Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

kind of burned out with this at the moment, havent really played over xmas at all, just find it pointless when theyre presumably gonna release the game soon enough and kick everyone back to square one.

I think ill just wait till they release it and have the odd game till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

copeyhagen wrote: »
    kind of burned out with this at the moment, havent really played over xmas at all, just find it pointless when theyre presumably gonna release the game soon enough and kick everyone back to square one.

I think ill just wait till they release it and have the odd game till then.

Agreed. The idea is workable but unless something dramatic is done I can't see the game having any sort of longevity. There's not enough tangible difference between any of the classes bar arty and only slightly at that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I think its a bit soon for a full release with the spotting system still not working correctly, good news about the EU servers going online this week though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

I'm enjoying it so far. The hard-wipe won't affect me much because I prefer mid-teir tanks anyway.
    I must say I find the way you can tranfer some addons to the next tank but not others because they are ''bolted in'' to be a bit anal.
    Auvers wrote: »
    I think its a bit soon for a full release with the spotting system still not working correctly
    I'm not sure what to do with the spotting system. I was thinkin maybe having the commander be able to pop his head up to widen his view might be a fun adiction.

• Advertisement

Bus77II wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to do with the spotting system. I was thinkin maybe having the commander be able to pop his head up to widen his view might be a fun adiction.

I reckon a spotting system like Battlefield 2 would work, so when you see a tank it you press a button to say that tank has been spotted and it stays on the map longer if its a lumbering heavy but you will loose your spot on the lighter (moving) tanks quicker

and also no chained radios, it should take a while the signal to reach farther away tanks that are outside your broadcast range so that message has to be relayed through another tank, so then you wont be visible to enemy tanks immediately from the other side of the map

some good points there, and hardwipe = game release does it?

cant go onto the forums in work anymore.

New update out

New EU server up and running (pings of 43 for me)

XP bonus (4200XP with 4 kills in grille !!!) to last for 72 hours !!!!

Play now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our game cluster is being divided into two parts: North American and European groups of servers. And World of Tanks Developers Team is glad to announce that the amount of Experience received for the battle is five-times increased till the end of 19 January, 2011. We know that you have been waiting for a soft wipe, so, this is a small compensation.

The story now is that you'l lose your tanks when the beta's over but they will be converted into credits and free experiance. So now's a good time to buy a few more tanks to put in the 'bank' for yourself.

The story now is that you'l lose your tanks when the beta's over but they will be converted into credits and free experiance. So now's a good time to buy a few more tanks to put in the 'bank' for yourself.

Where did you read that ?

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »

In a thread on the WOT forum. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/26868-who-will-keep-playing-after-hardwipe/ Post No. 10 in particular. A guy emailed tech support and got this reply back.

''Yes, there will be a soft wipe, giveaway-earned tanks will remain. Other vehicle, mountings and upgrades will be converted to experience and credits, per-gold-purchased tanks are supposed to be converted to gold.''

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ponster wrote: »

I'd like to know the same thing. Never heard that before.

**edit

That guy states eh received that e-mail regarding a 'soft wipe' when he started playing. That was before November.

It has been confirmed that there will be a 'hard' wipe. Thats EVERYTHING gone.

However, the other day Overlord posted:
    Likely there will be no wipe at all since we are quite close to the release.

However, I'd say there will be a hard wipe. The company needs to make money from this.

In a thread on the WOT forum. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/26868-who-will-keep-playing-after-hardwipe/ Post No. 10 in particular. A guy emailed tech support and got this reply back.

I read that post but it looks like the guy mailed support quite a while ago, there is no way you are getting anything after the hard wipe, we may get a premium tank but thats it.

quick question does anyone here have the King Tiger? if so what are the best modules to buy for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Anybody want to take over my account on Sunday? Im off to OZ on Monday so its no good to me. Open beta starts on the 27th so loads of newbies to blast. I think it will run another month or so before the hard wipe.

Got a few million credits but no gold. I got the following tanks.

Maus Elite with 100% repair 100% fire 50% camo

VK 4052 Elite with 100% repair 80% fire

BT-2 Elite 80% repair

Panzerjager 1 Elite 80% camo

Wespe Elite

All the tanks are pimped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

id love to m8:-p
    pm sent

Sold so.

Is there anywhere you can still get a beta code for the Euro server? Lookin for one for my mate.

Is there anywhere you can still get a beta code for the Euro server? Lookin for one for my mate.

Open beta starts on the 27th, he wont need a code then. Also daily gold will be increased to 250 untill release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm regretting not rushing towards a T-54 during the x5 bonus, the grind is gonna be awful! Happy enough with my IS and KT, although the KT is not as satisfying as I expected. Once I get everything pimped out it should be better hopefully!

Anyone else find the IS series of tanks well better than their German counterparts? The amount of ricochets hitting the flank of an Is-4 is crazy, good luck to the VK doing that.

havent experienced the kt yet, i do have a tiger though with everything upgraded bar the final engine and i hate it. its just so slow and even with the best gun it feels quite weak.

i have an is and even more or less stock it feels like a better tank.

kinda started playing again till my pc decided to get a bsod at the weekend.

been playin with a jagpzr iv and the gun is such a pea shooter on it, even the long one. and it always seems to be up against tier 9 / 10

matchmaking system is still fooked imo

• Advertisement

I got myself a jadgtiger (IX TD) but find that it's a lot weaker than my Ferdi (VIII) and while the Ferdi could sometimes be ranked top of the list, the JadgTiger never is.

don't you know its the world of Russian tanks, its a shame what they have done to the legendary Tiger apparently its been done for sake of game "balance"

I stopped with the German tank line ages ago and went with the soviet med line, the t-54 is unstoppable if you use it correctly

just reading on the forum that apparently with the release coming up they have decided to take a look at fixing the German tanks

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/27574-improving-german-vehicles/page__pid__383547#entry383547

Auvers wrote: »
    don't you know its the world of Russian tanks, its a shame what they have done to the legendary Tiger apparently its been done for sake of game "balance"

I stopped with the German tank line ages ago and went with the soviet med line, the t-54 is unstoppable if you use it correctly

just reading on the forum that apparently with the release coming up they have decided to take a look at fixing the German tanks

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/27574-improving-german-vehicles/page__pid__383547#entry383547

Yeah the Russian heavy's and high end mids are stupidly overpowered.

The IS line, and the T-43 and up are super tanks in the game.

Before the soft wipe, the VK3601 and VK3001H were superb middle of the road tanks. After the wipe, everyone went Russian, and those tanks became cannon fodder. I think they borked them somewhat too.

I really hope they fix the German tanks - the legendary Tiger and King Tiger are useless against 'equivalent' Russian tanks.

is there a soft wipe today? cant get onto official forums in work and my pc has decided to stop working.

have a dell xps for a few days though.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    is there a soft wipe today? cant get onto official forums in work and my pc has decided to stop working.

have a dell xps for a few days though.

Defo the server split up and open beta. There will be no soft wipe, this has already been confirmed.

There will be a hard wipe before release.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I have to say, I've about given up on the German heavy line. Got as far as a MkVI with the long 88, and I'm just not seeing the King Tiger as being worth it. Focusing on the US heavies instead, they're surprisingly good. Just load HE to deal with the IS-3s and up

NTM

I have to say, I've about given up on the German heavy line. Got as far as a MkVI with the long 88, and I'm just not seeing the King Tiger as being worth it. Focusing on the US heavies instead, they're surprisingly good. Just load HE to deal with the IS-3s and up

NTM

lol ninja edit :p

As yous say, this game has a fair few issues and needs more work. So what I'm gona do on release is.. throw them a score for the craic I've had with it, park up a couple of my favorite tanks in the garage (mid-teir so wont take long) and leave it for about a year.

Yeah the Russian heavy's and high end mids are stupidly overpowered.

I really hope they fix the German tanks - the legendary Tiger and King Tiger are useless against 'equivalent' Russian tanks.

I know that's annoying but it's not about fixing the German tanks. That's just the realism buzz the Devs are on. For example, in my t-34 I'm very lucky to bag a Panther or a Tiger. Head on, I don't stand any chance. And that's the way it should be imo. Because the Tigers and Panthers were rushed in to deal with the T-34.
    And so it is with the IS which was made to deal with the Tigers and the 88's.

It's unfair, but realistic.

It's the matched clan battles where youl find fair fights.

• Advertisement

Focusing on the US heavies instead, they're surprisingly good. Just load HE to deal with the IS-3s and up

NTM

So that's why I allways get big-instakill HE from the American heavies. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement