Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

With the new mediums, trcers are fairly redundant. Our T54 spotted them all and we won quite easily.
    How many CW battles have got a medium in the enemy area before the 10 min mark (that were not complete walk overs)? How many PUG games?

The point being with tracers arty has to concentrate no enemy arty and moving around more; it will ween out a lot of arty players who're used to sitting in one spot until blown up in the back line and make playing an arty more interesting again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

counter arty was never that effective when tracers were on anyway ,(mostly arty players only did it when no T9/10 heavies were spotted .

Dub welcome to my world of 2-3 min waits per round and 6 arty each side when you finally get one , lets hope devs sort matchmaking out for T8 arty soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

I seen this a while back and considered taking a go at it but left it due to time constraints, I might take a go at it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

only had time for a few games last night as i had a football match, but i had my best first game of day run since i started.

only played each tank till i won a game to get my double xp

is3 - 3400 xp
    isu-152 3200 xp
    t20 - 3250 xp
    s51 - 2400 xp

rarely all my tanks get a good game for the first win of day..

and i actually had a really enjoyable game with the s51, i was last arty alive and got to kill their 3 remaining arty, aswell as a is4 and a ferdi.
    think i just needed a good game of it to start enjoying it.. is4 took about 3 shots though. tracked two tanks with the one shot, that was fun too..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ESL team guys please get on line

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Could i get an invite please to join you guys please? In-game name is TonMachine. Thanks :)

got the is4 the other day.. my christ it sucks stock.

king tigers penetrating every side of it, while i bounce off the thing.

why the fook did they not let it equip the bl09 straight away, its a tier 9 tank ffs!!

Yep, its a pile of crap stock.

Even the BL9 is a piece of crap tbh. One of the worst Tier 8 guns, never mind equipping a tier 9 with it.

Its accuracy is atrocious, it bounces way too often, and is overall just way too unpredictable.

S70 is a fair bit better.

When you get the tracks turret and S70, the IS4 suddenly becomes more than useful :)

i honestly feel tempted to park it up till they update the russian tree and make it a t10.

going from the bl10 of my isu to that piece of sh1te is turning me off the game.

Ah don't. Fully upgraded its even Clan Wars capable.

The second turret is practically inpenetrable from the front or sides, and I can do 600hp damage to a maus from the sides with the s70.

It is a bit soft in the front, but has 160mm side armour so you bounce quite a bit.

Tracks and engine actually make it fairly mobile too. I quite like it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Might be an idea to go back to the is3 and use that to get the bl9? You'll get ranked in lower tier battles and have an easier time of things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i honestly feel tempted to park it up till they update the russian tree and make it a t10.

going from the bl10 of my isu to that piece of sh1te is turning me off the game.
    That's not going to happen until at least February though...

zil wrote: »
    Might be an idea to go back to the is3 and use that to get the bl9? You'll get ranked in lower tier battles and have an easier time of things.

using free xp? i have te lowe for that. if i buy gold tonight i have enough free xp to upgrade the suspension, so i can equip the bl09.. might just do that.

yeh, overlord said it could be early 2012 alright.

maybe with bl09 sorted ill start to enjoy it.

Try to platoon up Copey; no matter how poorly you do in a game a win gives you 600+ exp and with a platoon you reduce the "Hi I'm a moron who can't play" factor by having 2 people to help your team win ;)

copeyhagen wrote: »
    using free xp? i have te lowe for that. if i buy gold tonight i have enough free xp to upgrade the suspension, so i can equip the bl09.. might just do that.

yeh, overlord said it could be early 2012 alright.

maybe with bl09 sorted ill start to enjoy it.

really no point in the IS4 with the stock gun. How did you play the IS3 without the BL9????

Though it might seem to take a little longer, here's my Pro Tip for the day - elite your current tank before researching the next one (or at the very least, make sure you research the modules usable on the next tank)

Basically means you'll NEVER have to drive a stock tank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

really no point in the IS4 with the stock gun. How did you play the IS3 without the BL9????

Though it might seem to take a little longer, here's my Pro Tip for the day - elite your current tank before researching the next one (or at the very least, make sure you research the modules usable on the next tank)

Basically means you'll NEVER have to drive a stock tank :)

As long as you do not have to elite a KV, it takes fecking ages :mad:

BX 19 wrote: »

No interest in the S-51.

I got everything else on the KV though, which satisfies my point above :)

BX 19 wrote: »
    <== Has an elite KV :p

Then again I got more games on my IS-4 then my KV at this stage (followed by my Obj. 206)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

got the is4 the other day.. my christ it sucks stock.

king tigers penetrating every side of it, while i bounce off the thing.

why the fook did they not let it equip the bl09 straight away, its a tier 9 tank ffs!!

A lot of tanks such when stock. Have you tried 3001(P)? Stick with it. IS4 is probably the nastiest opponent out there.

And if you think the stock gun's bad, try the T34 grind. The same 105mm as on the tank two tiers below it, and 110k XP required to get the 120mm

NTM

i agree, most tanks suck when stock, but its more apparent when your the top tank in your team, rockin a kv3 gun!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Keep grinding free exp and dont drive stock tanks.

I just got my Patton and only thing that needed upgrading is the crew which were 90% and now got them to 95%.

I've a T34 which is really crap as stock...really bad.

ok, i used gold to transfer free xp and upgraded suspension, and the bl09 has helped me start shredding tanks up in my is4.

cant wait to get my turret and big gun.

seems every game i get 1 award at least, mostly sniper and steel wall.

have the pershing unlocked, just need the 2mil credits for it.

best gun in the game for me so far? bl10 on the isu, will 2 shot every tank in the game up untill maus, e100, is7, t30.. havent had enough practice on the t10s to judge its effectiveness.. awsome awsome gun

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Operation Avalanche start tomorrow 9th at 5.30am until the 12th 5.00am.

5x XP for first winning battle.
    Crew training rates doubled.
    50% discount on garage slots.

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/operation-avalanche-special

remember, dont play any battles after 1am until 5.30am tonight or you risk winning a battle and only getting 2x rather than 5x for you're win.

Operation Avalanche start tomorrow 9th at 5.30am until the 12th 5.00am.

5x XP for first winning battle.
    Crew training rates doubled.
    50% discount on garage slots.

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/operation-avalanche-special

remember, dont play any battles after 1am until 5.30am tonight or you risk winning a battle and only getting 2x rather than 5x for you're win.
    I can confirm that one :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Here's a code if someone wants to create a new account :)

WME-996-PZC-693

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

noob question but do you have to buy the magnified gun sight for the half million. I find the movement to jerky to aim correctly unless they come into line of fire?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    noob question but do you have to buy the magnified gun sight for the half million. I find the movement to jerky to aim correctly unless they come into line of fire?

I don't know what you mean by the. Do you mean coated optics or binocular telescope?

IF the movement goes 'jerky' when in sniper mode, its because of performance issues (your computer)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

was looking at a youtube video and the guy was able to switch to a close up of the target. is that just for the higher tier tanks or is there a control I'm missing?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    was looking at a youtube video and the guy was able to switch to a close up of the target. is that just for the higher tier tanks or is there a control I'm missing?

lol

Use the scroll wheel, or press shift

Its helps to read the controls :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement