Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

arrghh no soft wipe this year :(

"Due to processing complexity there will be no soft wipe prior to this major event (ie not soft wipe this year)."

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/20462-server-split-up-procedure/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Gah, I was looking forward to getting a quick IS or maybe even a KT to try out but in a way I'm glad it didn't happen, it'd just be top tier vehicles all over the place.

500 Gold per day over christmas :)

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/holiday_gifts_world_tanks

Christmas and New Year holidays are nearing. World of Tanks Developers Team decided to make a gift to the players. And we are glad to announce the launch of the Special Holiday Campaign - from December 20, 2010 till January 2, 2011 all the players will be given 500 gold daily (and it doesn’t matter if you played a battle or not). In addition to the increased daily gold giveaway, some other pleasant surprises are also possible.

Enjoy World of Tanks during your Holidays!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Oooh, goody. I have a lot of free exp waiting to be converted, for lack of gold.

What premium tank shall I get, now...?

NTM

Very nice bonus alright. I'll update my premium for the next 2 months t hen use the rest for cash when I need it. Currently slugging through a Tiger to get to a KT so I'll be swimming in cash for a long time unti I reach the XP. I've got my Hummel the other night too and I'm not doing any TD's atm. I'll probaby buy a KV and grind up to the IS series in tanks and see how that goes.

Manic: I wouldn't go for any premium tanks, they're muck in every way compared to their equals in tier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Just gonna pimp out the tiger, not really intrested in climbing any higher.

When this game goes live and it has the hard wipe, i really cant c myself grinding all this again. It would be near impossable without the free gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

this game has failed before its even been released.

they have a hugecore of players that have been playing beta for months, a lot of whom will not be eager to start the whole chain of grinding over again.

why dont they just release the dam thing, its been out in russia for months like.

at the moment im cruisin around in my kv (most fun imo), kv3, stug iii, tiger, and few other lowbies.

the german tech tree is so inferior to the russians.

the kv3 is a much better tank than the tiger and its a tier lower, all its missing is the extra 450 hp. the tiger, untill u get the final gun is an absolute joke. bouncing shots at point blank off a kv. hate it.

deffo stearing clear of the german tanks if i play the game upon release.

russian developers = russian superiority in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Be thankful its not Irish devs...

"Fcuk your Tiger two , I've got a horse outside..."

brilliant!

• Advertisement

some nice changes, had a quick game tonight and seen a few of the new tanks.

still pissed off at how **** my tiger is, poo cannon on it.

500 gold a day is nice too.

would have loved a soft wipe...

off to pub now, deffo gonna play a bit over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

New patch is nice, first game with JagdPanther I got 7 kills, first game with kv-3 I got 8 kills, I'm guessing this is down to the balance system which seems to be fixed letting me get into fights with smaller stuff instead of being at the bottom rung all the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So it's time to start playing this. I've got some 14k in gold so I can to pretty much any tank I want. Is it worth starting off with the crappy tier 1's despite this? Or should I just go straight to something more profitable?

Spear wrote: »
    So it's time to start playing this. I've got some 14k in gold so I can to pretty much any tank I want. Is it worth starting off with the crappy tier 1's despite this? Or should I just go straight to something more profitable?

you need xp man cant just buy any tank

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

you need xp man cant just buy any tank

What's the conversion logic between gold and XP then?

What's the conversion logic between gold and XP then?

There is no conversion between gold and XP.

However, you can use gold to convert XP on an elite tank to FREE XP; usable on any tank.

Gold cannot be directly converted to XP. XP needs to be earned.

There is no conversion between gold and XP.

However, you can use gold to convert XP on an elite tank to FREE XP; usable on any tank.

Gold cannot be directly converted to XP. XP needs to be earned.

Damn. I had hoped to avoid grinding with cans like the Leichtraktor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The day will come when you're bored of your Tiger II and dream of a little spin around in the 'traktor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The only fun I find in the game now is to jump into a BT-7, blitz the enemy line and see how long I last before being popped.

The only fun I find in the game now is to jump into a BT-7, blitz the enemy line and see how long I last before being popped.

I played over 20+ games with the BT-7 and killed nothing at all. Pure scout vehicle and I hated it so damn much.

I've found a nice middle ground with my Tiger, not too much of a shell magnet, can take decent damage and can dish it out to the high tiers easily enough. Only downside is trying to get any major profit credit wise.

• Advertisement

Clan registration is now open if someone responsible wants to do the honours for a boards.ie clan.

Clan registration is now open if someone responsible wants to do the honours for a boards.ie clan.

Did it last night I think. I'll check.

BTW, need a total strength of at least "70" before the clan is allowed to take part in a battle.

Ponster wrote: »
    Did it last night I think. I'll check.

BTW, need a total strength of at least "70" before the clan is allowed to take part in a battle.

Ahh, clans. Thought you meant companies...sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Is there still any beta keys for this floating about :o

Stev_o wrote: »
    Is there still any beta keys for this floating about :o

Here I think :

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EL WOG

i am looking to join a platoon, is there a boards one or should we start one?

Ponster wrote: »

Ha just got the code and go to check my email for it and what happens? I get a email telling me im in the closed beta a hour earlier :p

EL WOG wrote: »
    i am looking to join a platoon, is there a boards one or should we start one?

A platoon is something that you can only create once you are online with other players and is limited to 3 players. It allows for you and 2 of your friends for example to play on the same server. 1 player out of the 3 needs to have a Premium account in order to create the platoon (in the beta everyone should have a premium account.)

Tank companies are almost the same thing as platoons but you can have up to 15 players. There is though a minimum number allowed in a company. The over all strength must be between 70 and 90 tier points (i.e. the sum of tank levels in a team). This means that you may have to wait until you have 10 tier7 tanks in your company which won't be possible if you just want Boards.ie players are there rarely seems to be more than 4 of online at any one time.*

Platoons are 'destroyed' once the person who created them logs off (afaik) while companies remain open.

Does anyone know of any builds to look at for people just starting off?

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any builds to look at for people just starting off?

Just try all of the Tier 1s and see what you like, choosing between tanks, TDs and arty.

It doesn't take long to get to Tier 3 so should you change your mind about something it won't be time wasted as such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement