Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Chelsea, Sky Sports 1, 1pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

The sly digs from utd fans are gas, keep them coming lads..
    To be fair they were well behaved today. :D
    Just wait for the ones who were out in the pub to come back jarred. Gonna get crazy in here.

Forgot about that. Thanks for the tip off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

CSF wrote: »
    Gerrard is pathetic. Liverpool need to cash in bigtime. Horrible excuse for a person.

What happens now is, despite Liverpool fans having been extremely critical of him all season and a lot also agreeing that we should cash in, that Liverpool fans will jump to his defense because you have gone redicuously over the top in your criticism. Then the thread will turn into a United versus Liverpool pissing contest and Liverpool fans will eventually be accussed of wearing red tinted glasses.. blah blah blah blah..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I must say, I don't care what anyone says, I quite like Frank Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

To be fair they were well behaved today. :D

Depends on which type of United fan you're talking about. I could be very bold if I wanted to.

Boo Liverpool and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

That_Guy wrote: »
    Needs moar Cuba Gooding Jr.

perfectly suited to the role of Damien Plessis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The sly digs from utd fans are gas, keep them coming lads..

No problem, it's very easy to pick on a club as awful as that.

Seriously though, well done Chelsea, Ancelotti has done a good job. Get rid of Terry, buy a few CBs, a few midfielders, hope Essien keeps fit they can become world class. Maybe even win the Champions League.

United, we did well this season. Get rid of Carrick buy a creative CM, another winger, a new CB and a goal scoring striker (Torres please :)) and we'll get to 19!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What happens now is, despite Liverpool fans having been extremely critical of him all season and a lot also agreeing that we should cash in, that Liverpool fans will jump to his defense because you have gone redicuously over the top in your criticism. Then the thread will turn into a United versus Liverpool pissing contest and Liverpool fans will eventually be accussed of wearing red tinted glasses.. blah blah blah blah..

You've played this game before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PHB wrote: »
    I must say, I don't care what anyone says, I quite like Frank Lampard.
    Me too.

ugh, I hate this... French player of the year in 2007. Absolutely terrorised RBs in the CL with Lyon... but football doesn't exist outside the Prem, eh?

He was also quality for large chunks of last season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Headshot wrote: »
    pool fans better pray that city dont get 4th

city haven't been in europe last couple of seasons and they spent what £300m or thereabouts, whats another £10-20m in the coffers to city either way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Depends on which type of United fan you're talking about. I could be very bold if I wanted to.

Boo Liverpool and all that jazz.
    Nothing they can say today can make me more depressed than I already am. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

mike65 wrote: »
    Finishing 7th was always going to be enough I think (open to correction not that I give a hoot about the EL next season)

No. Pretty sure only 5th and 6th got into the UEFA cup.

7th will be given a place this season because Chelsea already into Champions league and Pompey were refused European football because of admin so they gave the FA Cup spot to 7th.

That is what I read last week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He was also quality for large chunks of last season :)

Don't think so myself - he definately improved on his first season but this season he's been simply immense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'd fear for liverpools future (if i was a pool fan) if things don't change re new investment. they are quite poor and unlikely to finish top 6 next year either as all the others will spend more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

i know that

but pool are the most endanger.

Point taken , and not to go off thread too much .... But UTD are on serious thin ice aswell .

The Ronaldo money last season covered a big massive hole , that's not there this season .

It's a big summer for the likes of Liverpool , UTD etc
    , I truly believe that what ever happens this summer (especially for the Pool) will have a impact for a decade to come.
    Just hope any major changes (owners , players , mang) are done early in the window and not Aug/Sep ish .

M

What's Rafa smiling about?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

pool fans better pray that city dont get 4th

Why exactly? If they don't get it they will spend regardless. I hope City get 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Disappointing to watch as a United fan, although Liverpool were having the better of it up until the back pass.

They looked completely uninterested in the second half but I suppose Thursdays 120 minutes has to be taken into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He's off to Italy for a well paid holiday!

his guarntee for 4th space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Jamie Redknapp talking a lot of sense about Liverpool's problems on SS1 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is that Rafa waving goodbye?

The game showed the gulf between Chelsea and Liverpool this season, no complaints from me, not having the League in our own hands with 3/4 games to go isnt how United usually win leagues, we handed the initiative to Chelsea by losing to them at home. Really dont see them capitulating against Wigan.

An interesting summer ahead at both united and liverpool.

This is completely random, but I wish I'm On Setanta Sports was still on. I loved to see what José would be saying!

Nothing they can say today can make me more depressed than I already am. ;)

Add that to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Why exactly? If they don't get it they will spend regardless. I hope City get 4th.

no they'll be able to buy better players, and will have 4th place and probably upwards sown up for good

none of the other teams will drop out of the top 4, they are just to good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Am i alone in thinking the performance wasn't that bad compared to some other Liverpool performances this season?

Not even close to being in the top ten worst performances of the season.

(Fiorentina, Sunderland, Fulham *2, Lyon, Debrecen, Portsmouth, Reading*2, Wolves, Wigan)

Reminded me of watching the movie Pearl Harbor.

Liverpool were playing the part of the kamikaze pilots, Chelsea were the guys on the ground, and United were the people in the cinema that had to watch that piece of garbage.

Maybe you were watching Back to the Future because you just witnessed an early preview of what the future holds for United if those boys manage to maintain control of your club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ardent wrote: »

that never happens!

because they'll be able to attract a much better caliber of player if they get CL football.

• Advertisement

First for everything I suppose.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nearly caught me out there, was going to flick over to it until I realised the first half of the statement has never been in a sentence before.

Am i alone in thinking the performance wasn't that bad compared to some other Liverpool performances this season?

(Fiorentina, Sunderland, Fulham *2, Lyon, Debrecen, Portsmouth, Reading*2, Wolves, Wigan)

It just looked that way because chelsea never had to move out of second gear.

they could have really embarrased them today if they fancied it

Definately not as bad as wigan imo but still a shambolic performance by all accounts! :(

no they'll be able to buy better players, and will have 4th place and probably upwards sown up for good

none of the other teams will drop out of the top 4, they are just to good

Never say never nothing is certain in football. Money talks, as we seen with Robinho. Even without Champions League football they can attract big name players and almost signed Kaka too.

As for Jamie Redknapp, the man is a tosser. Decent player not a legend and damn **** pundit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

IvySlayer wrote: »
    This is completely random, but I wish I'm On Setanta Sports was still on. I loved to see what José would be saying!
    Someone should really pick that up was brilliant

• Advertisement

Never say never nothing is certain in football. Money talks, as we seen with Robinho. Even without Champions League football they can attract big name players and almost signed Kaka too.

why do you think they never signed kaka?

because of no CL...

Robino was never a big player compared to kaka

they can attract big name players and almost signed Kaka too.

They never had a chance of signing Kaka tbh - a player who turns down was it 250k/week or somehting along those lines, really has no interest in joining them.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I'd fear for liverpools future (if i was a pool fan) if things don't change re new investment. they are quite poor and unlikely to finish top 6 next year either as all the others will spend more.

Will you relax yourself a little..

Liverpool have been generally appalling all season, have struggled with injuries, the squad has pretty much stood still when compared to the previous season, we lost Alonso, had a few instances of very bad luck, have a bunch of jokers for owners, have a manager than has been undermined by the jokers at every oppurtunity, the likes of Spurs and City have spent an absolute fortune when compared to us and despite all of that, we have missed out on CL football by a pretty small margin and can be safe in the knowledge that we are responsible for our own downfall..

because of no CL...

Robino was never a big player compared to kaka

Wasn't it the love of AC Milan that made him stay till the summer, sure AC were playing in the UEFA Cup last season as far as I can remember.

Robinho was an integral part of Real's 2 in a row Championship winning sides so to say he was never a big player is utter rubbish. Robinho going on what Kaka has done so far at Real are total opposites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Stevie G strikes again with the back pass assist, sums up the season he's had to be honest.

I think Liverpool showed spirit, but just didn't have the players to make things work. They undoubtedly tried their best and were just outclassed by a better team. No complaints or idiotic claims that say otherwise can be had really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

As for Jamie Redknapp, the man is a tosser. Decent player not a legend and damn **** pundit.

Redknapp was a terrific servant to Liverpool and is a decent bloke, sometimes the truth hurts Liverpool fans

Someone should really pick that up was brilliant

'Oh yes, breaking news coming in now....It is confirmed, I am....fantastic'

'Ameobi like!'

Cheered me up no end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

The question of Man City qualifying for the Champion's League has nothing to do with money, it's to do with the "pulling power" the club will have. With Champion's League football, and whatever wages they want, very few players would not go to Man City, and being able to offer whatever silly money they care to, very few clubs will turn them down. If they were only in the Europa, they'd wouldn't sign the top players quite so easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

because of no CL...

more to do with tax i would say, same reason the likes of ronaldinho never joined utd when they wanted him or laudrup never joined liverpool when they wanted him back in the 80s or why all the top players in england are off to spain at the drop of a hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The pain of defeat is eased somewhat by the look on Ferguson's face in that interview!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

ntlbell wrote: »
    because they'll be able to attract a much better caliber of player if they get CL football.

:D:D (hands clasped and praying)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Babel is definately winnin me over second half of this season.

Would agree with that too. Not that he was exceptionally brilliant, but he mucked in to a degree that he hadn't before, and has shown a bit of steeliness in him that wasn't evident before.

Redknapp was a terrific servant to Liverpool and is a decent bloke, sometimes the truth hurts Liverpool fans

Sometimes you need to realise he is so far out of touch with our supporters he hasn't got a clue. Just like Ronnie Whelan, he serves no purpose as a pundit and speaks utter bollocks about the club he once served. Him, Whelan and the likes of Collymore sicken me to the bone.

Wasn't it the love of AC Milan that made him stay till the summer, sure AC were playing in the UEFA Cup last season as far as I can remember.

Robinho was an integral part of Real's 2 in a row Championship winning sides so to say he was never a big player is utter rubbish. Robinho going on what Kaka has done so far at Real are total opposites.

5ForKeeps he was one of most over rated players around, to even put him into the kaka bracket is far fetch as they come

regarding kaka
    no he stayed until a club with CL would come for him, 5ForKeeps you tend not to understand the draw of CL soccer is for a player.

tbh I dont care anymore, if you want to believe that city in 4th wont make a difference to pool, im not going to bother changing your mind but your welcome to bookmark my posts for future reference but im pretty sure you wont be shoving my thoughts in my face
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    more to do with tax i would say, same reason the likes of ronaldinho never joined utd when they wanted him or laudrup never joined liverpool when they wanted him back in the 80s or why all the top players in england are off to spain at the drop of a hat

the tax has gone up in spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sometimes you need to realise he is so far out of touch with our supporters he hasn't got a clue. Just like Ronnie Whelan, he serves no purpose as a pundit and speaks utter bollocks about the club he once served. Him, Whelan and the likes of Collymore sicken me to the bone.

Sky don't pay him to be in touch with liverpools supporters

• Advertisement
Advertisement