Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

copeyhagen wrote: »
    besides the 2 maps and the us tds, what about the patch to introduce the tech tries that have been altered.

and no change to the clan battles..f**k sake

This has been up for a while dude (in various versions) - those changes were never making it into 6.5.

The tech tree changes won't be until July at the earliest I believe, maybe 6.6 if we're lucky.

**can;t find the damn thread that gives prelim details of up to 6.7 I think... will continue to search!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh, iseen that future patch on the forums the day the game was released, thought this was it and it had been watered down.

yeh, iseen that future patch on the forums the day the game was released, thought this was it and it had been watered down.

It had been updated recently enough, to go as far as 6.7 iirc

It may well be just edited and called the 6.5 thread now. I can't find it at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Added premium tanks: US M22 Locust, USSR T-127.
    Anyone got an idea on the type/tier of the new premium tanks? Found it, they are light tanks (leopardish fast is the rumour).

Also read another thread (I'll repost later) that the current tank changes are US changes < German tank changes < Russian changes so depending on your tree it will be a while before it comes.

The idea will be that the IS-4 once changed will have a upgraded 122mm (the IS-7 keep the 130mm) so I guess IS-4 fast/light and IS-7 heavy/slow would be the future split.

Also here is a preliminary 0.66 patch note I googled up from end of May:
    Preliminary patch notes of v.6.6 update planned for release after v.6.5:

New map Fishing Bay (working title, subject to change)

New map Siegfried Line (working title, subject to change)

New German heavy tanks line: Pz.VI Tiger (P), VK 4502 (P) Ausf A, Е-75, Е-100.

New US heavy tank М103, a substitution to Т34 as tier 9 US heavy tank.

Soviet heavy tank IS-4 shift to tier 10 and introduction of Object 252 as new tier 9 Soviet heavy tank.

New US premium light tank M22 Locust.

New Soviet premium light tank Т-127.

The introduction of German medium tank Е-50 in v.6.6 update is under consideration.

ETA - July 2011.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Found it, they are light tanks (leopardish fast is the rumour).

Locust should be Tier III, I think. The thing was designed with transportability first in mind, not combat capability. It's very small (6' high) and has a 37mm cannon. Should be relatively poorly armoured, but reasonably fast. I would not consider it to be Leopard-fast.

I hope to be speaking to the Devs in person tomorrow, I'll be giving my blunt opinion on some of their ideas on what's 'reasonable.'

NTM

• Advertisement

Oh, epic. Not mine, from the American server. Thread entitled "They don't suspect a thing..."
    Managed to pull this off on a Himmelsdorf game of mainly T8 tanks. Noticed about 10 tanks went that route and decided to go up middle to see what shenanigans I could get up to. Turns out an ISU-152 and a Lowe had left my parking spot open and I jumped into it. The Jagdpanzer IV with it's side turned to me was the only tank that knew I was there as I proceeded to fire shots into the enemy tanks within their own lines. Did heavy damage to plenty of tanks and after they died my team pushed up, spooking the ISU-152 into leaving sniper mode. He spotted me but I wouldn't let him go, grinding him backwards and forwards, using him as a shield as I pelted on other tanks on their team. I was finally cut down after an M6 showed up on my rear, which allowed the ISU-152 to face me and they both tore me open pretty quickly. Luckily I had opened the road for my team and we won without losing more than a couple other tanks. Definitely my best manuever in the game across almost 3500 battles. Here is the pic:

(Pic too large for direct embed)
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4148/2011061200001l.jpg

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Top speed of the M22 locust was 64kph. Should be fast

Top speed on hard, level ground. Look at the tracks and suspension and try to compare that to A20 or Leopard.

NTM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sorry to piss on all of your cheerios here but reality does not equal in game abilities/stats or German tanks would be sniping 1km away.

If Locust was a Russian tank, I'd agree with you.

But it's not!

NTM

• Advertisement

Check this out.

Go here.

http://wot.ctocopok.ru/load_cache.php

Click 'Browse'

Navigate to (Depending on your OS)

Windows Vista / 7: C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming\wargamin g.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache\
    Windows 2000/XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Application Data\wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache\

And load the file NRXWO2LOFVWWC43UMVZC453POJWGI33GORQW423TFZZHKORSGAYDCNB3NJXWQ3TOPFPXIZLTORSXE===.dat give or take a couple of letters.

Save as a CSV file, then open.

My T32 has killed 14 Lowes so far... :)

Translation from cyrillic ASCII: Ò=T. ÑÓ=SU, ÊÂ=KV, ÈÑ=IS. You might want to do a find/replace.

NTM

Check this out.

Go here.

http://wot.ctocopok.ru/load_cache.php

Click 'Browse'

Navigate to (Depending on your OS)

Windows Vista / 7: C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming\wargamin g.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache\
    Windows 2000/XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Application Data\wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache\

And load the file NRXWO2LOFVWWC43UMVZC453POJWGI33GORQW423TFZZHKORSGAYDCNB3NJXWQ3TOPFPXIZLTORSXE===.dat give or take a couple of letters.

Save as a CSV file, then open.

My T32 has killed 14 Lowes so far... :)

Translation from cyrillic ASCII: Ò=T. ÑÓ=SU, ÊÂ=KV, ÈÑ=IS. You might want to do a find/replace.

NTM

So does this actually update your account stats? Or just to make your own stats 'look' cool? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

so Manics post means that you can see what tanks you have destroyed with each tank you have fought with, or am I incorrect?

so i bit the bullet and spent 28k xp on the last 122mm for the su-152, its a tier 8 gun and a requirement to get to the b10 cannon before getting the objekt. had one game with it..molinovka. got some good hits before we all rushed, we won but i got killed from hill side as i positioned myself in the middle bushes while we rushed.

hopefully this gun helps me get to the isu-152 quickly now.

oh, on another note, i pretty much hate the e8 sherman, so crap compared to te m4s he gun

Auvers wrote: »
    so Manics post means that you can see what tanks you have destroyed with each tank you have fought with, or am I incorrect?

I don't get what it does at all. It's too early in the morning for me, and I haven't had my coffee yet.

I'm sure it will make sense once I jump-start my brain.

For some reason I though it was an uber account hack lol:D

so i bit the bullet and spent 28k xp on the last 122mm for the su-152, its a tier 8 gun and a requirement to get to the b10 cannon before getting the objekt. had one game with it..molinovka. got some good hits before we all rushed, we won but i got killed from hill side as i positioned myself in the middle bushes while we rushed.

hopefully this gun helps me get to the isu-152 quickly now.

oh, on another note, i pretty much hate the e8 sherman, so crap compared to te m4s he gun

Nice, should help get you the XP for the Objekt.

I'm about halfway to my IS-3 after a couple of days in my IS. Also about halfway to GW Panther - but that's a long grind with the Hummel (116k XP)

don't call it a day with the E8 yet, when you get that baby upgraded with all modules\crew\rammer\vents\GLD you will be getting 4-6 kills a game, its ROF and dexterity is insane

for e8 i have turret, guns, tracks, engine and still i hate it..just preferred the boom cannon of the m4.

need to get stuck into my is3 grind

for e8 i have turret, guns, tracks, engine and still i hate it..just preferred the boom cannon of the m4.

if you don't like the E8 you wont like the T-20 either, those tanks are all about flanking and hitting an enemies weak spots, I love the M4s derp gun also its great fun to play but I prefer the fast firing agile tanks a lot more

the fact the t20 uses the same bloody guns as the e8 is gonna drive me insane. love my little money making elite m4, but grrrrr, that bloody e8.

i do get good games with it, flanking down enemies blind spots and taking out theyre arty, its jsut so frustrating dying early in games, happened me 3 times yesterday, parked it up for the night.

• Advertisement

i do get good games with it, flanking down enemies blind spots and taking out theyre arty, its jsut so frustrating dying early in games, happened me 3 times yesterday, parked it up for the night.

is your crew trained?

looking at your stats you have only played 15 matches with it, give it time you may have to adjust your play style slightly as the tank is quite fragile.

Stick with other mediums and harass the enemy with your superior ROF and wait for the chance to flank them, you can quite easily penetrate an IS3 from the sides and rear with the top gun and if you cant flank a heavy stick on HEs and kill his crew\modules as you can shoot three shells by the time say a T29 reloads

jees that sounds wrong, thought i had played way more than 15 games with it.

i do wanna play mediums, theyre the one class i didnt get up to a high tier with in beta. and i like the american tanks for this, ill give it another go, maybe im not givin it enough time.

think my crews all around high 80s.

i do wanna play mediums, theyre the one class i didnt get up to a high tier with in beta. and i like the american tanks for this.

just remember with mediums never stop and shoot also get the gun laying drive and rammer for every medium and relocate around the map depending on the situation, I love mediums infact its all I really play
    think my crews all around high 80s.

get your crew up to 100% on the E8 and its a beast of a tank with the ROF

to be honest i cant afford to spend a million credits now on 2 pieces of eq for a tier 6 middle!

i have 1.5 million credits since last weekend, but im grinding xp and credits for is3 and isu-152!

Well the point would be that you would continue to use them (at 10g a piece) by moving them on to the new tanks as you upgrade :)

to be honest i cant afford to spend a million credits now on 2 pieces of eq for a tier 6 middle

fair enough but Tier 6\7 are great money makers so tricking them out is well worth it

but seeing as you have a Lowe :)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My new VK3601 (H) is wrecking my head, I am getting my ass handed to me. Thinking of going back to my Pzk IV at the moment.
    My experience is every tank sucks donky balls until at least the first gun upgrade (which is why I'm always try to get the next tank's gun researched before going up to it).

the vk3601 is a decent enough tank once ya get into it.

the tiger isnt much better when ya get it tbh!!!

kt now, once upgraded is a formidable sniper.

Nody wrote: »
    My experience is every tank sucks donky balls until at least the first gun upgrade (which is why I'm always try to get the next tank's gun researched before going up to it).

my first round with my su-152 and the 152mm, i one shot an IS, i was like 'holy sh1t, this tank rocks'.

then i got to see the 33% miss rate from about 100 mtrs.... grrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »

Correct.

Also allows you to make calculations such as 'amount of xp/earned per minute of play for each of your tanks' or 'damage caused/received ratio per tank'

NTM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement