Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The all new T95 !

300mm front armor - 155 gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Ponster wrote: »
    300mm front armor

300mm :eek: that cant be right

Auvers wrote: »
    300mm :eek: that cant be right

And 200mm on the side and rear.

post from overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

And 200mm on the side and rear.

post from overlord

Holy shiznit. That's one crazy TD.

Holy shiznit. That's one crazy TD.

Yep. And IMHO it's the way it should be. The most powerful tank should be a TD in order to counter the IS-7s of this world. As with every TD, get around the back of it and you'll kill it (eventually!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

is this the t28 td? cant see videos in work. was also called the t95

t28_std.jpg

can sum1 copy / past wat overlord said? please!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    is this the t28 td? cant see videos in work. was also called the t95!

yep that's it

the T95 :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yep. And IMHO it's the way it should be. The most powerful tank should be a TD in order to counter the IS-7s of this world. As with every TD, get around the back of it and you'll kill it (eventually!).
    Sorry but 200mm in the back/side means you won't kill it eventually either because that is MAUS front armor thickness...

The counter to it would be Arty but hey, we nerfed Arty to hell and half the maps are already useless for arties anyway so the answer will be to do what exactly? Have one of your own and let them slug it out for the rest of the game?

I think there'll always be areas that are a lot weaker then others. Having experienced the JT I know that TSs can be easily beat if you hit the right spots.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

T28 has a 105mm gun. T95 has a 155 in the game, apparently.

Neither were supposed to be tank destroyers, they were assault guns/breakthrough tanks.

NTM

• Advertisement

so theyre both gonna be in game?! us tier 9 and 10 are they?!!!

'land battleships'

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Can't speak russian but the video has WoT with tank physics. Given the date is no longer april 1st it looks real. Hopefully it won't be too buggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyJEusS9RE&feature=player_embedded

It'll give people a good reason to play the scouts. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can't speak russian but the video has WoT with tank physics. Given the date is no longer april 1st it looks real. Hopefully it won't be too buggy.

That's real, I've seen it before. That's with low gravity though, the end results won't be on that scale.

good Thread about the upcoming T95

she is a big one :)

163882.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

I'm defiantly getting a t-95. The nickname going around for it is ''The Sphinx'' and the one before it in the line, the t28 is ''The Cockroach'':).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The nickname going around for it is ''The Sphinx'' and the one before it in the line, the t28 is ''The Cockroach''.

I despair. I know it's a game, but films, games and Internet have a terrible way of making people believe history different to the way it happened. Now you'll have people thinking 'Sphinx' was the real name.

I sent a desperate email to the highest levels begging them not to release the US TD tree with unrealistic names, most specifically 'Slugger.'

We'll see if they listen.

NTM

The presenter has some nice physics too :D

The physics implementation will probably be a year or two down the line, considering it takes 6 months to get tech tree changes done. :rolleyes:

On another note, got my lovely GW Panther last night :)

Have already fully upgraded engine, tracks and radio. 16k for upgraded gun, using the same as the Hummel at the moment.

The GW Panther has an unbelievable arc of fire from its small 'turret' without having to move the tank - meaning no need to focus aim.

To give you an idea, here's a little graphic showing my position on Malinovka, and the arc of fire I had without having to turn my tank. I could fire in that entire area without losing much of my aim focus.

164017.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

I despair. I know it's a game, but films, games and Internet have a terrible way of making people believe history different to the way it happened. Now you'll have people thinking 'Sphinx' was the real name.

But every advanced civilisation has a Sphinx surely? ;)

might give them a go too..my e8 sherman can link straight into the tier 6 td..

Worst player ever???

164921.jpg

This guy started raging at me for being 'stupid invisible cnut' etc.

I was in my hummel. The other side of the map. He called me every name under the sun accusing me of 'hacking' because he couldn't see me....

It makes sense that after 4000+ battles, and and average XP of 175 - his highest tank is an IS.

These are the people we have fighting alongside us when we moan that we have a 'n00b' team.

• Advertisement

Oh look who I bumped into.. (must be attracting them tonight)

Renesco (aka Gneez) still raging in game. Decided to ram up the back of my tank, talk BS in game, then shoot my engine. Good to know this type of player / person has been weeded out thankfully.

aa493_thumb.jpg

b2c2c_thumb.jpg

4c1c0_thumb.jpg

09800_thumb.jpg

patch this week :)

http://twitter.com/#!/worldoftanks

"worldoftanks worldoftanks.com
    The 0.6.5 patch will probably released this week."

Youtube trailer for the new patch showing the new maps & the new tanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aKEop8R1GM&feature=player_embedded

And from the forums one of the Developers said this "Moreover, the bigger maps will be released in autumn - begin of winter , along with 30vs30 and 45vs45 battler"

Not sure if I'll still be playing much by then but bigger battles are something that might draw me back.

And from the forums one of the Developers said this "Moreover, the bigger maps will be released in autumn - begin of winter , along with 30vs30 and 45vs45 battler

I thought there was an game engine limitation problem that the maps couldn't be made any bigger :confused:

Auvers wrote: »
    I thought there was an game engine limitation problem that the maps couldn't be made any bigger :confused:

That was a long time ago. They moved to BigWorld 2 some time ago which may have made that limitation redundant.

Like the looks of the new patch & maps. Particularly Arctic Region - reminds me of Battlefield for some reason...

Lots of new yankee tanks, might start going that tree for a while for some of the new tanks.

That was a long time ago. They moved to BigWorld 2 some time ago which may have made that limitation redundant.

good stuff so bigger maps with physics will be fun

but I really need a new game mode soon or I may of moved onto another game by the time these are implemented

some kind of free for all would be interesting on the big maps.

the good thing about a game like this is, if you start getting bored, you can always let ur premium run out and stop playing for a while..then a few weeks / months later you can come back and play for free, its not like renewing your sub with the likes of WOW, only to find the game is even worse than the first time you left because of it.

I have to say though, I'm mostly looking forward to them finally fixing the damn battle timer 'clicking' in sync.

That's been bugged since I started the closed beta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Was posted in another thread but not sure how many saw it. I've put up a request for a new WoT subforum & and a clan forum. If you think this is a good idea please post your support here and if not please say why here :p

• Advertisement

Some new changes in patch but the most important one is... I HATE the new team announcement voices. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement