Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

WWII TANK MMO

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I went and bought a Löwe this morning (I've been considering one for a while as cash generator as Tier 9/10 loss money playing appearantly and I needed 3.5MM for my IS-4).

It is hands down, no questions asked, the most overpowered Tier8 tank I've seen. I was taking out 20%+ chunks on IS4s from the front with standard AP ammo; I can't do that regularly with my Tier 9 gun on my IS-3...

Then to add more salt in the wound it repairs at ~30% less and it has a cash multiplier which has to be bugged (40k losing games, 7k repair, 4k ammo...).

In short if you want money and you want to really make a impact in CW then consider getting a Löwe, not for exp, not for grinding but simply because it blows things up so damn well. Oh and please don't get the KV-5, the gun is poor for the rank (which is why everyone runs a Löwe even if the armor is worse on the sides/back etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Nody wrote: »
    Well I went and bought a Löwe this morning (I've been considering one for a while as cash generator as Tier 9/10 loss money playing appearantly and I needed 3.5MM for my IS-4).

It is hands down, no questions asked, the most overpowered Tier8 tank I've seen. I was taking out 20%+ chunks on IS4s from the front with standard AP ammo; I can't do that regularly with my Tier 9 gun on my IS-3...

Then to add more salt in the wound it repairs at ~30% less and it has a cash multiplier which has to be bugged (40k losing games, 7k repair, 4k ammo...).

In short if you want money and you want to really make a impact in CW then consider getting a Löwe, not for exp, not for grinding but simply because it blows things up so damn well. Oh and please don't get the KV-5, the gun is poor for the rank (which is why everyone runs a Löwe even if the armor is worse on the sides/back etc.).

Plus the KV-5 looks like a fat oversizsed KV (which it is i suppose :p)

The lowe looks awesome and I'm always wary of them in my PzJager IV, wheras the Kv-5 reaction is "ooooooh a big fat slow target" :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I've found the opposite. The KV5s seem tough enough that my 105mm on my T32 bounces shells off it routinely, even from flank aspects. Lowes I penetrate more often than not, even frontally. Granted, the KV5's gun is less dangerous.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've found the opposite. The KV5s seem tough enough that my 105mm on my T32 bounces shells off it routinely, even from flank aspects. Lowes I penetrate more often than not, even frontally. Granted, the KV5's gun is less dangerous.

NTM
    KV5 has more armor on all sides but the cannon is a joke compared to the Löwe (as good front armor but poor sides/back)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

following on from that review i just purchased a lowe...

first game...
    shot020b.jpg

cha-ching

90k credits

OK. That's just wrong.

NTM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

OK. That's just wrong.

NTM

For a €30 tank, it's what it should be.

Wargaming must have really coined it from the Lowes, there's a lot of them about. I've seen more of them in single matches, then I have of Churchills or Matildas in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

NTM

Hence you keep pelting them with high explosives :P

• Advertisement

only cost me approx 15e as i had tonnes of gold elft from the middle package i bought at release.

and i have enough gold for another 7 weeks premium

just unlocked IS, spent 800k on the e8 earlier..probably should have kept it to buy the IS, need 1.4 million credits...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Lowe's everywhere for me

Edit: You know WG are never gonna nerf them now, there'll be outrage from all the people who shelled out their 30 euro to be l33t gam3rz

Gneez wrote: »
    Lowe's everywhere for me

Edit: You know WG are never gonna nerf them now, there'll be outrage from all the people who shelled out their 30 euro to be l33t gam3rz
    I don't need to be a l33t gam3r but I sure as heck need the credits it earns me ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

On a different note, don't forget to check your depot for old ammo left over when tanks or guns are sold. I stumbled across 40k credits worth of old shells in there yesterday.

thats the only reason i got it, to get credits for buying tanks, but its actually a decent brawler, went one to one with a t32 two of us rammed n each others face(dirty!!) and i took him down, mind you i was on about 2% afterwards but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Had a serious WTF?? moment in my KV-3 the other night.

On Westfield yesterday, in the little village part.

I'm in my KV-3 with a shiny new 122mm D-2-5T lolcannon

I approach form the south-west. I see an IS poking out from around the back of a building. I zoom in, fire, hit, 30% straight off him. 'Lovely' I think.

I drive on closer, until we're either side of the same building. I get hammered by 2 arty shells, 20% left.

I poke out and hit him again, he's on 1% health *sigh*

He pokes around, fires, and bounces. 'Yes!' I though, I drive out, point blank, fire into his side 'We just dinged him'
    WTF????????????????

He shoots me again, I'm on 4%.

My loader is dead, so its taking longer to load.

I get my gun loaded, poke around the corner, point blank, shoot into his side and.......you guessed it 'We just dinged him'' seriously WTF????!!!!!

He fires, it pings. I cannot believe it at this stage.

I fire again, 'Critical hit' but no damage. He fires, I die.

Seriously need to sort out the critical hit / ghost shell / bounce characteristics!

lol he probably had the 122mm aswell, which is an upgrade for IS.
    its also the same gun as the first update gun on the su-152.

thats what it was like when me and the t32 were face to face, we were jsut pinging each others turrets

pz123.jpg

I get my gun loaded, poke around the corner, point blank, shoot into his side and.......you guessed it 'We just dinged him'' seriously WTF????!!!!!

It's all about the angles...

I've been turning a steady profit in my T32, with 25k profit not unusual. It may not up my bank balance to the level of a Lowe as quickly, but on the other hand, such games put over 1,000xp straight into my progression to the next tank without need to spend more gold on conversion.

NTM

• Advertisement

It's all about the angles...

I've been turning a steady profit in my T32, with 25k profit not unusual. It may not up my bank balance to the level of a Lowe as quickly, but on the other hand, such games put over 1,000xp straight into my progression to the next tank without need to spend more gold on conversion.

NTM

Honestly we were perpendicular. He was about a metre from the end of my barrel.

Its a silly mechanic at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ok ok so since I got it I got blasted out of many games but stuck with it. :D

Am loving it so far. Going with USA tanks as they seem slightly more fun at the low level stuff so far. Have a t57 and a T2 medium tank pretty much specced up and am trying to gind credits and experience to work my way up to higher tanks. Best score so far is 4 kills with the t57 and 2 of those was me v 2 as last man standing so am pretty chuffed for a few hours gaming experience :D

Yawns wrote: »
    . Best score so far is 4 kills with the t57 and 2 of those was me v 2 as last man standing so am pretty chuffed for a few hours gaming experience :D

well done and welcome to WoT addiction :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Derp gun is so funny, just got 10 kills in a match there with it, it's the howitzer that derps its way into your heart, screenshot1 screenshot2

What made that match so good was my whole team just lolligagged off and died like lemmings and it was me vs 10 of them, put on my best war face and trollekannoned them all! damn it feels good to be a gangsta

nice, but for every round you get with loads of lowbies like that you get 10 rounds against high tiers..which the derpgun can still dmg big time!!

Just wanted to post to say - great win guys :)

And a total of 6 kills for me over both matches is nice.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/42296-world-of-tanks-patch-v65/

World of Tanks 6.4. - 6.5 preliminary patch notes:

- Added basic US TD line: T18, T82, T40, M10 Wolverine, M36 Slagger, T25 AT, T28, T95.
    - M26 Pershing replaced for M46 Patton as tier 9 US medium tank. M26 Pershing moved to tier 8. T23 US medium tank temporarily removed.
    - Added premium tanks: US M22 Locust, USSR T-127.
    - Added new maps: Redshire and Arctic (working title).
    - Visually redesigned maps: Karelia and Erlenberg.
    - Fixed bugs, stickings, impassibilities for the majority of maps.
    - Fixed destruction and damage models for some objects.
    - Fixed errors in vehicle models.
    - Fixed credit income for M12, tier 6 US SPG (now the same as its counterparts have).
    - Increased gun depression angle for T1 hvy, M6, T32, T34.
    - Increased credit income for M6A2E1 by 10%.
    - Fixed hitboxes for T1 hvy, M6, M6A2E1.
    - Reworked protection for colour of shell tracer effects.
    - Fixed discrepancy of pre-battle counter.
    - Fixed description for Orlik's medal.
    - Fixed crash to desktop when minimizing the game (rare).
    - Fixed sound notification when observation device has been taken out.
    - Fixed error when tracers and effects of shots would disappear during the loading of enemy tank models.
    - Fixed display of hit spots from explosion on objects
    - Fixed display of muted player (from whom voice messages are forbidden) on the loading screen
    - Fixed display of the list of input devices in the voice chat settings
    - Added post-battle message to the hangar informing about the amount of credits deducted for killing or damaging allies
    - Fixed not being able to click on some squares of minimap after changing the size of the game window
    - Fixed blank lines in some of the graphics settings for certain configurations
    - Fixed reset of graphics settings to "custom" when you change default graphic presets
    - Fixed text descriptions for some tanks
    - Fixed error with incorrect selection of the most "weak" crew member for training during the accelerated crew training
    - Fixed error when players couldn't leave the clan by themselves

Wow, they've finally fixed the timer!!! They attempted to fix that last year, and failed lol

Its been like that since I started playing a year ago!

• Advertisement

besides the 2 maps and the us tds, what about the patch to introduce the tech tries that have been altered.

and no change to the clan battles..f**k sake

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement