Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Some new changes in patch but the most important one is... I HATE the new team announcement voices. :mad:

Huh?? What are they??

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

New voice that sounds like a bad Buzz Lightyear impersonator. Guaranteed to make me hate the game if I've to listen to it too much more but the voice messages are too useful to put on silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

there is about 6 or 7 threads after appearing in the main game forum all complaining about the new crew voices :)

cant wait to hear them when I get home, but first I must backup the old ones in case there is someway to mod them back in

*edit

you can put the old crew sounds back if you like, I haven't tried this but the poster on WoT forums says it works

posted on WoT forums

I'm grabbing the English soundpack from here (Original thread) as the new ones are AWFUL. :P

Upzip the files into:

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_closed_Beta\res\audio

No renaming required.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It seems I have this man as my T18 loader:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Ford

1st game on Artic Circle map. looks like lots of hull down positions. there a quick route to enemy flag with a bottleneck at the end, a wide open route down the middle and the long way round with lots of hiding spots.

The reworked Erlenberg (the river with the 3 bridges) has lots more buildings at the bottom bridge and some more on the hill on the side without the castle. Havent seen the top part yet.

Still no tracers from hidden enemy.

Have a tier 4 us TD (stock its horrible, 2% off a KV) but I'm trying to get the new 90mm for the Pershing. No 105mm for the Pershing as expected.

• Advertisement

but I'm trying to get the new 90mm for the Pershing. No 105mm for the Pershing as expected.

how many exp for the 90mm? and how is the Tier 8 Pershing compared to the T23?

Gonna have a look at the new US tree when I log in this afternoon (should be home from work early today :) ). Might see what I can get to for around 20k XP.

I know I'm up to the M3 Lee, but think I might go the TD line.

18,900xp. Fortunatly I have most of that already earned on the grind to tier 9.

If you've 20k free xp you should be able to get to tier 5 on the US TD tree.

18k that's not to bad, I was going to buy my turret for the T23 tonight so think I will sink that into the 90mm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/kursk_operation

A special event to mark the battle of Kursk.

Starting July 1st and till July 4th the following bonuses will be available:
    - experience received for the first victory will be multiplied by 5;
    - a 7-day premium account can be purchased for the price of a 3-day premium account.
    Starting July 1st and till July 8th the following bonus will be available:
    - Consumables can be purchased with a 50% discount.

• Advertisement

Anyone beat this?? 17 arty in one battle... :D

165406.jpg

A couple of pics of redesigned Komarin & Erlenberg

a6220_thumb.jpg

80422_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

erlenbergs beautiful. very nicely changed.

atm im just grinding away to the bl10 on my isu and the suspension, turret and bl09 for my is3.

lowe is still probably the most fun of the 3 tier 8s, probably because the crews at 100% with 60% repair and all the bells and whistles.

im sure once the other two get the big gun you can forget about the lowe, it will be back to a credit maker.

i think im the only one that actually likes the new voices!!

and i need about 30k xp on my e8 to buy the t6 US td. might just get the t20 though instead.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    erlenbergs beautiful. very nicely changed.

atm im just grinding away to the bl10 on my isu and the suspension, turret and bl09 for my is3.

lowe is still probably the most fun of the 3 tier 8s, probably because the crews at 100% with 60% repair and all the bells and whistles.

im sure once the other two get the big gun you can forget about the lowe, it will be back to a credit maker.

i think im the only one that actually likes the new voices!!

and i need about 30k xp on my e8 to buy the t6 US td. might just get the t20 though instead.

Yeah, in fairness they did a great job on the re-designed maps. Komarin & Erlenberg are both amazing now. The attention to detail, particularly the contour of the land with all the dips and small pools etc on Komarin is incredible.

Love the way they've changed the vilalge on Erlenberg, and the redesigned bridges & river (with the little island) is great too.

Not a huge fan of the new maps. Redshire is a good map to play, but Artic whatever-its-called is a bit hap-hazard. Its a very detailed map, and looks great, its's just not all that great to play IMO.

Got my Wolverine yesterday, so gonna grind that a bit. Stock gun is shocking bad, but the T7 76mm seems like it might be a good gun (using the 105mm at the moment).

Hate the new voices!! I renamed the files mid game, and played the rest of last night without any voices at all.

Had an awesome game in my tier 4 US Td, the T40, last night.

Westfield with 4 KV per side as the top tanks. Took one KV from 100 to 0 but still ended up being alone with 4 enemy tanks. Had to drive half way across the map but I killed the tank capping at 99% and then killed the rest of the enemy. To be fair they were badly damaged but I was a 1 shot to all of them. Got 1633 premium xp for my troubles. :D

The winning 5x experience battle next and got 1shotted in less than 2 minutes and got about 200xp. :(

Had an awesome game in my tier 4 US Td, the T40, last night.

Westfield with 4 KV per side as the top tanks. Took one KV from 100 to 0 but still ended up being alone with 4 enemy tanks. Had to drive half way across the map but I killed the tank capping at 99% and then killed the rest of the enemy. To be fair they were badly damaged but I was a 1 shot to all of them. Got 1633 premium xp for my troubles. :D

The winning 5x experience battle next and got 1shotted in less than 2 minutes and got about 200xp. :(

In my Tier 5 Wolverine, it took about 9 shots to take down a KV with the stock 76mm. Damn its a terrible gun.

Gonna give the tank a good few rounds tonight and try get the top 76mm gun on it.

Might even get to the T6 over the next couple of days. Its a nice change having a new tank to play around with :)

is the 76mm the same gun as the e8?

if it is its ****e!!! well, it is when your comparing it to your heavies of equivalent tier, which itself is an unfair comparison i know.

been havin a good bit of fun in the mediums though, tryin to get to their arty undetected :D

is the 76mm the same gun as the e8?

if it is its ****e!!! well, it is when your comparing it to your heavies of equivalent tier, which itself is an unfair comparison i know.

been havin a good bit of fun in the mediums though, tryin to get to their arty undetected :D

Yep, could be the same gun. Its terrible. All it does is bounce - from equal tier or higher. Ad its not even that great against lower tiers!

The T40 has a variant of the top 76mm gun from the Sherman M4, the M1A1. A decent gun in the right hands.

The Wolverine's stock gun is some pos 75mm. It's top 76mm gun is the TD variant of the Sherman E8's top gun, the M1A2. An awesome weapon. An accurate shot every 3 seconds. I liked it so much I used it on the T20 instead of its 90mm.

Both weapons on the TD's are faster aiming & firing than their medium cousins.

If you're firing a mediums gun at the front of a tank you're doing to wrong. A round every 3 seconds into the side of a tigerII or an IS3 and they stop paying attention to the TigerII in front of them and start looking for you. :)

Yeah I want to grind to the top 76mm asap, as the other guns are god awful. They bounce from the side of a KV ffs lol.

Important Clan Structure Update!!

• Advertisement

Spent yesterday running around in a T40 one-shotting people with the 105mm howitzer. Though I was great, until I noticed that it doesn't get HE, I had wrongly spent 500 gold on HEAT shells by misreading the shell name.

haha nice one spear!

been having a fun few games in the easy8 so have decided not to bother going from that to the tier6 US td and to get myself a t20.

if i ever want to get the slugger i can just use free xp then.

dam lowe, have spent 20e in last 2 weeks on gold exclusively transferring xp to free xp, must have transferred 100k

**does anyone know if i need the suspension upgrade to mount the bl9 gun on is3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

**does anyone know if i need the suspension upgrade to mount the bl9 gun on is3?
    If you get the upgraded tracks for the IS-3 or IS-4 you're grand all the way up to IS-7 for guns (you may also need a turret depending on the tank).

You can easily enough check it on the tank though by seeing how much free weight is on it at the moment and how much more the gun weights (+ turret if needed). In general you need either tracks or module upgrade for upgraded guns though.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

You can't mount the bl9 on the stock is3 but if you upgrade the turret (the upgraded turret weights less) you can fit the bl9 on without having to upgrade the tracks. I think the tracks only add a small bit of extra traverse speed so personally I got the second turret the bl9 and I'm now going straight for the is4.

cheers lads, i already got the turret on her so should have enough for bl9 tonight i think...

or wait a day or two and get bl10 for isu-152... tough choice..

think the is3 wins for now!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Spear wrote: »
    Spent yesterday running around in a T40 one-shotting people with the 105mm howitzer. Though I was great, until I noticed that it doesn't get HE, I had wrongly spent 500 gold on HEAT shells by misreading the shell name.

I spent all weekend doing the same thing. Takes ages to reload but you 1-shot a LOT of much bigger tanks.

heres my dilemma today, have enough xp to buy ONE of the following tonight.

BL09 gun for IS3 - have the turret already, doesnt need suspension. great tank, im sure the bl9 gives it a much harder punch.

BL10 gun for ISU-152 - i havent researched the suspension yet, can sumone check if it needs to be upgraded to take the extra weight? im sure the bl10 is a monster on this tank, and im already having a lot of fun with my isu.

t20 medium tank - finding the e8 sherman very hit and miss, whereas i loved the m4. hoping if i go for the t20 ill be happily surprised

which should i go for...kinda leaning towards the bl10 at the moment...

heres my dilemma today, have enough xp to buy ONE of the following tonight.

BL09 gun for IS3 - have the turret already, doesnt need suspension. great tank, im sure the bl9 gives it a much harder punch.

BL10 gun for ISU-152 - i havent researched the suspension yet, can sumone check if it needs to be upgraded to take the extra weight? im sure the bl10 is a monster on this tank, and im already having a lot of fun with my isu.

t20 medium tank - finding the e8 sherman very hit and miss, whereas i loved the m4. hoping if i go for the t20 ill be happily surprised

which should i go for...kinda leaning towards the bl10 at the moment...

IS-3 is just a better armoured IS with the 122mm D-25T. So the BL-9 should certainly be near the top of the list.

ISU-152 - BL10 = insta fun. You will be the scourge of the battlefield with that gun.

T20 - not a great tank tbh I kill them quite easily, even in my M-36 Slugger before I got the 90mm...

On that basis, its either the BL9 or BL10.

How much damage are you doing with the ISU as is? Is it still dishing out pain? If so, I'd say the BL-9 on the IS-3 might be the best bet, then you'll have 2 tanks capable of dishing out a lot of hurt, rather than one thats lethal, and one that really only great against its own tier or lower.

My choice = BL-9 for the IS-3

some good points there, think ill just keep grinding away towards the t20 whenever im bored, as for me, the mediums are the elast fun of the 3.

the isu and is3 have the same gun, only the reload rate is about 33% quick on the isu.

is3 is more of a target as your normally first line of attack, whereas the isu is sitting back in a bush picking people off...

• Advertisement

so the isu-152 needed suspension upgraded to take bl10, so i upgraded the suspension, and am now grinding back to bl10 again.

i bought the bl09 for the is3, so i have an extra 100 penetration now, havent had a proper chance to test it out yet.

was too busy with my easy8.

went and bought the last gun and engine for it (hadnt bothered with them before as i wanted t20 from day1 of the e8) and bought myself the rammer and holy sh1t its like a different tank. the reload is like 3 seconds if even, and the little gun packs a fair aul punch consider im bottom of msot peoples list..

im actually looking forward to the 40k xp grind ahead of me for the t20!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement