Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dutch league final day

• 02-05-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

RK TEAM P W D L GS GA W D L GS GA W D L GS GA GD Pts
    1 Twente Enschede 33 26 5 2 61 23 16 1 0 37 10 10 4 2 24 13 38 83
    2 Ajax Amsterdam 33 26 4 3 102 19 16 1 0 64 4 10 3 3 38 15 83 82

14:30 NAC Breda ? - ? FC Twente Enschede
    14:30 NEC Nijmegen ? - ? Ajax Amsterdam

All that really matters for sure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I love to ajax winning it but i just cant see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Headshot wrote: »
    for sure I love to ajax winning it but i just cant see it

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon on Shteve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ive been more interested at the other end of the table, where my mates team, Den Haag, have been in a relegation battle for most of the season.

Luckily their 4-0 win last week has them safe so Im delighted.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ajax have a GD of +83?! Sweet jesus.

Have always been fond of Ajax so I'll be cheering them on...Shorry Shteve

• Advertisement

I reckon Suárez will have a field day today

off to pp to find the odds on 2 or more goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really want McClaren to win it! and Stoch! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Come one Twente!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Have a lot of time for BMJ so hope Ajax do it today.

102 goals scored is just phenomenal.

ajax 1 up with thanks to Suárez

get another please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Can't even watch that Steve McLaren video, I'm actually too embarrassed for him.

HT NAC Breda 0 - 1 FC Twente Enschede
    HT NEC Nijmegen 0 - 3 Ajax Amsterdam

NAC had a man sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I was reading it in one of the papers yesterday that Its not illegal in Holland to offer other teams cash bonus's to win their matches and Ajax have offered NAC a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

yabadabado wrote: »
    I was reading it in one of the papers yesterday that Its not illegal in Holland to offer other teams cash bonus's to win their matches and Ajax have offered NAC a bonus.

That's crazy.

Headshot wrote: »
    I reckon Suárez will have a field day today

off to pp to find the odds on 2 or more goals

:)

Twente 2-0

80 mins gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Soft spot for Ajax but wouldn't mind seeing Steve do it after the shabby treatment he got.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

106 goals scored and not champions sssh, disappointed for Ajax but kudos to Schteve and Twente.

Well done to Shteve, wonder will this prompt a move back to England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

STOCH!!!Seals the league for Twente and McClaren. :) Great day. :)

• Advertisement

Well done McClaren!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Quite pleased for Steve McClaren. He got hounded by the tabloids in the UK for failing as England manager (not as if anyone else has failed to meet expectations there). He's a capable club manager though, he's done great to beat an entertaining Ajax team to the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

well done to McClaren and Twente.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

My Dutch Nimegen supporting friend thinks that McClaren interview is the funniest thing he's ever seen. Well done to Schteeve! Took a lot of balls starting anew in a foreign country after his England nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He still does the accent but very mild compared to what it was. :D

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6129690,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Fair play to Steve, but my heart will always have a place for PSV...

Good to see McClaren finally restore his reputation though. A good coach for a long long time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Now that that formality is out of the way, the real business can begin. Eerste divisie play-offs start this week, with 8 teams involved, including Go-Ahead Eagles who play Cambuur Leeuwarden over two legs in their semi-final tie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Disappointed Ajax didn't win. I wouldn't say I'm a keen viewer of the Eredivisie, but I tune in now-and-then to see how Ajax do.

I'm also disappointed there's a thread for the final day of the league, but not for the league in general. This forum suffers from tunnel vision when it comes to football. England and Barcelona... the book stops there :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's a general 'end of the season wind-up' thread discussing the various leagues knocking about but it's not a very popular thread. The forum is way too anglocentric, even for an Irish site, but you can't very well force people to be interested in other leagues.

This forum suffers from tunnel vision when it comes to football. England and Barcelona... the book stops there :)

Im a Pats and Sevilla fan :confused:

I have been watching this league battle, its been brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Disappointed Ajax didn't win. I wouldn't say I'm a keen viewer of the Eredivisie, but I tune in now-and-then to see how Ajax do.

I'm also disappointed there's a thread for the final day of the league, but not for the league in general. This forum suffers from tunnel vision when it comes to football. England and Barcelona... the book stops there :)

:confused:

The forum suffers even more from fans who get a kick out of criticising the viewing habits of other fans tbh.:pac:

There's a general 'end of the season wind-up' thread discussing the various leagues knocking about but it's not a very popular thread. The forum is way too anglocentric, even for an Irish site, but you can't very well force people to be interested in other leagues.

Having no language barrier certainly helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

good to see mclaren sticking his fingers up to the wally with the brolly brigade

• Advertisement

McClaren now linked to the Wolfsburg job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

JPA wrote: »
    McClaren now linked to the Wolfsburg job.

It'd be a shame to see him move along so soon. You'd think he would at least stick with them for their first Champions League season. Wolfsburg aren't going anywhere fast, especially when Dzeko and Grafite are snapped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I keep an eye on what's happening from time to time but it's hard to follow it, don't really get enough exposure to know much about the clubs and the players apart from the ones you see in the CL. Plus the defending in Holland is absolutely woeful, good technical players in abundance, but horrible defensive organization across the league imo. I always cheer Holland on though in the international tournaments for reasons I cannot remember at this stage.
    RichTea wrote: »
    It'd be a shame to see him move along so soon. You'd think he would at least stick with them for their first Champions League season. Wolfsburg aren't going anywhere fast, especially when Dzeko and Grafite are snapped up.

I'd imagine he'll stay... can't find any links but I think he was in the frame for quite a few jobs last season too after his initial success, think Hamburg were one. Doubt he'd entertain all but the biggest sides tbh now that he has the opportunity to manage in the CL, be daft to move somewhere else without European football at this moment in time. If he managed to get Twente into the knockout rounds... well it'd do wonders for his CV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

flahavaj wrote: »
    :confused:

The forum suffers even more from fans who get a kick out of criticising the viewing habits of other fans tbh.:pac:

Well in fairness I'm a Bundesliga devout viewer so your highlighted "bits" there are null. I also said I tune into Eredivisie when I can. My point is more along the lines of the forum being too centered around the UK. Nothing wrong with Eredivisie/Bundesliga/French League threads to spice things up.

Advertisement