Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ponster wrote: »
    And how exactly did you do that ?

4 E-100s?
    5 IS-7s
    2 MAUS ?

lol
    Clan War.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nody wrote: »
    Clan War.

With 2 IS-7s and a MAUS? They must have been really really bad :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

With 2 IS-7s and a MAUS? They must have been really really bad :)
    I see 5 IS-7s, 2 Maus, 4 E100s etc. on the team.

I see 5 IS-7s, 2 Maus, 4 E100s etc. on the team.

I meant on our team :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I meant on our team :)

They rushed, sending the 5 IS7's down over the island along the water. They took enfilading fire from me and the arty all along. They were stopped at the bottleneck and held by our two T30's. With them gone that left the slower E100's/Maus's in the water and the hill which were reluctant to push after the IS7's were sluaghtered, and we could then just pick them off.

• Advertisement

Isn't that usually our plan also (rush the river with IS-7s)? Were we lucky that they're arty didn't also destroy our IS-7s or is there something more to be learnt here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Isn't that usually our plan also (rush the river with IS-7s)? Were we lucky that they're arty didn't also destroy our IS-7s or is there something more to be learnt here?

You're thinking of El Halluf perhaps, this was on Mines.

Spear wrote: »
    You're thinking of El Halluf perhaps, this was on Mines.

An IS7 rush in the water/island on Mines? Ah they deserve to lose :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

lol indeed they did!

i have officilaly fallen in love with my s51, big gun took a bit of getting used to. got city maps for first about 10 games no lie. but its a monster now...

grinding for my little hummel too, think the german > russian?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i have officilaly fallen in love with my s51, big gun took a bit of getting used to. got city maps for first about 10 games no lie. but its a monster now...

I hate it. When I play the JT I have to change my entire style of playing as it can one-shot me and the S51 seems to be able to move around pretty well compared to other arty.

• Advertisement

lol indeed they did!

grinding for my little hummel too, think the german > russian?
    Nah, Russian > German for two reasons.

1) No bugged Russian arty (German has one or two bugged arties and at least to me appear to be spotted earlier then US/Russian arties)
    2) 261 is the fastest shooting arty at T8, US is best splash and Type E is only in the middle on obth :P (seriously though the T8 are all about the same).

And being Russian by WoT board understandings it can never get nerfed being Russian :P
    I hate it. When I play the JT I have to change my entire style of playing as it can one-shot me and the S51 seems to be able to move around pretty well compared to other arty.
    It is a very fast arty for moving around yes (with a gun that is one tier above it as well) :)

is the reload rates for all t6 and over arty around the 1.4 shots pm?

the gwp seems to get rounds off a hell of a lot quicker.

my little grille is class, havin fun with that.

is the reload rates for all t6 and over arty around the 1.4 shots pm?

the gwp seems to get rounds off a hell of a lot quicker.

my little grille is class, havin fun with that.
    The 203 on the S-51 is the slowest (36s or so reload); but it got the advantage of alpha instead (i.e. you can one shot an IS-7), it drops down by another 5s on the 206 and then the 261 takes it down to 25s.

thats not bad at all...

what modules suit arty best? atm i only have the camo net, crew is late 90s.

have 3.4million creds in bank but i need them for object 704, so wont be buying the modules yet for the s51, but im an arty noob so not sure what modules suit them.

cheers

Rammer, camo net and ventilators would be standard but I know on the T8 at least you can't do ventilators (can't recall on the lower once). I'll need to check later to come back to you what I've got on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Rammer, camo net and ventilators would be standard but I know on the T8 at least you can't do ventilators (can't recall on the lower once). I'll need to check later to come back to you what I've got on it.

I would have though enhanced gun laying drive would be pretty important to have for arty?

zil wrote: »
    I would have though enhanced gun laying drive would be pretty important to have for arty?
    I'm still in doubt if it works or not but yea, that's my third mod :)

cheers lads.

had a horrible few games yesterday, played about 6 games between is4, m26, s51 and even though i personally was doing great, every single game was a loss. knocked it off for a few hours to cool down!!, came back, first game with is4 and m26 we slaughtered them. had to go bed.

there can be some amount of rtard players in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

cheers lads.

had a horrible few games yesterday, played about 6 games between is4, m26, s51 and even though i personally was doing great, every single game was a loss. knocked it off for a few hours to cool down!!, came back, first game with is4 and m26 we slaughtered them. had to go bed.

there can be some amount of rtard players in the game.

Just had a guy there that rushed at the enemy and was killed in seconds. He then starts giving out becase his (noob) team wouldnt help him lol. He then started going around and giving out the positions of our arty lol :confused:

Just had a guy there that rushed at the enemy and was killed in seconds. He then starts giving out becase his (noob) team wouldnt help him lol. He then started going around and giving out the positions of our arty lol :confused:

That's a reportable offence, if you've got screenshots report him.

• Advertisement

have seen people doing that before, giving away positions.

had a game last night, our t10 e100 just rushed straight across the map, their arty killed him in about 5 seconds.. was ridiculous

have seen people doing that before, giving away positions.

had a game last night, our t10 e100 just rushed straight across the map, their arty killed him in about 5 seconds.. was ridiculous
    Better then having a Maus(!) camping behind all tanks in a bush...

lol!!

but it could be a case where the users 10yr old son is playing for the first time or something..

watching my 8 year old nephew playing arty in beta was gas, td mode all the way!!!

obj 704 is a beast.
    had to use free xp to unlock suspension straight away, as i wasnt going back from the bl10 to 152mm.

tank is a monster, finally a td that can bounce a shot. while inflicting 8-900 damage on every tank in game. although still managing to bounce off random tanks like a pz iv!!

next up is patton
    then t7 russian arty and hummel
    should have enough xp to unlock my is7 by then too, though i dont plan on buying it.. see if its given back as free xp after russian tree update next year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

obj 704 is a beast.
    had to use free xp to unlock suspension straight away, as i wasnt going back from the bl10 to 152mm.

tank is a monster, finally a td that can bounce a shot. while inflicting 8-900 damage on every tank in game. although still managing to bounce off random tanks like a pz iv!!

next up is patton
    then t7 russian arty and hummel
    should have enough xp to unlock my is7 by then too, though i dont plan on buying it.. see if its given back as free xp after russian tree update next year

The big gun on my T95 is exactly the same. 1 shot a KV-1S, take 900HP from a maus / e100 - then bounce from a PvIV lol

IS7 wont be given back as anything, as its not changing. its remaining a t10 heavy, so you may as well buy it.

Keep your IS4 though - it will be moving to a different line in the tree as a t10 heavy (similar to how they split the german heavy's into 2 lines)

similar gun alright.

wat i meant with the is7 was, if its 160k xp to unlock it, and i have enough xp to unlock it, but dont. when my is4 goes t10, will they give the 160k xp back as free xp.

similar gun alright.

wat i meant with the is7 was, if its 160k xp to unlock it, and i have enough xp to unlock it, but dont. when my is4 goes t10, will they give the 160k xp back as free xp.

No, you'd have the 160k on your IS4......(as you havent used it for anything).

You'd then need to convert it using gold.

Just unlock the IS7 - there's absolutely no point keeping the XP on the IS4.

And then when you buy it, and the patch comes, you'll have 2 tier 10 heavy's :)

similar gun alright.

Nope, the 160k exp will be available on your IS-4 replacement instead (which is fully upgraded if your IS-4 is fully upgraded as a FYI) doing sod all except requiring gold to convert it if you want free exp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Better then having a Maus(!) camping behind all tanks in a bush...

The mad charges can work.

The US heavies are great for getting across the Field of Instant Death in Malinovka. Just keep on the edge of the plain near where the water is, the slight dip protects your hull and judicious control of the turret will deflect the shots. Get to the other side, and illuminate away for your buddies.

Two days ago I took a Maus right up the middle in Prokhorovka after waiting about three minutes. Of course, since nobody ever sends a heavy up the middle on that map, nobody ever bothers putting any firepower against that route of advance. Nailed their artillery, and suddenly their forces on the road had a Maus behind them, and the 'normal' enemy to their front. That didn't end well for them.

NTM

• Advertisement

The mad charges can work.

The US heavies are great for getting across the Field of Instant Death in Malinovka. Just keep on the edge of the plain near where the water is, the slight dip protects your hull and judicious control of the turret will deflect the shots. Get to the other side, and illuminate away for your buddies.

Two days ago I took a Maus right up the middle in Prokhorovka after waiting about three minutes. Of course, since nobody ever sends a heavy up the middle on that map, nobody ever bothers putting any firepower against that route of advance. Nailed their artillery, and suddenly their forces on the road had a Maus behind them, and the 'normal' enemy to their front. That didn't end well for them.

NTM

My T-50 is EXCELLENT for that scouting role on Malinovka. Sold the 50-2 as its just a waste of money. the T-50 is almost as good, but only 1/5th to repair, so always get a profit with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement