Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiments

Options
  • 02-05-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

What is the talk of what Chemistry/Biology experiments are coming up this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ricadoo

Well for Chemistry at least there's always a titration Q - bleach one hasn't come up ever, so it's worth a look at! Look over the Organic ones - prep of ethene, ethyne, esters etc... and maybe the Mr. of a volatile liquid is likely. Other than that my advice would be to just learn them all, there not that hard!!

As for Biology, my bets are on the IAA and other plant experiments and the enzymes...

That's just what I've heard of so far. Hope it helps a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

the heart dissection hasnt come up since 2004 so cud be a possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

ricadoo wrote: »
    Well for Chemistry at least there's always a titration Q - bleach one hasn't come up ever, so it's worth a look at! Look over the Organic ones - prep of ethene, ethyne, esters etc... and maybe the Mr. of a volatile liquid is likely. Other than that my advice would be to just learn them all, there not that hard!!

The easy ones came up last year MWAHAHAHAHA...... >_>

Yeah last years paper was delightful :) (Iron tab, ethene/ethyne, anions/flame tests)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I truly hate last year -.-. They got off so easily D=.

EDIT : No, they didn't with the english problem but I'm jealous of their paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Chemistry: Bleach, RMM of Volatile Liquid, Benzoic Acid Exp, Ethanal, % water of crystallisation are what I'm focusing on, but obviously just do them all, its worth being able to do the 3 of them and only 5 long questions ;)

Biology: Osmosis, DNA Isolation, Pulse Exp, Germination. But again, just loo over them all :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement