Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing the wall after NTL

• 02-05-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

After some painting and decorating I came across a damaged portion of the wall left behind by the NTL engineer.
    I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas for any covers that can be used to house the cable outputs.
    There appears to be a draft coming in from the whole also.

You can see it in better detail in the pics attached.

All help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

you could probably buy either a blank plate or a single tv point. if u get a tv point you can usually remove the guts from the back of them leaving u with a blank plate with a hole in it. remove the splitter and feed the cable through the hole in the blank plate. re attach the splitter and screw the plate to the back box. job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

you could probably buy either a blank plate or a single tv point. if u get a tv point you can usually remove the guts from the back of them leaving u with a blank plate with a hole in it. remove the splitter and feed the cable through the hole in the blank plate. re attach the splitter and screw the plate to the back box. job done

Sounds good. Thanking you.

Where is best to pick up the blank plate or tv point in Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

any electrical wholesalers or diy shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

you will have to fix the metal box in the wall first. looks to be just hanging there. a blank plate will cost less then a euro so an easy and cheap fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'd replace the metal box with a plasterboard pattress (you might have to remove the piece of wood that's in behind it as well). You can then use any standard coax output. I presume the splitter is just for TV/FM and not splitting the signal? Woodies/B&Q/any electrical wholesaler will have all the bits you need.

Just don't cut the cable if you can at all help it (having to re-run if you cut it short, would be a pain).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Replied are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Advertisement