Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marathon Chafing???

• 02-05-2010 11:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I running my first marathon tomorrow. I want to know how to prevent chafing between my leggs? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

plenty of vaseline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Try Body Glide or lots and lots of Vaseline, no harm to carry a small pocket size tin with you so you can reapply if necessary! Best of luck with the run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Another vote for Vaseline - and the more the better. Good luck with the marathon as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Bodyglide wins hands down!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Vaseline and lots of it anywhere that your concerned about.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

bodyglide the winner for me, put it anywhere there is a seam.

However you must also have pair of shorts that don't chafe that
    have worked ok in training? Don't wear anything new.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

should i put some vaseline on my nipples aswell?

paky wrote: »

yep and under your arms/across shoulders at the seams/across stomach where laces on shorts rub etc etc, between your toes and across your heels. Although if you have had nipple issues in training I'd also tape them up with micropore tape.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Definitely.

hey just got back. thanks for the advice. the vaseline worked and i taped my nipples lol. i did it in 4 hours 20minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Congrats! Hope its the first of many. Fantastic time, just 10 min pace, good job!

Congrats! Hope its the first of many. Fantastic time, just 10 min pace, good job!

thanks very much :)

hey just got back. thanks for the advice. the vaseline worked and i taped my nipples lol. i did it in 4 hours 20minutes.

excellent, well done.

Advertisement