Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed for Broadband connection problem

• 02-05-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope I'm in the right forum...

I have a problem at home in that I can't connect to the internet. There seems to be a wireless connection to the router, but no internet connection. I'm with Eircom - could this be just a network problem? The "internet" light on the router was off all morning, except as I left the house it seemed to be red.

Is it a case of ringing the ISP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Try switching the modem off and on again. The red light indicates a problem of some sort, but a reboot will often fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I'd rebooted it this morning, but unfortunately it didn't help :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Might be time to contact eircom, could be a problem with DSL in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Been talking to tech support, should be sorted ina couple days - thanks for the help, was hoping it wasn't a new modem issue but that's what it seems to be. I miss the wifi!

Advertisement