Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

found this on the official forums

v. 0.5.5 main changes:

- 2 new maps: Komarin and Cliff.
    - Adjusted speed of burning of all tanks during the fire. Now the tank will burn at about 5% of durability per second.
    - Fixed collision-model of tank "Tiger I". Significantly decreased size of turret rotation mechanism.
    - Balance and vehicle tweaks:
    • StuG III, VK1602, SU-76 - decreased tracks repair time.
    • StuG III - added rammer.
    • Grille price increased from 140400 to 147100 credits.
    • BT-7 - increased traverse speed for both suspensions by 4 deg/sec. 7% accuracy increase for the 2nd suspension added.
    • Fixed truck rotation on SU-14.
    • SU-26 – weakened platform rotation mechanism.
    • PzIV – Hummel upgrade cost increased from 34220 to 35400 experience.
    • KV - S-51 upgrade cost decreased from 144730 to 127320 experience.
    • VK3002DB the 2nd suspension upgrade cost decreased by 4000 experience, total VK3002DB - Panther upgrade cost increased by 4000 experience.

Early November: Patch 0.6.X/0.7

v. 0.6 main changes:

- New tree - American tanks. 21 tanks + 4 premium tanks. Also added American tank crews.
    - Removed "teleports" of tanks at great distances when you aim at them.
    - Introduced expanded video settings.
    - Now for the first battle of the day (24h) player will receive double experience.
    - Reworked interface of the platoon creation.
    - Adjusted speed of burning of all tanks during the fire. Now the tank will burn at about 5% of durability per second.
    - Multiple fixes and adjustment to the battle balancer.
    - Fixed several places where tank can get stuck on the maps "Himmesldof", "Prokhorovka", "Lakeville", "Hills".
    - Changed crash models and collisions of some objects.
    - Added destruction of some objects.
    - Tank models optimized for display at long distances.
    - Reduced size of textures of destroyed tanks.
    - Fixed prices (exp and credits) of modules for some tanks.
    -significantly reduced the size of device for traversing the turret.
    - Fixed repair time of tracks for some tanks.
    - Redesign of screens “Barracks”, “Depot”, “Store” to match the general style.
    - Players that are still loading when the game started displayed with the status “connecting”.
    - Now when a new crew generated - there will be no identical faces.
    - When buying expendables it is possible to input number of modules that you want to purchase.
    - Crew members in the hangar and in tank window in the battle are now displayed in the same order.
    - Added voice messages when crewman is damaged.
    - Added button “E” to disengage auto-aim.
    - Fixed wrong display of percentages for wins and losses in some cases.
    - Added the elite-tank marking in the tank list in the hangar.
    - Limit on display of number of medals increased from 99 to 999.
    - Under button “Battle!” added description of the current battle mode.
    - Added new graphic post-effects.
    - Added caching of some sounds in order to decrease “twitching” when driving over destructible objects.

beta v. 0.6.x / 0.7 main changes:

- New tech tree - American tanks. 21 researchable tanks + 4 premium tanks. US tank crews added.
    - From 2 to 4 new maps, including "Cliff" and "Komarin".
    - Removed "teleports" of tanks at great distances when aiming at them.
    - Introduced advanced graphic settings.
    - Now for the first battle of the day (24h) player will receive double experience.
    - Reworked interface of the platoon creation.
    - Multiple fixes and adjustment to match-making system.
    - Team mode added. Form a team of 15 and face the opposing one in battle.Probability of appearance - high.
    - Clan mode. Alpha test version with some basic features available. Probability of appearance - medium.
    - Fixed several places where tank can get stuck on the maps "Himmesldof", "Prokhorovka", "Lakeville", "Hills".
    - Changed crash models and collisions of some objects.
    - Added destruction of some objects.
    - Removed dog squeals when driving over dog booth.
    - Fixed collision-model of tank "Tiger I"
    - Fixed awarding "Steel wall" posthumously
    - Fixed repair time of tracks for some tanks.
    - Redesign of screens “Barracks”, “Depot”, “Store” to match the general style.
    - Fixed minors error with re-training.
    - In the info window of a tank added description of the tank (so far for german and soviet vehicles only).
    - Added voice announcements when crewmen are damaged.
    - In the info window of a tank added description of the crew.
    - Limit on display of number of medals increased from 99 to 999.
    - Under button “Battle!” added description of the current battle mode.
    - Fixed wrong display of percentages for wins and losses in some cases.
    - Added new graphic post-effects. This feature has become possible due to new game engine version.
    - Executable file renamed to WorldOfTanks.exe

Additional Information

1) Maps, More maps are coming and they are looking very nice :) Expect more beyond the 4 previewed here.

2) SPG's, Currently the following is being looked at as for adjustments for SPG's A.) 10% accuracy reduction, i.e. the resperctive shell dispersion increase
    B.) 10-20% repair cost increase for tier 5-6 SPGs Also effects all tanks but SPG's also - decrease of module damage for most of the tanks. The above changes currently are being tested in 0.6.x update.

3) TK/Boting, Systems, They are up and running and cleaning the server as I type this. So far they working well. As they get fine tuned expect these problem players to be dealt with faster and more effectively. Remember sending in screenshot reports is always an added help to ensure improving our gaming community.

4) Clan Wars, More info is coming very soon and be on the look out for large info release coming soon to a forums near you.

5) Soft Wipe/Full Wipe, Currently only a full wipe is planned at release. There may be a chance we will see a soft wipe along with Clan Wars coming online. Currently this is just a possibility nothing set in stone for soft wipes in the future.

6)Server Stability, Hardware improvements are ongoing and we should see another NA sever hardware improvement soon along with continual improvements. This should cover many current issues in this area.

7) EU Server, Probably in Novemeber the EU sever will come back online, This means the NA and EU sever will be up and running :)

8) Game Modes, There are more Game modes in the works Hardcore modes and more, More details to come.

10) Warping/Teleporting Tanks, So far in testing the issue has been corrected and expect to see it in .6 patch along with a game engine upgrade.

11) US tanks, See above if some how you missed it.

12) Platoons, They will remain at 3 players (except the coming 15 man team) until balance issues are sorted out then we might see a increase at a later time.

13) Release date, Currently no official release date, Expect this year tho :)

14) Armor Penetration, There is a reduction to the variable modifier to armor penetration in testing. More info to come as this is fine tuned.

15) Balance System, Improvements are ongoing, Multiple improvements are planned for .6 patch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Managed to work my way up to A PzVI so I don't have to be rushing/scouting all the time. Still gonna hold on to my PzIII though, its a beast and rakes in the credits and experience same can be said for the Leopard light tank.

I've got an all German selection at the moment, I was trying out the BT-7s so I can work my way into the T-34 and T34/85 range but I just couldn't stand how weak the tank was. Same can be said for the T-46 to eventually work my way into the KV/IS ranges.

I tried out the TD roster for the Russians, only got as far as maxing out my AT-1. It's fun but I've been putting a lot of effort to working my way up the German tech tree.

One thing you gotta do though is save up your gold for premium, you rake in the XP and credits as it's 50% extra after every game, I went from taking days to build up 200,000 credits to reaching that level an hour of playing.

Also, when purchasing new tanks always go for the 75% crew training, even if it takes a few more games for the extra credits it'll be worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Managed to work my way up to A PzVI so I don't have to be rushing/scouting all the time. Still gonna hold on to my PzIII though, its a beast and rakes in the credits and experience same can be said for the Leopard light tank.

I've got an all German selection at the moment, I was trying out the BT-7s so I can work my way into the T-34 and T34/85 range but I just couldn't stand how weak the tank was. Same can be said for the T-46 to eventually work my way into the KV/IS ranges.

I tried out the TD roster for the Russians, only got as far as maxing out my AT-1. It's fun but I've been putting a lot of effort to working my way up the German tech tree.

One thing you gotta do though is save up your gold for premium, you rake in the XP and credits as it's 50% extra after every game, I went from taking days to build up 200,000 credits to reaching that level an hour of playing.

Also, when purchasing new tanks always go for the 75% crew training, even if it takes a few more games for the extra credits it'll be worth it in the long run.

Not a bad selection of tanks, however the rusian heavy line seems considerably stronger.

I have an A-20, Jagdpanzer IV, Hummel, and a KV-3.

Nearly have enough XP for my IS, will probably have it tonight if I don't go out!

Crews are maxed on all my vehicles. Definitely go for the 75% training, or if you have some gold saved, the 100%, makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

russian wise i have the bt2, at1 (most fun) and su-18 and su-26

german wise i have the jagdpanzer 1, marder 2 and leichtraktor for lols.

also have the luchs and can sell that for the leopard tonight.

finding the rounds to be crazy mixed sometimes! sometimes my at1 will be against low tier then sometimes i get dumped in against way higer tiers..

new maps are pretty cool though.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    also have the luchs and can sell that for the leopard tonight.

nnoooo keep the Luchs its a class tank for exp point farming and cash, the leopard is mostly always up against top tier tanks, where as the Luchs is usually put into Tiers that you can actually hurt. Just make sure to get your crew up past 80% and you will kick ass in the Luchs

the Luchs imo is the best light tank, I have taken out lots of higher Tier tanks with a fully upgraded one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I disagree, the Leopard wipes the floor with the luchs. More armor, bigger gun, same speed. It doesn't matter that you're going against high tier tanks, you're job isn't to kill them it's to scout. Sure, get a shot into the flank for some damage but head straight for any TDs or SPGs you can take down. You'll find yourself bringing in lots of credits and xp, even if you kill shag all.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I disagree, the Leopard wipes the floor with the luchs. More armor, bigger gun, same speed. It doesn't matter that you're going against high tier tanks, you're job isn't to kill them it's to scout. Sure, get a shot into the flank for some damage but head straight for any TDs or SPGs you can take down. You'll find yourself bringing in lots of credits and xp, even if you kill shag all.

nah you have misunderstood me I mean if you get your Luchs to elite level its very easy to get 3+ killl per game and then convert all that xp to free xp and sometimes when you are entered into a level where you are top tier or even when there are one or two leopards or A20s on the opposing side, I would have no fear whatsoever and I would be very confident of at least 4-6 kills and\or take the flag with a nice juicy XP

I am quite aware of a scouts job, I play with the leopard also but that's a more tactical game sticking with a couple of heavies and spotting there kills for them or sometimes swooping in for the kill

all I am saying that's it very easy to get kills + exp in a fully kitted out Luchs than it is in the leopard

good points lads, me thinks i will buy an additional slot and keep both ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

anyone know how i can get an invite into the beta?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    anyone know how i can get an invite into the beta?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68310834&postcount=32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

thanks man.

have to say im not impressed with the leopard at all, have the engine upgraded and suspension ect but it still feels amazingly slow?

also the rounds seem to be messed up with regards to pairing tiers. i was in my marder ii yesterday fighting against ferdinands..like come on.

and my at2 seems to be paired with the higher tiers now nearly every time.

have to say im not impressed with the leopard at all, have the engine upgraded and suspension ect but it still feels amazingly slow?.

thats because your crew are pretty crap in a new tank, once your crew are up to or past 80% then your tank will be more manoeuvrable and will reach top seed quicker

Auvers wrote: »
    nah you have misunderstood me I mean if you get your Luchs to elite level its very easy to get 3+ killl per game and then convert all that xp to free xp and sometimes when you are entered into a level where you are top tier or even when there are one or two leopards or A20s on the opposing side, I would have no fear whatsoever and I would be very confident of at least 4-6 kills and\or take the flag with a nice juicy XP

I am quite aware of a scouts job, I play with the leopard also but that's a more tactical game sticking with a couple of heavies and spotting there kills for them or sometimes swooping in for the kill

all I am saying that's it very easy to get kills + exp in a fully kitted out Luchs than it is in the leopard

You get more creds and XP by scouting / damaging higher tier tanks. For this reason, a Leo or A20 is a much better point farmer than a Luchs, as you'll be matched with higher tier tanks more often.

You get more creds and XP by scouting / damaging higher tier tanks. For this reason, a Leo or A20 is a much better point farmer than a Luchs, as you'll be matched with higher tier tanks more often.

I just enjoy the Luchs alot more than the Leo it just seems more manoeuvrable and you also get the added bonus of coming up against similar tier tanks that you can run circles around

was playing last night in the Luchs and got 10 kills inc 2x Leos in one round :cool:

I just enjoy the Luchs alot more than the Leo it just seems more manoeuvrable and you also get the added bonus of coming up against similar tier tanks that you can run circles around

was playing last night in the Luchs and got 10 kills inc 2x Leos in one round :cool:

An you probably got about 600XP and 10k creds though.

DOing that in a Leo or A20 (not that it would be possible) would yield about 1200XP and 20-30k creds against higher tier tanks

An you probably got about 600XP and 10k creds though.

DOing that in a Leo or A20 (not that it would be possible) would yield about 1200XP and 20-30k creds against higher tier tanks

not with a premium account :cool:

I mostly get 900-1200 exp on average in the Luchs but in the Leo I might get close to that every 4-5th game

normally in the Leo I will get maybe 1-2 kills if luck is with me and average around 400-800xp per battle with detecting the enemy or taking out some arty

not with a premium account :cool:

I mostly get 900-1200 exp on average in the Luchs but in the Leo I might get close to that every 4-5th game

normally in the Leo I will get maybe 1-2 kills if luck is with me and average around 400-800xp per battle with detecting the enemy or taking out some arty

Well I was assuming premium.

You average 900-1200xp in a luchs??? Screenies or it didn't happen!

You average 900-1200xp in a luchs??? Screenies or it didn't happen!

yep tis true, why would I bullsh1t on a webforum :confused:

if I am up against similar tier tanks (which happens quite regularly) I would be disappointed if I didnt get 4-6 kills and detect 7-8

thats because your crew are pretty crap in a new tank, once your crew are up to or past 80% then your tank will be more manoeuvrable and will reach top seed quicker

ah i always upgrade my gunner in a spg or a td to 75% straight away. whats best crew to upgrade in a scout? driver? commander?

never thought of that, getting extra credits for scouting higher tiers.

the luchs seems to be a bit more fun as i can actually knock out the su26's and other spg's / td's once i get down to them. trying to knock out a ferdinand is zero fun!! and the kv's and kv3's seem way too overpowered for the tier their in, my marder 2 hit a kv3 about 6 times before i killed him

• Advertisement

ah i always upgrade my gunner in a spg or a td to 75% straight away. whats best crew to upgrade in a scout? driver? commander?

get your driver and commander up to 80%+ as quickly as possible, also if you can afford coated optics they will help with detection plus the spall liner helps a lot on a Leo or Luchs

remember the golden rule with scouts DONT EVER STOP

cheers gonna upgrade crew on luchs and leopard tonight and maybe try optics. they cost gold? saving gold so i can get premium with my brother.
    sick of usin skype and saying "3,2,1, click battle"!!!

only time i stop is when i pass by a td or spg and know they wont be able to turn and boom..hehe

fav tanks are at1 when its low tier battles and marder ii im loving lately, now its fully kitted out with good gunner

nope they dont cost gold but they are expensive, but I cant recall how much as I am sitting in work at the mo

I would spend the cash on getting my crew up to 75% first before spending your cash on the optics, I would definalty go for the spall liner on the Leo though as it protects you from splash damage from arty

although IMO the best tank I have played with in the game is the T-34 with good crew and a 57mm gun
    only time i stop is when i pass by a td or spg and know they wont be able to turn and boom..hehe

no dont stop in any LT, just keep auto lock on them and keep circling because when you stop you have to accelerate again and in those moments you become Arty or TD fodder

nope they dont cost gold but they are expensive, but I cant recall how much as I am sitting in work at the mo

I would spend the cash on getting my crew up to 75% first before spending your cash on the optics, I would definalty go for the spall liner on the Leo though as it protects you from splash damage from arty

although IMO the best tank I have played with in the game is the T-34 with good crew and a 57mm gun

no dont stop in any LT, just keep auto lock on them and keep circling because when you stop you have to accelerate again and in those moments you become Arty or TD fodder

Best tank I've used is T-43 with 100mm. Is quick, agile, great armour, and a powerful gun.

The Jagdpanzer IV is pretty good too, and its low repair costs make it a good credit farmer.

Best tank I've used is T-43 with 100mm. Is quick, agile, great armour, and a powerful gun.

trying to work my way up to that, just bought the T-34-85 last night so a long grind until the next tank

trying to work my way up to that, just bought the T-34-85 last night so a long grind until the next tank

Ouch yeah, the grind gets very long the further up you go.

Whats everyones in game name?

Might be nice for the Irish players to have a list so we can search and add each other in game / form platoons etc.

**Started a thread:

World of Tanks Gamer Profile Thread

good advice there, dont wanna end up td fodder!

im in work so cant check but can anyone tell me how much gold it costs for a weeks premium?

cheers

rob

good advice there, dont wanna end up td fodder!

im in work so cant check but can anyone tell me how much gold it costs for a weeks premium?

cheers

rob

1250 iirc

gracias

• Advertisement

just wondering what sort of pings are ye getting at the moment?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement