Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Chelsea, Sky Sports 1, 1pm

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Sometimes you need to realise he is so far out of touch with our supporters he hasn't got a clue. Just like Ronnie Whelan, he serves no purpose as a pundit and speaks utter bollocks about the club he once served. Him, Whelan and the Collymore's sicken me to the bone.
    Harsh to put him in with Collymore and Whelan to be honest. Quite like redknapp, decent bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Headshot wrote: »
    5ForKeeps he was one of most over rated players around, to even put him into the kaka bracket is far fetch as they come

regarding kaka
    no he stayed until a club with CL would come for him, 5ForKeeps you tend not to understand the draw of CL soccer is for a player.

tbh I dont care anymore, if you want to believe that city in 4th wont make a difference to pool, im not going to bother changing your mind but your welcome to bookmark my posts for future reference but im pretty sure you wont be shoving my thoughts in my face

I don't it makes a difference to us whatsoever because at the moment we don't have a pot to piss in to compete financially. At least if Spurs and Villa don't get we might still have a chance of competing in the top 6 as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Harsh to put him in with Collymore and Whelan to be honest. Quite like redknapp, decent bloke.

Woah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Same I never understood the hatred a pundit needs to be very one minded otherwise it's boring tbh

Sky don't pay him to be in touch with liverpools supporters

Ye they pay him to be their puppet. Its easy to spout off when he is the studio just like Whelan and Collymore, I would add Lawro to this too.

There is a man currently in the hot seat who is more successful than all of them put together as managers. So I think I would take the opinion of our manager over them anyday as he is more qualified than any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Woah
    ?

Not my cup of tea, some of the stuff he has viled out of his mouth is pure diarrhoea. I would like to see how he does as manager just like Whelan Mr. Alan before he gives lectures to a man who is more qualified than him to know what the **** is going on inside our club.

All I can say is one week and the season is over and thank ****. This summer is the biggest in 50+ years because the club either sinks or swims. If the club is not sold every Liverpool supporter should be braced for medocrity because the club is only going one way at the moment and some of the parasite supporters we have don't see the REAL ****ing picture at the moment.

Our club is being raped before our very eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Loving the randomness of the posts from the United fans.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well that was pretty disappointing.

I think Liverpool were a bit unfortunate with having to make the first 2 substitutions, in particular Maxi who was looking good and most importantly fresh.

It's fairly obvious that the goal turned the game on its head although it was only a matter of time before Liverpool ran out of steam. They looked absolutely shattered and frustrated.

I was actually surprised there were so few changes to the team. Someone like El Zhar or N'gog on. Again the 2 injures made the match even more difficult.

Ayala, Soky and Agger all did well in defence, Masch tbf wasn't great but still he tried.
    Gerrard and Lucas overall were ok, Lucas looked fit to drop while Gerrard was inconsistent with some great balls and a lot of poor ones.

Babel has been doing a great job lately imo. His work rate has had a massive increase, the amount of times he ran 60-70 yards back to help defend was incredible and those 2 cross field balls were very good. Theres a place fo him at Liverpool yet.

MOTM for Pool has to be Reina again, he's just fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Manc fans in Sunderland aren't happy! Singing the Diego Forlan song, that they hate Steven Gerrard and that we're gonna win f*ck all! Have we done something to upset them??? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Gerrard doing Chelsea a faver for the first goal:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Ye they pay him to be their puppet. Its easy to spout off when he is the studio just like Whelan and Collymore, I would add Lawro to this too.

There is a man currently in the hot seat who is more successful than all of them put together as managers. So I think I would take the opinion of our manager over them anyday as he is more qualified than any of them.

What's he said that is so wrong, what do you expect him to say there are simply no positives to say from this season.
    Agree with Alan babel has come on significantly lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

monkey9 wrote: »
    The Manc fans in Sunderland aren't happy! Singing the Diego Forlan song, that they hate Steven Gerrard and that we're gonna win f*ck all! Have we done something to upset them??? :pac:

Totally out of character :rolleyes:

What's he said that is so wrong, what do you expect him to say there are simply no positives to say from this season.
    Agree with Alan babel has come on significantly lately

Stirring **** as usual. We all know this season hasn't being up to scratch but problems run deep within our club that he is so out of touch with it would make his head spin if he could actually make sense of anything.

Jamie uses his dad's team as a good example while criticising Rafa. Sick of it, the man has an agenda simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Was an awful performance by Liverpool. They never bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Stirring **** as usual. We all know this season hasn't being up to scratch but problems run deep within our club that he is so out of touch with it would make his head spin if he could actually make sense of anything.

Bet you a pound to a penny he knows more of what's happening at Liverpool than me or you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Was an awful performance by Liverpool. They never bothered.

Thought they were the better team until Gerrards backpass tbh.Was an uphill struggle after that.

The mancs are sickened thats enough for me to over look the poor performance today!!

Bet you a pound to a penny he knows more of what's happening at Liverpool than me or you

ha ha the man and his dog no more than Auld Arry's offspring. Being Chelsea reserve coach, I don't think he would have a clue being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Congrats to Chelsea on winning the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Liverpool defo threatened a lot, despite it all. Were by far the better side in the 1st half anyway. Bit of a collapse in the second half, but not too bad. Was an alright game... with a fantastic result!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Congrats to Chelsea on winning the league.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ha ha the man and his dog no more than Auld Arry's offspring. Being Chelsea reserve coach, I don't think he would have a clue being honest.

Your posts are laughable.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Your posts are laughable.

Are they thank you very much..are you apart of the Jamie Redknapp love-in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

jaykay74 wrote: »
    :confused:

Congrats to the Sun, for rising tomorrow.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

not much to say.

Liverpool were fine until the goal i thought. Gerrard, seriously, you could have chosen any other time of the season to do that, why today? you plonker.

after that, it was diabolical.

the foul by Lucas on Kalou was a penalty. accidental and unfortunate, but a penalty.

i genuinely think we were knackered; and once Chelsea got that 2nd goal, i'm pretty sure we didn't have the energy or the inclination to give the extra 20-30% to get back into it. and it petered into nothingness.

to not have a shot on target at home, against anyone, until the 91st minute was thoroughly embarrassing.

and i couldn't handle seeing the ball lumped up to Kuyt against 3 giant defenders anymore. it just got ludicrous.

no ideas; nothing. as well as wrecked. hopeless really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

SlickRic wrote: »
    not much to say.

Liverpool were fine until the goal i thought. Gerrard, seriously, you could have chosen any other time of the season to do that, why today? you plonker.

after that, it was diabolical.

the foul by Lucas on Kalou was a penalty. accidental and unfortunate, but a penalty.

i genuinely think we were knackered; and once Chelsea got that 2nd goal, i'm pretty sure we didn't have the energy or the inclination to give the extra 20-30% to get back into it. and it petered into nothingness.

to not have a shot on target at home, against anyone, until the 91st minute was thoroughly embarrassing.

and i couldn't handle seeing the ball lumped up to Kuyt against 3 giant defenders anymore. it just got ludicrous.

no ideas; nothing. as well as wrecked. hopeless really.
    I think in last two games we have started to move the ball quickly into the danger areas. Maxi played a really good ball into Aqua in first half yesterday but Aqua made a quick balls of it.
    Key for me is to get the ball out wide. Defensively though we are weak at the moment. Time and time again our defenders just don't seem to be getting goal side of their markers.

Maxi indeed looked good yesterday; so much so that it was a big blow seeing him come off injured.

Aquilani was appalling; so out of sync it was frightening.

we barely got it into the danger areas once, unless you're defining the danger areas as 35yds from goal. we basically just shot from distance yesterday, bar one through ball by Maxi to Aquilani, and a fortunate ricochet that feel to Babel.

we didn't move the ball quickly at all, especially under any pressure. the Burnley game is a bad example to bring up of us moving the ball well. they're sh*te, and barely put pressure on the ball, so we had all the time in the world. and we still played pretty badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Congrats to Chelsea - it could have been a lot more. Pretty much one way traffic after the 1st goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It was a nervous start by Chelsea; I think the nerves were getting to them a bit, and Liverpool looked by far the more impressive, dangerous side in the first half.

Kalou, had he stayed on his feet and taken a shot instead of looking for a peno, could have been on the scoresheet again today following his trio last Sunday.

All in all, I reckon Liverpool deserved at least one goal based on their first half performance, but I do think Chelsea deserved the win, based on the amount of shots on target they had and their dominant second half performance...

• Advertisement

i particularly love the assumption by Le Tiss that it was Lucas; and Jeff's jumping on it like a moth to a flame.

i particularly love the assumption by Le Tiss that it was Lucas; and Jeff's jumping on it like a moth to a flame.
    He said he thought it was Lucas and then corrected his error. Harmless enough mistake there. To bad Kamara wasn't there. I must have missed that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Is that Merson sniggering away in the background too? An absolute cretin by all accounts, actually i don't think i like any of them even Thommo.

He said he thought it was Lucas and then corrected his error. Harmless enough mistake there.

absolutely.

but you still gotta love the assumption, the giggling by Charlie Nicholas/Paul Merson in the background, Jeff's misguided comment re: Liverpool fans' affections for Lucas, and then the widespread horror when they realise the it's the golden boy that's done it.

Is that Merson sniggering away in the background too? An absolute cretin by all accounts, actually i don't think i like any of them even Thommo.
    Rarely watch the show. Stelling has this annoying inflection in his voice. After a while his just gets annoying.
    Give me teletext any day of the week ;)

Rarely watch the show. Stelling has this annoying inflection in his voice. After a while his just gets annoying.

take that back! :D

the show is absolute gold.

the cock-ups like the one above are part of what make it the brilliant TV that it is.

take that back! :D

the show is absolute gold.

the cock-ups like the one above are part of what make it the brilliant TV that it is.
    There are lot of things I dont get. This show being one of them. Yeah the Kamara "I must have missed that" moment was gas but didn't feel the need to tune in for more of them.

Advertisement