Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Charged Twice For Messages On Meteor

Options
  • 02-05-2010 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Any time it comes down to my last euro of credit,
    I always get charged twice for sending texts.

I get charged 24c instead of 12c,
    this ever happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

I'm on bill and have calculated around €30 overcharged. Thanx to mms being sent 3-5 time and saying could not send. But it hs been received and I get charged 3-5 times...

But this is because i have a Hero, you know the phone that doesn't work on meteor! Which i one of the many reasons i'm leaving Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

But how many SMS are you actually sending ? 1 SMS = 160 characters....therefore if you send 161 characters the network separates these into 2 linked messages charging you for 2 messages because 2 messages were sent.

When your writing your SMS you should see a Breakdown at the top of the screen, as your writing there will be a figure counting down from 160 with 1/1 beside it, over 160 characters it will count down again but will say 2/2 and so on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement