Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skater Chicks iin Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spiderlover

yeah me to I'm always looking for girls to skate with!!

I skate Gorey alot but I'm from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Female skaters are a major minority in Ireland.

Only two of us in Kilkenny. Haven't even heard of any others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

My friend comes longboarding with us all the time. Now, we're all not long into longboarding so we're not pros or anything but she used to skateboard too when she was younger.

Oh and we mostly frequent Phoenix park and Bushy.
    Be cool to organise a skating/longboarding meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Eebs wrote: »
    My friend comes longboarding with us all the time. Now, we're all not long into longboarding so we're not pros or anything but she used to skateboard too when she was younger.

Oh and we mostly frequent Phoenix park and Bushy.
    Be cool to organise a skating/longboarding meet up.

A meet up would be awesome.

A meet up is a great idea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

girls don't really 'do' anything in Ireland. Very rare to find a girl who'll go cycling or walking let alone skateboarding.They do seem to play rugby more and more these days which seems bizarre.

Best bet is to travel around to all the different parks and if you see a girl, make friends.

Whenever Im down the local skatepark it's the girls sitting around watching the guys trying to impress them via bmx or skateboard... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Truley wrote: »
    Where I live they have girls' surfing and kayaking weekends. Maybe we could organise something for girl skaters? Not that I'm trying to push some kind of feminist agenda or anything :p But I imagine alot of girls feel intimidated going to skateparks without feeling like they're trying to flirt with guys and show off. I know I do! Also I think by nature girl's don't learn at quite the same pace as lads, not as keen on taking big risks. As well as that it would be a great chance to meet new people and promote skating as a girls' sport. Would anyone be up for doing something like this?
    Guys don't like handrails for a reason.

talk of a meet up but no plans...who's up for it?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 suzy_2005ie

Hey! Im like skate boarding and rollerblading.

I would be up for meeting up with a few ppl to go skating some time.
    I just have to get new wheels for my blades and a new skateboard ;)

Im up for learning a few tricks when i get my skateboard

Hey Suzie,

That sounds great...hit us up when ever :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Elina T

Heya, Im from Cork and iv been skating for a while now. Mardyke park mostly. Ya i agree, there is zero girls out here, but that doesnt bother me at all. although i would like some female competition once in a while:P I know this post is very late:P

hahahhah you got some competition lol! let's skate!

na seriously it's really cool there's another girl skating! that makes a whole 3 I know of including myself! we should defo organise a jam somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Elina T

Fo sho! Are you in Dublin ya? I was in bushy park about 2 weeks ago, WOW, the ramps were great, way bigger than the ones in cork anyway. Im never in dublin to be honest, but if your around cork, gimme a shout. You can add me on facebook too if you like:)
    http://www.facebook.com/MilkNoSugarBaby

Advertisement