Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My T-50 is EXCELLENT for that scouting role on Malinovka. Sold the 50-2 as its just a waste of money. the T-50 is almost as good, but only 1/5th to repair, so always get a profit with it.
    We had OM use a T50-2 for scouting on Mines against us (no mediums, 12 heavy, 2 arty) in the land battle last night, it was up on the hill and back down again before our mediums could kill it (was a fun view on the minimap seeing it zoom around the small hill up there with a meduim chasing it).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nody wrote: »
    We had OM use a T50-2 for scouting on Mines against us (no mediums, 12 heavy, 2 arty) in the land battle last night, it was up on the hill and back down again before our mediums could kill it (was a fun view on the minimap seeing it zoom around the small hill up there with a meduim chasing it).

It popped like a balloon when I shot it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    It popped like a balloon when I shot it though.

They are soft. They're not really worth it TBH. This is where I feel the T-50 can perform the exact role, but doesn't cost as much in repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

dyin to egt a nice light scout now, whats quickest, easiest to get? non premium?

has overlord or anyone explained what the differences between the two tier10 russian heavies will be, will one be a damae dealer? will one be more of a heavy medium?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    dyin to egt a nice light scout now, whats quickest, easiest to get? non premium?

has overlord or anyone explained what the differences between the two tier10 russian heavies will be, will one be a damae dealer? will one be more of a heavy medium?
    Nothing is said but looking at German split I'd guess IS-7 is damage dealer/fast and IS-4 will be the tanky (talked about a 120mm gun).

• Advertisement

IS7 will stay as is I'd be more than certain of that.

IS4 will get upgraded armour (slightly) a large HP increase and a damage dealing gun - BL10 maybe?

For a nice non-premium light scout, I'd say T-50 or M5 :)

(if you don't want one of the new T5 scouts - they cost too much to run, though are fun)

interesting. the bl10 would make it a monster tbh!

ill go t50 or m5 so.

heres another Q, when i bought my obj704 i moved my crew from isu over, but never retrained them. so theyre 100% is red, they have 100% cammo and 84% repair. i have only played a handful of games, but accuracy etc is perfect. whats the point in retraining the crew to 90%?

does their special abilities still go up even if theyre not retrained for tank?

WoT Wiki wrote:
    A penalty to Primary Specializations can be applied as well, should a crewman operate a vehicle from his own country that he is not trained for (his tank will be in red).

If a crew member is in a vehicle of the same class (but not in their own vehicle), they will take a 25% penalty to their current skill level. So for example, an 80% crew will perform at 60%, while a 100% crew will perform at 75%.
    If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different class, they will take a 50% penalty to their current skill level. Similarly to the above example, an 80% crew will perform at 40%, while a 100% crew will perform at 50%.
    Experience gain for each crew member is also reduced, with the exception of crews placed into premium tanks of the same class.
    More information can be found here.

thanks nody, might aswell pay the 100k credits

tumbleweed.jpg

• Advertisement

tumbleweed.jpg
    We're all busy ranting on the WoT forums about the CW tank freeze :D

Anyone doing the Tier 4 tourny?

Debating what tank to use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Anyone doing the Tier 4 tourny?

Debating what tank to use...

Was thinking of entering that. All I got is a M3 Lee lol

Was thinking of entering that. All I got is a M3 Lee lol

Best gun out of all the Tier 4's. Used right the M3 Lee is probably the best (though MANY will disagree lol).

Use it like a TD and its actually very effective.

I only have a T-50 at the moment, crap gun but very manouverable. The Leopard might not be a bad bet, or even the M5 Stuart isn't bad either. I reckon its all about the gun though as the Tier 4's are all fairly lightly armoured.

I might go Panzer III. Decent armour, decent gun, and good manouverability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Best gun out of all the Tier 4's. Used right the M3 Lee is probably the best (though MANY will disagree lol).

Use it like a TD and its actually very effective.

I only have a T-50 at the moment, crap gun but very manouverable. The Leopard might not be a bad bet, or even the M5 Stuart isn't bad either. I reckon its all about the gun though as the Tier 4's are all fairly lightly armoured.

I might go Panzer III. Decent armour, decent gun, and good manouverability.

Yea the Panzer would be a good option. Thing about the M3 is a 1v1 battle like this tournament is the turning speed is woeful. If your unlucky to have the person come around your back your gone. I hate it tbh but need it to move on to a heavy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

M41-> M12, good move or not? I've had good times with the M41 (arty) nice cash cow too. Looked up a couple of threads on the M41 and there seemed to be a bit of dislike for the vehicle. Anyone have an opinon here? I dont mind if the tank is slow once the rate of fire is not too slow and is as accurate as the others out there.
    I dont have any other arty vehicle so it would take a whle to go down one of the other routes.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

silverharp wrote: »
    M41-> M12, good move or not? I've had good times with the M41 (arty) nice cash cow too. Looked up a couple of threads on the M41 and there seemed to be a bit of dislike for the vehicle. Anyone have an opinon here? I dont mind if the tank is slow once the rate of fire is not too slow and is as accurate as the others out there.
    I dont have any other arty vehicle so it would take a whle to go down one of the other routes.

M12 is a very long grind. It's not as much fun as M41, but it's not exactly unpleasant, you just don't get the impression that you're getting anywhere. I gave up and did about a third of it on free XP. (I'm now on a near interminable grind on M43).

Two things.

1) Can we get this moved to the WoT subforum, as the 'random thread for things which doesn't require a new thread be created'?

2) I don't know if you guys have copped it yet, but the NA forum and the EU forum are not identical. The NA office is better staffed, and they have additional thread categories and responses from the devs in Minsk which are not copied onto the EU forum. It might be worth a look. forum.worldoftanks.com

NTM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Two things.

1) Can we get this moved to the WoT subforum, as the 'random thread for things which doesn't require a new thread be created'?

2) I don't know if you guys have copped it yet, but the NA forum and the EU forum are not identical. The NA office is better staffed, and they have additional thread categories and responses from the devs in Minsk which are not copied onto the EU forum. It might be worth a look. forum.worldoftanks.com

NTM

They're still building up a new EU office (Paris based I think it was), rather than run everything for Belarus.

Correct. They have had a small office in Berlin for a while, but the Paris office is just getting up to speed. They're a fair way behind the North American (Emeryville, CA) office which opened its doors back in June.

NTM

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement