Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stroller / Bugge recommendation for Travelling by plane?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi,

we are flying to Asia in 6 weeks and don't want to take our buggy, as we fear it will be crushed and damaged on the planes.

So we decided to go for a cheap buggy or stroller just for going on vacation.

It needs to be:

- easy to fold
    - lightweight
    - fully reclining (as she will be just about 6 months then)
    - easy to push

It can either be a new one, or we would also consider 2nd hand. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    DubDani

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We've just ordered the Quinny Zapp for taking on holidays. Its not the cheapest but it folds away very compact and has a carry bag and only weighs 6kg!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

We were looking at that one, but the problem with that one is that it doesn't recline at all. So our daughter will never be able to sleep properly in it.

Ideally I would like something that fuly reclines.

I have researched all afternoon, and the current Frontrunner seems to be the Petite Star Zia, which ticks many of the boxes for us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The petit zia wins out over the quinny zapp because it reclines but the basket underneath is not much use for anything except storing the rain cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We chose the Zapp because it can take the Maxi Cosi car seat like the Buzz. Didn't even look at anything else... maybe we should've!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

The Maclaren Quest is a good option. It's nice and lightweight and quite compact when folded. It's a little bit more exspensive for a stroller but they would be reliable. Another option would be the Chicco Liteway that has a good recline aswell but works out cheaper has a footmuff aswell.
    The Petite Zia still looks like the smallest I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

Hi DubDani,

I posted a similar thread a few months ago link, might give you a few more ideas.

Eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Hi We are just back from Asia and brought our toddler with us. We have a Maclaren Quest which was great for travelling. Folds easy enough with one hand and can be wheeled with one hand. Light too and has a carry strap so you can put on shoulder if necessary (we didn't bother with this). It also reclines almost fully so is comfy for sleeping. I think it is suitable from 3 months. The only thing I would say if u plan on doing a lot of walking the wheels are small so it can be bumpy if it is any rough terrain and of course it is a bit pricey but they seem to last. (Mothercare.ie have €30 off at the moment)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Jessica C

I prefer to hire when traveling - depending on where you are headed, one of the listings on this site might help you: http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/baby-equipment-rentals-asia.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Am in the same position as going to Uk in 2 weeks by car but buggy takes up too much room. Don't want to spend any money on new stroller as am very happy with her normal one and we take the LUAS everywhere anyway.

Will probably check this one out in Smyths as can't find any info online as to weight etc.
    Dimples City Stroller Red

It's only €30! or £30 including delivery to Uk (€35)

But I could get this super cute one delivered to my in-laws from toysrus uk

£35 including delivery (€41)

Now I can't make up mind :(

Got the Dimples City Stroller Red in smyths. It's grand and will do the job. Don't care what happens to a €30 stroller and it fold so very small and lightl I think I could actually risk going on the bus occasionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

we got this one from Eurobaby for travelling (with 1 yr old):
    NUR-439_Rosu-Da-3%20roti_2.jpg

Not sure if they still sell it but its a good compact lightwight pushchair not too expensive, it doesn't fully recline but does recline a good bit, so might be worth a look. Found it much more manoeurable than our quinny buzz and less combersome, so much so we now use it all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

g00125_M.jpg

We have this for our trip to turkey, and its fantastic, Lightweight, easy to use, reclines and is so cheap if it gets ruined you wont mind, also when its folded it has a good carry handle.

http://www.toys.ie/Dimples-City-Stroller-Red-!G00125-prod.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

we got this one from Eurobaby for travelling (with 1 yr old):
    NUR-439_Rosu-Da-3%20roti_2.jpg

Not sure if they still sell it but its a good compact lightwight pushchair not too expensive, it doesn't fully recline but does recline a good bit, so might be worth a look. Found it much more manoeurable than our quinny buzz and less combersome, so much so we now use it all the time!

That looks identical to the Petite Star Zia we went for in the end. I saw they sell them in differnet colours under a few different names.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

How old is your little one? You might find a buggy more of a hindrance than a help in Asia depending on where you go and how old your little one is.

We did a month travelling around Thailand last year and were very glad we didn't bother with a buggy. I used my shoulders a lot and that worked out really well. Outside major cities the paths are poor or non existant.

g00125_M.jpg

We have this for our trip to turkey, and its fantastic, Lightweight, easy to use, reclines and is so cheap if it gets ruined you wont mind, also when its folded it has a good carry handle.

http://www.toys.ie/Dimples-City-Stroller-Red-!G00125-prod.aspx

Just back from the UK and this was a great buggy for the price. Can't imagine the wheels lasting long though.

Even cheaper is this one from Lidl on the 10th for €24.99 ( I think it was only £16.99 though :mad:) http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100610.p.Baby_Buggy
    c.o.20100610.p.Baby_Buggy

Advertisement