Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Chelsea, Sky Sports 1, 1pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

PHB wrote: »
    Sorry, that's just bs. Kuyt was offside, no doubt about it. Chelsea were onside, Mascherano was playing them onside quite considerably.

Kuyt was in line. look at the cut of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Unlucky Babel good chasing up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Liverpool were playing pretty well until the Gerrard **** up. After that, they reverted to a team with complete lack of confidence.

Gerrard, one of three things are happening:

A. He no longer has any faith in Benetiz and isnt playing for him
    B. He no longer has any faith in Liverpool and is leaving this summer
    C. He is getting too old and losing his ability

Frankly, I think its either A or B. On this showing though, I can't see Ancelloti wanting to buy him, because Lampard is streets ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mayordenis wrote: »
    Bull**** and you know it. I try to be constuctive but why talk ****? you know your just making the thread, and as a knock on the forum worse.

Relax. It's just a joke.

His head was offside. As the rules say, any part of your body which can play the ball counts, and his head was clearly offside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

^^^^

Agree with this

Sorry, that's just bs. Kuyt was offside, no doubt about it. Chelsea were onside, Mascherano was playing them onside quite considerably.

Both were onside. A blind man could see that Kuyt was onside if you look along the cut of the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PHB you forgot theory D - that he really doesn't want Utd to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

jaysis Torres looks unhappy there.

Hope he's not thinking 'what am I doing here?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Nando looking very sad panda :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Liverpool were playing pretty well until the Gerrard **** up. After that, they reverted to a team with complete lack of confidence.

Gerrard, one of three things are happening:

A. He no longer has any faith in Benetiz and isnt playing for him
    B. He no longer has any faith in Liverpool and is leaving this summer
    C. He is getting too old and losing his ability

Frankly, I think its either A or B. On this showing though, I can't see Ancelloti wanting to buy him, because Lampard is streets ahead.

It might be combination of them all.

But A is definitely true. And he's not the only senior player that is of that opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

Chelsea weren't offside masch player them all on unfortunately, Kuyt's head was ahead of the last defender which is the rule so he was.

I was pretty sure the "rule" you speak of indicates there should be clear daylight between attacker and defender for offside to be given. Irrelevant anyway.

I'm going to go be sick now.

mike65 wrote: »
    PHB you forgot theory D - that he really doesn't want Utd to win the title.

Even if that was the case, there's no way he'd be as ****ing obvious as this. He'd try and conceal and accidently give away a penalty in the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

BOO-URNS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Might throw on El Zhar or Degen to shop-window them.

that's hardly as important as the development of our most exciting young player though.

I think the world knows that both of those players are fairly useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Look on Torres's face says it all really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

murpho999 wrote: »
    jaysis Torres looks unhappy there.

Hope he's not thinking 'what am I doing here?'
    It's what everyone else is thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Pool haven't been that bad today but we have NO cutting edge at all. Our "leader" hasn't bothered his arse all year. We're in a really bad situation and tbh it's looking very very bleak...

Thought i wouldn't mind as much if we did lose as the whole united not winning the title would make me feel better but i was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bull**** and you know it. I try to be constuctive but why talk ****? you know your just making the thread, and as a knock on the forum worse.

Ridiculous. I gave Liverpool the benefit of the doubt but Steven Gerrard, who has a professed hatred of United, gifts Chelsea the lead and then they half-arse it for the entire match.

I think I'm entitled to be pissed off at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah, but isn't the rule (or is this a made up one like the 'daylight' rule), that if any part of you is in an offside position, then it's offside!

Like his feet is in line, but his head is ahead of the players (ha ha ha, that sounds so f*cking stupid, but i swear i heard that somewhere)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I was pretty sure the "rule" you speak of indicates there should be clear daylight between attacker and defender for offside to be given. Irrelevant anyway.

I'm going to go be sick now.

no the rule does not mention "daylight", that would be absolutely ridiculous, what is daylight? can I get a bottle of it somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gerrard is pathetic. Liverpool need to cash in bigtime. Horrible excuse for a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

no the rule does not mention "daylight", that would be absolutely ridiculous, what is daylight? can I get a bottle of it somewhere?

Look out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I was pretty sure the "rule" you speak of indicates there should be clear daylight between attacker and defender for offside to be given.

This rule does not exist. Andy Gray began this little myth- ref's association later corrected that no change in the rule was ever put in place, and the rule was the same as always, if any part of you is off, you're off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Aquilani with a ''miss kick'' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

that's hardly as important as the development of our most exciting young player though.

I think the world knows that both of those players are fairly useless

Would prefer to seePacheco obviously but wouldn't be that surprised myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Given that Chelsea should be fit and fresh and are "fighting" for the title why are not people pointing out how poor they have been overall? Liverpool are tired, crestfallen, and want this season to end. No one should surprised at a 2-0 loss or whatever it turns out to be frankly.

Ridiculous. I gave Liverpool the benefit of the doubt but Steven Gerrard, who has a professed hatred of United, gifts Chelsea the lead and then they half-arse it for the entire match.

I think you should look at the week Liverpool have had 120 minutes only 60 hours ago, came out of the traps well but can't keep the tempo, 2 injuries which have forced subs within 60 minutes, and not to mention that Chelsea are fresh and quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

CSF wrote: »
    Gerrard is pathetic. Liverpool need to cash in bigtime. Horrible excuse for a person.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a save!!!

Look that's just bo!!ix. Gerrard has been sh!t all season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Very bright start by the pool but Gerrards boo boo completly deflated them.Pity but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

This could turn out to be a hidin' for liverpool.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Look out the window

So there needs to be a load of Trees and a road and a bunch of cars and clouds to mean it's offside?

What a save from Reina! Player of the season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Team overall has been bad overall. But Reina again pulls off another terrific save. The guy is an absolute Rock. Can't speak highly enough of Pepe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Just turning 30 - stinker of a season - cant see any big money offers.

Pepe for captain. Scratch that, Pepe for Chairman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kenon wrote: »
    This could turn out to be a hidin' for liverpool.

Can see Chelsea winning this 4 or 5 nil with at least one own goal each from Gerrard and Carragher!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

so it's not a 'joke' anymore then? If you want to be pissed off about something look to your own team rolling over for Chelsea home and away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Maybe you should be more pissed off about your own side not being good enough this year.. Just a thought.

redout wrote: »
    Just turning 30 - stinker of a season - cant see any big money offers.
    Would get 20 million for him easily. Is he worth that to the club? No, not even close. He couldn't care less anymore, absolute waster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You should be pissed off at your own team for not being good enough to win the league without relying on other teams to do you a favor then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Would get 20 million for him easily. Is he worth that to the club? No, not even close. He couldn't care less anymore, absolute waster.

you would want to be Man City to offer that for a 30 year old who was atrocious all season.

You should be pissed off at your own team for not being good enough to win the league without relying on other teams to do you a favor then.

Exactly. United haven't been good enough, and if we had beaten Chelsea, we'd be fine.

jesus christ, commentator on YES keeps going on about how uncharacteristic it is for Gerrard to be making mistakes like he did for the goal.

NO IT'S FUCKING NOT!

He's been exceptionally poor this season, losing the ball and misplacing passes all over the place, but even before that, Gerrard has more of a history with poor backpass's resulting in opposition goals then other most top level players do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Please god put on Pacheco - the games over, we're playing shít, throw on the young fella for some game time and aid his development

You know what, you can say what you want about Kuyt, and I've said plenty, but he is one of the few players out there really trying to win the game.

redout wrote: »
    you would want to be Man City to offer that for a 30 year old who was atrocious all season.
    1 of a few who'd probably bid at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

monkey9 wrote: »
    Look that's just bo!!ix. Gerrard has been sh!t all season!

Been poor overall but he scored two goals last week. Liverpool have had 1 shot on target so far in the game and we're at 70 minutes. Piss-poor.
    copacetic wrote:
    so it's not a 'joke' anymore then? If you want to be pissed off about something look to your own team rolling over for Chelsea home and away.
    Maybe you should be more pissed off about your own side not being good enough this year.. Just a thought.

I am pissed off about that, don't worry. United's position is United's fault. I'll never say otherwise. Doesn't mean however I should look the other way at a disgraceful joke performance from Liverpool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement