Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

When they eventually implement it, yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

well done last night lads on taking Corsica :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

wtf ???

Clan Wars: Corsica, landing, battle with owner

23/09/2011 20:42:42
    [POP] Panssariosasto Pelit vs. [B-IE] Boards-ie
    Technical Victory!

Did no one think that this was worth mentioning? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just so everyone knows that I'm not disappearing, but my work schedule means I can't make clan matches for the next two weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

anyone have any issues with the game slowing their machine down. I have times where I have to click the fire button twice to make sure it works. Is there any cache that builds up that can be cleared. might be another problem but its the only new prog on the machine recently.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    anyone have any issues with the game slowing their machine down. I have times where I have to click the fire button twice to make sure it works. Is there any cache that builds up that can be cleared. might be another problem but its the only new prog on the machine recently.

sure its not lag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

silverharp wrote: »

Ive been having slow down issues over the past few days but when I clean my cache it seems to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

seems to be better now, I close down skype and the rest, and issue seems to have gone away.

now next problem, I play on a laptop without mouse so after acouple of weeks figured out that pg down gives you X magnification, it has suddenly stopped working.I'm sure the laptop is fine, tried rebooting. Anyone have this issue? seems to be the one control that you cant reassign to a different key.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So, looking to the future...

If you check the German full tree:

http://statcdn.worldoftanks.eu/comeu_v2_110412_release/uploads/germany_tree_full%28eng%29.jpg

you'll see the addition of the Dicker Max and the Sturer Emil.

I suspect these will be a source of great unhappiness.

The Dicker Max is a tier 5, but has a 105mm Kanone 18.

..%5Csi%5CProductFiles%5Ctsm348.jpg

The Sturer Emil is a VK3001H hull, but has a 128mm L61, the same as the top gun on a Jagdtiger.

sel128.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

dicker max:

A report of 26 July 1941 commented on the vehicle: "This Sfl. (self-propelled vehicle) is not sufficiently maneuverable for employment in a Vorausabteilung (lead unit). The limited traverse makes it necessary to turn the entire vehicle to aim at targets. This takes considerable time when done repeatedly, especially off-road because of the heavy vehicle and weak engine. In addition, because of its armor layout - only thick in the front and 50 mm lower in the back - it was built for frontal use. The vehicle can be shot into from the side and rear. Employment in a Vorausabteilung requires the ability to quickly engage targets in every direction."[citation needed]

"The gun has proven itself capable of supporting an infantry attack from an open firing position by direct fire as in the Szczarar crossing. It is not possible to observe our own shots because of large dust clouds raised in front of the gun. The Sfl. must alternatively observe each other's fire or an observation post must be established off to one side, manned by a Richtkreis-Uffiz. (gunner) familiar with the crew. Because of its size, lack of mobility, and large dust cloud raised when firing, in the future the Sfl. will only shoot Sprenggranaten (HE) by indirect fire."

"Up to now, the Sfl. has been employed in its specialized tasks - engaging concrete bunkers by direct fire and engaging heavy tanks in coordination with other Panzerabwehrwaffen (anti-tank weapons). Its high penetration ability appears to be suitable for this."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I played the beta last year for about 2 weeks. Im just wondering if its worth giving another go since its out of beta?

The main thing that annoyed me was tanks suddenly appearing, I think it was to do with tanks only being able to view a certain distance, or perhaps it was a bug. Is this feature still in the game?

Also did arty get nerfed, as in, is it possible to leave the starting position without getting nailed?

Krieg wrote: »
    I played the beta last year for about 2 weeks. Im just wondering if its worth giving another go since its out of beta?

The main thing that annoyed me was tanks suddenly appearing, I think it was to do with tanks only being able to view a certain distance, or perhaps it was a bug. Is this feature still in the game?

Also did arty get nerfed, as in, is it possible to leave the starting position without getting nailed?

Spotting is a game mechanic, and it was since improved a good bit, but still a bit flaky every now and then.

Arty is still as overpowered as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Starting into this.

If any other noobs playing tier 3 wanna game gimme a shout.

got the s70 gun for the is4 last night, decent upgrade.
    unlocked my object 704, need 1.5 mill creds for it though!
    grinding towards my patton now aswell.
    should have a hummel soon

and if i can stomach the s51 i should upgrade that soon.

took a bit of a break for a week or 2, lovin the game even more now

Spear wrote: »
    Spotting is a game mechanic, and it was since improved a good bit, but still a bit flaky every now and then.

Arty is still as overpowered as ever.

Arty is far from overpowered. If you know arty, you know where arty can't get you. Doesn't mean that you still won't get whacked sometimes.
    copeyhagen wrote: »

S70 is a world of a difference. Its penetration isn't great (despite what its stats say), but taking 600hp from the side of an E100 turret feels nice :)

Its not great for a tier 10 gun, but is fairly good for IS4.

yeh true, the bl09 was doin on average about 400 damage to t9 and over.

the s70 feels like its doing about 450 avergae, but deffo has better chance of destroying modules, setting sh1t on fire thanks to the extra pen.

yeh true, the bl09 was doin on average about 400 damage to t9 and over.

the s70 feels like its doing about 450 avergae, but deffo has better chance of destroying modules, setting sh1t on fire thanks to the extra pen.

You aure the BL9 was doing that much?

The S70 should be doing about 500 for most things you hit. You'll one shot most 650hp tanks or thereabouts, and a good penetrating shot will be 600hp+

yeh deffo, im using the scrolling hit text addon, 390ish to 420ish maybe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The 704 is lovely and makes a surprising amount of money (being a T9) for a relatively cheap repair. Only problem is the reload time and angles as always (much hate for medium tanks :P )

We have land once again.

• Advertisement

nice one, wasnt around. had training

5x xp for first win this weekend is it?

5x xp for first win this weekend is it?

yep

here is the full list

The stated tanks are half price and earn double credits:
    PzKpfw 38 nA
    PzKpfw IV
    PzKpfw VI Tiger (P)
    VK 3001 (P)
    T-28
    KV
    KV-3
    IS

The following premium tanks are also half off:
    PzKpfw B2 740
    Matilda

5x XP for the first victory each day (on each of your tanks)
    Enlarging barracks are half off (150 gold)
    100% crew training is half off (100 gold per member)
    Retraining crew to 100% primary skill will be half off (100 gold)
    Training a crew bought with a tanks to 100% also half off (100 gold)

done pretty well with the 5x xp, almost have enough creds for my object 704.
    got the big gun on the s51, didnt get much of a chance to use it though, got himmelsdorf 5 times in a row yesterday :( ... serious damage from gun though. reload time is ridiculous, 1.4 shots per minute

also got the grille and fully upgraded it, great little arty!

Did brutal with the 5x XP all weekend. Didn;t even to get most of it yesterday (though in fairness its all just going to free xp).

I did finally manage to unlock my IS7 without using free XP, and finally bought the big gun for my t95.

Need to earn creds now to buy IS7.

Then I suppose time to grind a german t10.

GW Type E, T95, and soon IS7. Think I'm pretty much sorted for the time being :)

Might even go for T54 maybe. Sold my T-50-2. Pointless little tank, though fun to drive.

As a result of the weekend, I now have a new and fully upgraded T-20, a new and mostly upgraded Panther, and a new and fully upgraded M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Did some great rounds on the x5 (eg 9990xp & 120k with Lowe),got the E75 with 88mm lol

Gonna get the E100 for CW options & stop at that ,

BTW Dub get the T54 if you can , best tank in the game I think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I ended up grinding around 130k exp on my Tigers (Tiger1, Tiger1(P) and Tiger2) due to this weekend along with around 3.5 Mil credits to buy all stuff I needed for the tanks. Now I need to start grinding up to buy the E75 and VK4502A.

Funnily enough I think I still has as much free exp to convert if not more as before the weekend (and I blew 90k exp to upgrade the Tigers to have better guns).

What we did tonight:

shot_122.jpg
    shot_123.jpg
    shot_124.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

And how exactly did you do that ?

4 E-100s?
    5 IS-7s
    2 MAUS ?

lol

This discussion has been closed.