Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about grades?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

If you feel a tutor has marked your paper unfairly, is there any way to get it re-checked?

Cheers in advance :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Ask them to recheck is the first step, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Go to your lecturer, get them to recheck. Don't go to the tutor. This happened to me back in first year, got a D-, brought it to the lecturer got bumped up to a B-(turns out tutor was actually retarded).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

El Siglo wrote: »
    Go to your lecturer, get them to recheck. Don't go to the tutor. This happened to me back in first year, got a D-, brought it to the lecturer got bumped up to a B-(turns out tutor was actually retarded).

I love the way you write this in such a way that it sounds like some mentally handicapped person had slipped through the cracks of the UCD tutor system and was only discovered when he/she gave you a dodgy essay result. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I love the way you write this in such a way that it sounds like some mentally handicapped person had slipped through the cracks of the UCD tutor system and was only discovered when he/she gave you a dodgy essay result. :D

Well she did the same to one of the other lads in the tutorial group, it was a history essay on the Russian Revolution and we had to do a critique of Richard Pipes, turns out tutor was in the same line of thinking as Pipes (she told the other fella that she was conservative). Hence, retarded person who tried to fuck me over, but she is in no way indicative of the tutors there, more a 'one in a million'.;)

Advertisement