Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Eto'o has been sent off in a friendly form Cameroon thinks its two yellows will this have any bans or anything put in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

peabutler wrote: »
    Eto'o has been sent off in a friendly form Cameroon thinks its two yellows will this have any bans or anything put in place.

I think he will miss the Japan game which is a huge blow for Cameroon. Shocking behaviour from a captain.

what did he do, I only saw he had been sent off on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Can't believe he wants to throw away probably his last opportunity of making a big impact in a World Cup so much.

Denmark and Holland to go through in that group now, I think.

Complaining to the ref and then a silly little kick out. Ya know, taking one for the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

High tackle on Portugese player!

Just stupid really, would not be suprised to see him walk away from it all, especially if Milla has another few words.

Paraguay youngster Barrios scored again. That's 3 in 3 for the lad for his country, maybe Steve Staunton was right about him!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Don't rule out the dour Swiss going through instead! I would prefer it to be Chile though.

The Swiss are absolutely atrocious, it's a miracle they even made it to the WC , they'll be going home after the group stages are over imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Just lookin at Flashscore there and saw AC Milan beat Montreal Impact 4-1 with Pato, Seedorf, Inzaghi and Ronaldinho scoring. Man, Pato and Ronaldinho must be so pissed off right now having to play these matches. I think they must be doing a tour of North America or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Anyone be able to tell me who first choice penalty takers for Spain, Argentina and Brazil are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Anyone be able to tell me who first choice penalty takers for Spain, Argentina and Brazil are?

I would presume they're Villa, Messi and Fabiano?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ian_K wrote: »
    I would presume they're Villa, Messi and Fabiano?

This is just a guess now:

Spain: Alonso, Villa, Xavi, Fabregas
    Argentina: Tevez, Veron, Messi, Aguero
    Brazil: KaKa, Fabiano, Robinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

First choice in recent years are : Villa, Messi and Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Not sure if this has popped up here or elsewhere but it's a pretty good WC calendar.

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Injury alerts for Drogba and Ferdinand.

mike65 wrote: »
    Injury alerts for Drogba and Ferdinand.

Yeah if Rio is out think Capello will be regretting bringing Ledley King already, I can't see a Terry King/Dawson/Carra working as all are to slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

rarnes1 wrote: »

If it is that world cup group just got a lot less interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Hopefully this is like the time John Terry broke his foot because whatever people's opinions about the man the WC will be poorer for not having him. The only interesting group would not be so interesting and he is the most high profile African player in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Drogba out, broken arm

skelliser wrote: »
    Drogba out, broken arm

Uncomfirmed Fractured Elbow to be scanned last I heard :rolleyes:

Uncomfirmed Fractured Elbow to be scanned last I heard :rolleyes:

Its all over twitter, he is defo out

Its all over twitter, he is defo out

Oh yea just like John Terry's broken metertarsal nearly forgot Twitter is 100% all the time.

EDIT: I am not saying he is not injured what im saying is that it is an injury waiting to be scanned so no need for the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

ah the poor fella, thats Ivory coasts chances screwed too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

I was looking forward to seeing Drogba. Sickening for him and the Ivory Coast

First it's the daily mail and secondly Sven said

Manager Sven Goran Eriksson has conceded that losing Drogba would be a huge blow to his side's chances in South Africa.
    He said: 'It's an elbow injury but we don't know how bad it is, we are going straight to the hospital and I think we should get an answer before we leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

baldbear wrote: »
    I was looking forward to seeing Drogba. Sickening for him and the Ivory Coast
    The man actually puts me off watching football. He is a disgrace to the game, and I hope he misses out on the whole tournament.

talksport are confirming it on there twitter as well

talksport are confirming it on there twitter as well

As long as you keep mentioning Twitter im going to disregard your posts. Drogba was taking to hospital for a scan on an elbow injury much the same as Terry a few weeks ago that does not mean the injury is confirmed ffs.

ESPN
    SION, Switzerland -- Ivory Coast captain Didier Drogba broke his right arm during a 2-0 victory against Japan in a warmup for the World Cup on Friday.

Drogba limped off after a high 15th-minute challenge by Japan defender Marcus Tulio Tanaka. The Chelsea star could miss the tournament.

"It's an elbow injury, for sure. How bad it is, I don't know. He had a lot of pain," coach Sven Goran-Eriksson said before a team spokesman announced it was a broken arm. "Of course I'm worried. He's our captain and one of the best players in the world."
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5250486/ce/us/didier-drogba-broken-arm?campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5250486&cc=5739&ver=global

• Advertisement

Oh the Daily Mail...... then it must be true. I think what trying to say is that until it's confirmed by the Ivory Coast, not Twitter/Daily Mail I'll be hopeful that it's just bruising or something and that he'll be playing.

OMG, stop putting blooming links, the only sight I will take for sure is bbc sport when it says a 'confirmed' injury

As long as you keep mentioning Twitter im going to disregard your posts. Drogba was taking to hospital for a scan on an elbow injury much the same as Terry a few weeks ago that does not mean the injury is confirmed ffs.

Dont shoot the messenger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

OMG, stop putting blooming links, the only sight I will take for sure is bbc sport when it says a 'confirmed' injury

Why only BBC Sport!!?

Cos they wait soooooooooooooo long it must be true by the time they run with a story.

• Advertisement

Gillington wrote: »
    Why only BBC Sport!!?

I've found the other ones id use jump on stories to quick before they are reliable, such as Sky Sports reporting Martin O' Neill had left only to take it down a few hours later etc.

The man actually puts me off watching football. He is a disgrace to the game, and I hope he misses out on the whole tournament.

Are you a fan of good football? Everyone else wants him to play cos he's a great player and will make the group interesting.

To be honest Torres annoys me. He comes across as childish sometimes and having no charisma. But I still hope he plays in the world cup cos it'll be better for having him there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He is out. Every fecking source i've seen have said confirmed fracture. The Gurdian, soccernet, etc, etc, etc. all reliable sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Apparently he's after ruling himself out. I don't like him myself but he is a great goalscorer/cheat. I always like seeing the best players in the WC and love him or hate him he is one of the best goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

oh for christ sake, its been confirmed by most other sites and a lot of journos on twitter.

the reason they use twitter is that they can post it straight away, otherwise they'd have to type of a whole article and might not be beside a machine to do so.

deal with it

event wrote: »
    oh for christ sake, its been confirmed by most other sites and a lot of journos on twitter.

the reason they use twitter is that they can post it straight away, otherwise they'd have to type of a whole article and might not be beside a machine to do so.

deal with it

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What a huge elblow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What a huge elblow.

Its a f*cking disgrace!

Thats handy for the Ivory Coasts rivals (Portugal)

• Advertisement
Advertisement