Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latitude Festival in Surrey

Options
  • 02-05-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Never heard of Latitude but came across it while flicking through a mag about festivals. It's at the end of July in Surrey, UK, and this year's lineup looks pretty sweet:

http://www.latitudefestival.co.uk/lineup/

I think it's similar in idea to EP (which I love) but I can't seem to find many reviews of it or anything!

Anyone had any experience of it or heard anything good/bad about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's nothing like EP really. Latitude is quite a bit smaller and actually sticks to the ethos of a boutique festival. There's a more diverse selection of acts and a big emphasis on the poetry/comedy/theatre side of things.

I'm going myself this year. I've heard nothing but good things about this festival from friends who have attended in the last 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

eth0_ wrote: »
    It's nothing like EP really. Latitude is quite a bit smaller and actually sticks to the ethos of a boutique festival. There's a more diverse selection of acts and a big emphasis on the poetry/comedy/theatre side of things.

I'm going myself this year. I've heard nothing but good things about this festival from friends who have attended in the last 2 years.

So it's not the place to go if you like to get a little out of it so to speak?!! I don't mean to sound deliberately immature but I'm honest in saying that part of the festival experience for me is the whole crazy party element! I have to admit I'm not interested in a relaxed, chilled-out sort of weekend if that's what it is (regardless of its overall its similarities/differences from EP or Oxygen).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's not really a festival for pill-heads, if that's what you mean :)
    Maybe ask on the efestivals forums.

Advertisement