourself like 1500 xp just for that.

Gneez wrote: »
    I've been up all night using the KV to get through my insomnia, it is nothing short of hilarious with the 152mm derpgun trolleKannone, I've been averaging 3 kills per match with it, and have got several matches where I got 7 kills just herpa derping about 1 shotting everything, even without kills it gives mountains of XP, you can 4 shot a Lowe with some patience and get yourself like 1500 xp just for that.

I'm up to about 18k XP on my KV to go for the KV-1S (needs 26k~). I have the KV-3, and man its a long grind to the IS. Only about 1/4 the way there.

• Advertisement

its always been my fav tank from beta anyways, fully elite, 100% crew with 3 attachments and it rocks, prefer the 107mm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

god I hate (fighting) 152mm KV's.....

their big noggins are surprisingly underarmoured though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Good diagram that illustrates how the radio works for spotting (might be helpful for the new guys here)

RadioRanges.jpg

So upgrade those radios asap

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I finally got the biggest gun you can mount on the PzkIV, stuck on the camo net and I am really enjoying it at the moment. I cant slug it out with the big boys but I can certainly hurt them from a distance!

yea its a better TD then my su-85 at the moment...

believe the camo net bonus disappears as soon as the turret moves on anything other then a TD or SPG though, just to be aware

Turns out I've never known how radios worked !

I would have presumed that because 2 can see A (via 1) then 3 and 4 (whose radios intersect that of 2) would also be able to see A.

Ponster wrote: »

I would have presumed that because 2 can see A (via 1) then 3 and 4 (whose radios intersect that of 2) would also be able to see A.

same as that - no relaying going on at all, radioman trying to hog all the kills :P

Ponster wrote: »

Nope you've always had to have direct contact with the tank who can see the enemy for you to see it. I remember this being explained by one of the mods on the forums last summer.

Always found it odd though, as in reality, if I had a radio with a range of 500m, and you had one with 500m, and we were 800m apart, we wouldn't be able to communicate :confused: But in WoT we'd be able to communicate up to 1000m.

So I really don't see why they did it this way, like radio's combine each others broadcast / receive power or something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Just wandered in off the main page and this looks good so might give it a bash. having a quick read thru first cpl of pages, it's free to play but I'd have to pay if I wanted to join a clan or some such?

Alos any hints on what might be the best tank to begin with?

Yawns wrote: »
    Just wandered in off the main page and this looks good so might give it a bash. having a quick read thru first cpl of pages, it's free to play but I'd have to pay if I wanted to join a clan or some such?

free to play, free to join clan :)

reckon the US tree might be the funnest to play initially - they look it anyway!

you can have a number of tanks in your hanger though, so dont feel restricted. I initially started playing ussr tanks, then got into US artillery, but now im german tanks, and ussr tank destroyers :) Im fairly fickle :P

oh cool. From the first cpl of pages on this thread it looked like I might have to pay to play in clan wars etc but that's cool. Just wanna get it and try it, should be a good laugh.

• Advertisement

if you want to get a premium account, which offers twice the amount of xp and credits then you need to pay to buy gold to use for the premium account.

but tis free to try and download, so you can see if its for you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Yawns wrote: »

not really but you get three free tanks in the beginning so just try a few until you find your play style

Soviet = Brawlers
    German = Snipers
    USA = mixture of both

Just remember there is no penalty for leaving the battle after your tank is destroyed. Don't be afraid of going back to your garage and grabbing another tank to play meanwhile. It can actually be faster to grind your tanks.

oh cool. Can't wait for the game to download. Damn eircom, hurry up with NGB so I can get faster speeds! Stuck with VF on 3mb atm :/

Just had my best game ever.

I'm in a Stug on Murovanka. It's 9 to them Vs 3 of us. I manage to kill 5 of them, darting about using the TDs speed and popping up behind the enemy, sniping and then driving off again.

So it's 1 Vs 4 and they're all arty. I only get 1 of them though before I'm finally killed with only 45 secs on the map.

An excellent way to end playing for the next 2 weeks as I'm off to Texas for some BBQ and cowgirls :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

shot_056_thumb.jpg

My best, 9 kills, 1 damaged, not a single HP lost. Also made defenders, Top Gun and Wittmans medal for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭todd10k

About to give it a go myself. Any advice for someone starting out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

todd10k wrote: »
    About to give it a go myself. Any advice for someone starting out?

You've got to start with the crappy tier1 farm tractors, so you may want to go with the one that leads up the national tree you intend to focus on.

Well, I got my KV-1S last night, and also my 122mm D-2-5T for my KV-3 (which also works on the KV-1S).

Stupidly, I sold my KV in the process, before remembering I'll get a free KV-2 at some stage with 100% crew if I keep it, so wasted lots of creds buying and upgrading it again lol

So currently in my garage I have:

KV, KV-1S, KV-3, Hummel

I see a trend forming. I was about halfway to the IS, but decided to plop 17k XP for the 122mm boom boom gun. Wow. Its some cannon.

My tanks look like real tanks now with a proper gun.

While I cannot take on higher tiers head to head, I find I can be quite successful if I'm sneaky. In my KV-3 the other day (with the 107mm) I managed to get an IS-3 down to about 10% before a Lowe on my team robbed my kill the fecker.

Don't know if I'll be on for the matches this evening, but if I am, I'll be bringing the KV-3 with 122mm instead of my Hummel I think.

the 122mm looks good on the kv3 alright, makes it a lot better tank all round.
    should have enough credits to buy my e8 tonight, and enough xp for IS soon.

have the 122 on the kv3 already, as its one of the IS guns.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    *snip*

My best, 9 kills, 1 damaged, not a single HP lost. Also made defenders, Top Gun and Wittmans medal for it.

That's a very poor XP return for that amount of kills and a victory. I'd be highly annoyed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement