Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

copeyhagen wrote: »
    jesus the m3 is sh1t alright, why would someone design such a tank!!

hated it...

Lots of people say that, but then they look at their stats to discover a surprising high win rate with the thing.

As a tank, yes, it is relatively problematic due to silhouette and lack of turret. However, it does have a pretty good gun, and for the tier level, the armour isn't bad. If you use it more like a TD than as a tank, it can be quite successful. Plus you take advantage of the gun being mounted on the extreme side, you can take cover and expose surprisingly little of your vehicle to return fire while plinking away with accuracy with a round every four seconds.

The reason it was designed that way was because the US hadn't yet figured out how to weld/cast a hull capable of accepting a turret which could mount the 75mm.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

gotta agree with Manic, I hated the Lee at first but when I got the top gun which is very accurate and it then turned into a great tank with a 100% crew

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

My favourite statistic from Spear's link is the number of Wittman's. There's 309 people playing with that name as part of their tag. And probably a bunch more with alternative spellings. :)

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/accounts/#wot&at_search=Wittman

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Daniel101

Hi, I didn't realise so many Irish people play world of tanks! :D
    My highest tier tank is a T29, its fully upgraded so I'm just grinding towards a T32.

Daniel101 wrote: »
    Hi, I didn't realise so many Irish people play world of tanks! :D

yep the boards.ie clan is 56 strong, join and make it 57 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

got my t20 the other day, and on standard account im averaging about 1200 for a win, thats brilliant for a standard account!! got 2400 in it yesterday for my first win of the day! on standard..

i sold my e8, but took the crew from it, and my stabiliser and rammer. the t20 is upgraded with engine, suspension and radio. i can pretty much take a tiger out 1 on 1, as long as i can get up close to him, his turret is so slow, same with a lot of tanks.

im absolutly loving the t20 at the moment, way way way more fun that my is3, lowe, isu-152 etc.

think meds could be my calling in this game! or maybe its just a nice change to have a fast tank than grind through slow heavies.

still gonna grind the rest in between games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Bloody hell thats some nice XP with premium, never mind without!

A lucky couple of games? Or do you see that sort of return being regular?

Just got my IS-3 last night, and love it :)

First round was 2430 XP (albeit doubled) but still, decent tank.

once the is3 gets the bl09 gun its a different ball game. i do enjoy playing the heavies, its jsut that the public games, most of the opposition appear to be sh1t, so its a lot of fun driving in circles around them while they try to aim at me!

i have only really played a handful of games with it, so hopefully the return stays at that level, a loss is averaging about 700, as im still getting kills

T20 is one of the best mediums in the game, and the matchmaker is very kind to it, a lot of the bigger tanks don't see you as a threat and will always fire on the bigger target, that is until they learn the error of their ways when you slip around the back of their tank and pepper their weak spots

also you can be a fantastic arty killer with the T20s speed and low profile

167584.jpg

exactly, my favourite past time in it is hunting down arty for the lols!!

thats an impressive kill count for the amount of games you played

• Advertisement

thats an impressive kill count for the amount of games you played

ta :cool:

aggressive play always wins the day in the T20

just use Rammer\Vents\Vertical Stabilizer

and when your crew is at 100% drop the vents and get the Gun Laying Drive, then you just cant miss

New TS details guys! We will be migrating from today.

Boards.ie TS server

Auvers wrote: »
    ta :cool:

aggressive play always wins the day in the T20

just use Rammer\Vents\Vertical Stabilizer

and when your crew is at 100% drop the vents and get the Gun Laying Drive, then you just cant miss

whats the pershing like in comparison?

to me, the mediums dont feel like the grind the heavies do, theyre so much fun to play, it doessnt feel like a chore to get your xp.

whats the pershing like in comparison?

its not as agile as the T23 and its ammo rack is made of paper it seems always gets knocked out every battle, sometimes twice.

also your loader seems to be hanging out the side of your tank as he gets killed nearly every battle as well

I think they need to improve the acceleration on the Pershing as its a tad slow for the playstyle of American mediums, although unlike the T23 the gun can do some damage versus higer tiers and it can also take a bit of a beating

Can either of you guys check that you received an email in your World of Tanks profile @ worldoftanks.eu?

It doesn't tell you when its sent, only when an error pops up PITA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can either of you guys check that you received an email in your World of Tanks profile @ worldoftanks.eu?

Didn't get one.

is the t23 the old tier 8?! before pershing was changed?!

cant get onto my profile in work dg

yep the old T8 T23 could turn on a penny but it was pretty much a cut and paste job from the T20 but it was faster\agile

I played all mediums in the Beta, the T54 was easy mode and soon got very bored of it

the Panther2 was a boring sniper didn't like it at all

but the Pershing took skill and cunning to survive but when you got the last gun it was all worth it

I think maybe they have fcuked the American meds for me with the t23\Pershing\Patton swap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It does say when it was sent, was from some random spammer :pac:

BANNED^^

• Advertisement

Why? (Just so we can learn from the mistakes of others)

NTM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

NTM
    Military coup!

NTM

lol just jokin around man!

But he knows he's close to being brought in front of a court martial for contemp :p

Just copped, you're not a mod... Doh.

NTM

Just copped, you're not a mod... Doh.

NTM

lol

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

No he's not a mod kekeke

off to spain on sunday morning for 12 days, im guessing the next patch will be out either while im away or on my return.

looks like i wont have my s51 before then :(

off to spain on sunday morning for 12 days, im guessing the next patch will be out either while im away or on my return.

looks like i wont have my s51 before then :(
    The russian changes are still not scheduled in so you've got to at least September if not longer before the ruskie changes to the tree (next one up is German tanks this patch, ruskies might be after that which would be early September if you're optimistic).

ah cool, thought the russian tree changes were due next major patch.. sweet.

will be nice to see ze new german tanks rolling around so...

and i should still get my s51 now before sept......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Nody wrote: »
    The russian changes are still not scheduled in so you've got to at least September if not longer before the ruskie changes to the tree (next one up is German tanks this patch, ruskies might be after that which would be early September if you're optimistic).

FFS I've been keeping a KV and KV3 in my hanger for ages already, I want this patch asap so I can sell the kv3 and free up some slots, been using the KV only for double experience matches and I have it so long its now got 100% repair and 80% firefighting.
    ah cool, thought the russian tree changes were due next major patch.. sweet.

will be nice to see ze new german tanks rolling around so...

and i should still get my s51 now before sept......

s51 is a beast it's worth spending the extra 500k on the shell rammer and the better-aiming-thingy for it that costs 600k

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement