Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheffield Wednesday v Crystal Palace - ko 1.00pm BBC 1 / HD

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Rubbing salt into the wounds now those fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Awwwww :( So guys what are their finances like? They ****ed now or will they bounce back?

What the?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BBC do know whats going on behind them yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The idiots are on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Riot time

Break down the studio!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Ructions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Ah fill us in, whats happening?

• Advertisement

Who the fcuk is that goon knocking on the studio window?

Wednesday go down, Palace stay up. Wee bit of clashing between supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who the fcuk is that goon knocking on the studio window?

Someone should be knocking him on the head. Absolute tool.

Some Palace fans came onto the pitch, some Wednesday fans came on taking issue with that, police in the middle, a few players getting argy-bargy with some fans, looked a bit tense for a few minutes.

Ah well, back to League 1 again.

Who knows it might do us good. No point in knocking around the bottom half of the Championship season after season.

Hopefully these American investors will commit (we should be cheaper now), we can get in a few new faces, be a strong team in League 1 and come straight back up.

If you don't have the red button there's not a whole lot happening. Pitch has been cleared somewhat and now a handful of Palace fans are on the pitch in a segregated corner.

Few shots of Palace players in the dressing room celebrating.

• Advertisement

Who was the shirtless Palace player being rushed off the pitch by stewards while some fan was trying to take a few swipes at him? It think it was the full back.

Stupid BBC, we want to see the agro, not an overweight David Hurst talking shite.

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Ah well, back to League 1 again.

Who knows it might do us good. No point in knocking around the bottom half of the Championship season after season.

Hopefully these American investors will commit (we should be cheaper now), we can get in a few new faces, be a strong team in League 1 and come straight back up.

Last season when Newcastle got relegated a few people were telling me that relegation would be good for the club.

At the time I just thought it was a stupid remark but it turns out that yes, it was a good thing for the club.

Got rid of the dead wood and the team spirit has never been closer. Team has worked hard for each other all season so the same could happen to your lot too.

League 1 is a tough league. Some tough teams down there.

Jesus, Ambrose getting soaked on BBC. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Feel sorry for Sheff Wed, a Premiership club that's been very badly run for the last ten years. That said, as much as i dislike Palace they probably just about deserved to stay up. Wednesday had lots of chances from what i'm hearing and really only have themselves to blame.

grenache wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Sheff Wed, a Premiership club that's been very badly run for the last ten years. That said, as much as i dislike Palace they probably just about deserved to stay up. Wednesday had lots of chances from what i'm hearing and really only have themselves to blame.

I've already vented on the championship thread, so I'll just wish Palace the best, and also well done Newcastle on the 100 points!

I've already vented on the championship thread, so I'll just wish Palace the best, and also well done Newcastle on the 100 points!

102.... But I won't rub it in.

I'll be following your progress closely next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Wednesday lacked something today, agree with Brighty about Leon Clarke he seemd like he could be the difference. Think Shaun Derry could have seen red, he wasn't just leading with the arm he also had a closed fist which shows intent IMO.

On a lighter note, between Burnley and Wednesday Brian Laws won't look back too fondly on this season...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I doubt you'll be saying that this time next season after trips to such wonderous stadia as Priestfields, Huish Park and the Memorial Ground. I'd rather Forest spend the rest of my life in the Championship's bottom half than ever having to go back to that hell hole division. When you support a reasonably big club, being outplayed by Oldham Athletic in League One on a pissy night is about as demoralising as it gets. The football isn't great and you'll be everyones cup final. You know all this from a few years ago, when it took 2 if not 3 years for you to come back up. I wish you a speedier return this time round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Delighted with today. Alan Lee is an old friend of mine. Would ideally have loved to have seen him play the Premier League at some stage in his career but will settle for him playing Championship next year for now.

Well done Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

delighted that palace stayed up

if the refs did their job right earlier on in the season, palace wouldnt be in this situation

Advertisement