Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Chelsea, Sky Sports 1, 1pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the card for deliberate handball ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How in the world, in the world, is Terry not booked there?

Somebody please tell me how anybody could think thats not a booking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Terry handball, fancy that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why the f*ck isn't Terry getting a yellow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ridiculous. I gave Liverpool the benefit of the doubt but Steven Gerrard, who has a professed hatred of United, gifts Chelsea the lead and then they half-arse it for the entire match.

Quick , where's me Tin Foil hat ?images?q=tbn%3Ac2qtw2vUsuUGmM%3A%3Awww.sodahead.com%2Ffun%2Finvestigators-kentucky-census-worker-killed-himself%2Fblog-199355%2F%3Fpage%3D3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Like the invention there even if it failed.

What an absurdly **** free kick. Chelsea were completely onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Perfect position for Pacheco for that free-kick :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Whatever about the ifs and buts of Liverpool beating Chelsea today and allowing Utd to seize on the chance to win the league I have to say this is a truly spineless performance from the pool. I know they havent had a great season but this is surely as poor as I have ever seen them play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Been poor overall but he scored two goals last week. Liverpool have had 1 shot on target so far in the game and we're at 70 minutes. Piss-poor.

I am pissed off about that, don't worry. United's position is United's fault. I'll never say otherwise. Doesn't mean however I should look the other way at a disgraceful joke performance from Liverpool.

You're beyond laughable at this stage. Pool came out to win but just aren't good enough. If you honestly believe a bunch of professional footballers arent trying you should get the old tin foil hat out of the press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Ridiculous. I gave Liverpool the benefit of the doubt but Steven Gerrard, who has a professed hatred of United, gifts Chelsea the lead and then they half-arse it for the entire match.

I think I'm entitled to be pissed off at that.
    Wont be down to us If united lose the league. We put out a strong team but first goal killed us off. Remember Aqua was inches away from scoring and Kuyt was caught just a few yards offside.
    We haven't been great all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I think some people are forgetting that most of the Liverpool players out there have played 120 mins of football on Thursday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I know its been a funny old season but even a Liverpool comeback here would be stretching it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Seriously WTF Rafa, bring Pacheco on. Said it already - no good reason not to have given him half an hour today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Doesn't mean however I should look the other way at a disgraceful joke performance from Liverpool.

Just be pleased you haven't had to put up with 40 odd of them this season like we have!

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    You know what, you can say what you want about Kuyt, and I've said plenty, but he is one of the few players out there really trying to win the game.

Kuyt, Reina, Masch, Agger, Lucas, Kyriakos have all put in a great shift - considering the exhausting game on thursday.

Maxi was working very hard before coming off injured.

Ayala trying his best, Babel not looking great, Carragher wasn't looking too hot before injury, Gerrard being Gerrardm and Aquilani always doing his thing.

Talking ****e PHB? Yup.

shakes head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sizzler wrote: »
    Whatever about the ifs and buts of Liverpool beating Chelsea today and allowing Utd to seize on the chance to win the league I have to say this is a truly spineless performance from the pool. I know they havent had a great season but this is surely as poor as I have ever seen them play.

Well it's obvious that they, like the rest of us just want this season to end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Has to be said - this season has seen Malouda turn into a serious player!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I swear if Pacheco turns out to be rubbish in the next couple of seasons boards is going to go into melt down

• Advertisement

No Pacheco :(

Aquilani not up to 90 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Bringing ngog on instead of pacheco is senseless

Doesn't mean however I should look the other way at a disgraceful joke performance from Liverpool.

Here ya go again if you're going to cry about it.
    mayordenis wrote: »
    I think you should look at the week Liverpool have had 120 minutes only 60 hours ago, came out of the traps well but can't keep the tempo, 2 injuries which have forced subs within 60 minutes, and not to mention that Chelsea are fresh and quality.

pointless sub.

Pacheco may well turn out to be rubbish. But he's been our standout player in the reserves for 2 years and deserves a chance. We need to test him. We aren't going to learn any more about N'Gog in the next 10 minutes

Bringing ngog on instead of pacheco is senseless

In all honesty doesn't really matter of this stage. The sting has gone out of the game totally.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Kuyt, Reina, Masch, Agger, Lucas, Kyriakos have all put in a great shift - considering the exhausting game on thursday.

Maxi was working very hard before coming off injured.

Ayala trying his best, Babel not looking great, Carragher wasn't looking too hot before injury, Gerrard being Gerrardm and Aquilani always doing his thing.

Talking ****e PHB? Yup.

If you think that Mascherano, Kyriakos, Maxi or Lucas put in a good shift, your standards are so low it's almost depressing to me.

As for Reina working hard, what is he doing, jumping jacks or something, he's the ****ing goalie. Yeh, ****ing top class ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

PaulieC wrote: »
    Has to be said - this season has seen Malouda turn into a serious player!!

ugh, I hate this... French player of the year in 2007. Absolutely terrorised RBs in the CL with Lyon... but football doesn't exist outside the Prem, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Been poor overall but he scored two goals last week. Liverpool have had 1 shot on target so far in the game and we're at 70 minutes. Piss-poor.

thats means a combined 3 shots on target by utd and liverpool in two home games against chelsea :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You're beyond laughable at this stage. Pool came out to win but just aren't good enough. If you honestly believe a bunch of professional footballers arent trying you should get the old tin foil hat out of the press.

What's laughable about saying I think they are phoning it in? It's not like I'm the only one to think so. Even Pool fans are saying they are underperforming.
    mayordenis wrote:
    Here ya go again if you're going to cry about it.

Have a read of the United thread after the Atletico game. I was the one making the exact points you made and saying it would be bad for United.

All I wanted was a committed performance. I won't apologise for being pissed off at not seeing one. You would be the same in my shoes and you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I swear if Pacheco turns out to be rubbish in the next couple of seasons boards is going to go into melt down

it'll be Richie Partridge all over again!

• Advertisement

pointless sub.

Pacheco may well turn out to be rubbish. But he's been our standout player in the reserves for 2 years and deserves a chance. We need to test him. We aren't going to learn any more about N'Gog in the next 10 minutes

Really don't see what he could get out of this game. Team is playing so badly that I think he benefits from not playing it. All he'll learn here is how to play badly and lose.

Chelsea songs in full voice.

Ah the Mancs are getting all stroppy, you know what you needed to do to win the league. How many games have Utd lost this season?

Another fine save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Sorry Playing a game on thursday is no excuse for losing a game on sunday

PHB wrote: »
    If you think that Mascherano, Kyriakos, Maxi or Lucas put in a good shift, your standards are so low it's almost depressing to me.

As for Reina working hard, what is he doing, jumping jacks or something, he's the ****ing goalie. Yeh, ****ing top class ****.
    Behave. Reina cared enough to pull off a top class save when we were two nil down. And even now he pulled off another double save. He has been immense once more

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah the Mancs are getting all stroppy, you know what you needed to do to win the league. How many games have Utd lost this season?

One too many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Of we are. All we ask is for a decent performance when we actually want Liverpool to win :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It appears to be building up to 'I'm not saying it is all Liverpools fault that in spite of losing 7 league games ourselves we didn't win the league. It is though, it's a conspiracy'

• Advertisement

Behave. Reina cared enough to pull off a top class save when we were two nil down. And even now he pulled off another double save. He has been immense once more

Absolute no doubt, he's been outstanding. That's not what we were talking about though.

Liverpool started this game the better team, but a stupid goal we gave away knocked the stuffing out of us mentally, and after 120 minutes 3 days ago, we've little left physically. That we aren't giving 100% now is understandable, given the season we've had, and what we have left to play for in the league. Some Utd fans are just being pathetic to moan about pool's performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ugh, I hate this... French player of the year in 2007. Absolutely terrorised RBs in the CL with Lyon... but football doesn't exist outside the Prem, eh?

Hate somebody who doesn't watch French football or knew very little about Malouda before he came to the league where my favourite team play - g'way would you! Malouda came to the premiership and had two fairly average seasons, this one has seen him turn into a fantastic winger imo

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen of him, apologies for not following the French league and being as knowledgeable as yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

rossie1977 wrote: »
    thats means a combined 3 shots on target by utd and liverpool in two home games against chelsea :(
    Sky just said Liverpool have had 0 shots on target compared to 8 shots on target Spurs had

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    it'll be Richie Partridge all over again!

whose sister will he marry though???

One big advantage of having Pacheco on is that it would mean that Gerrard would be in the box for corners and we would have a serious threat from set-pieces around the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You'd swear reading this thread chelsea are winning 4 or 5 nil. Chin up united fans, there's always next year.

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    Hate somebody who doesn't watch French football or knew very little about Malouda before he came to the league where my favourite team play - g'way would you! Malouda came to the premiership and had two fairly average seasons, this one has seen him turn into a fantastic winger imo

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen of him, apologies for not following the French league and being as knowledgeable as yourself

To be fair to Malouda, he was pretty decent towards the end of last season. This season however, he's really stepped it up a level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sky just said Liverpool have had 0 shots on target compared to 8 shots on target Spurs had

Is hitting the crossbar off target these days?

The most depressing 45 minutes of football ever.

whose sister will he marry though???

One big advantage of having Pacheco on is that it would mean that Gerrard would be in the box for corners and we would have a serious threat from set-pieces around the box.

Great idea, but I can't remember the last time Liverpool won a corner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

well that means spurs are a much better team than utd so :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement