Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking ticket

• 02-05-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure what forum this is best suited to, but I got a parking ticket about 2 weeks ago. I payed for my car park spot and displayed the parking ticket as per instructions. Came back about 30 minutes later with time still on my ticket and I got a 40 euro fine for not displaying my ticket. Slightly confused as the only square white piece of paper on my black dashboard was the fcuking pay and display ticket thing. I wrote them a letter but I have yet to get a reply. I left them my address, email and phone number. The fine will not be paid, and I still have my ticket kept safely. Any suggestions as to what to do? Wait for a summons? Do nothing? I dunno... Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Not sure what forum this is best suited to, but I got a parking ticket about 2 weeks ago. I payed for my car park spot and displayed the parking ticket as per instructions. Came back about 30 minutes later with time still on my ticket and I got a 40 euro fine for not displaying my ticket. Slightly confused as the only square white piece of paper on my black dashboard was the fcuking pay and display ticket thing. I wrote them a letter but I have yet to get a reply. I left them my address, email and phone number. The fine will not be paid, and I still have my ticket kept safely. Any suggestions as to what to do? Wait for a summons? Do nothing? I dunno... Thanks :)

Phone that districts ticketing dept.

Happened me in Blackrock, nearly sure I had to phone Dun Laoghaire.

They made me send in both and then canceled the fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have you got any Hamlets on you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Send them a photocopy of the ticket (obviously with the date on it) again (if need be) and send it by registered post to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

This sort of happened to me before.
    I parked somewhere, hadn't got a ticket displayed and then got a parking ticket.
    Someone I knew had a parking ticket for that time and area and they agreed to give it to me.
    So I went down to the county council office that dealt with that and told them the ticket had fallen off my dashboard, but that I had purchased a ticket.
    They just took a look at the ticket and then sorted everything out, €40 fine avoided.

That was a great day.
    Very rarely do things go so well, chalk one up for the little guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    This sort of happened to me before.
    I parked somewhere, hadn't got a ticket displayed and then got a parking ticket.
    Someone I knew had a parking ticket for that time and area and they agreed to give it to me.
    So I went down to the county council office that dealt with that and told them the ticket had fallen off my dashboard, but that I had purchased a ticket.
    They just took a look at the ticket and then sorted everything out, €40 fine avoided.

That was a great day.
    Very rarely do things go so well, chalk one up for the little guy.

... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After Hours -> Motors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Phone that districts ticketing dept.

Happened me in Blackrock, nearly sure I had to phone Dun Laoghaire.

They made me send in both and then canceled the fine.

I rang the numbre on the ticket but it's an automated thing, can't talk to a person so pretty damn annoying.
    Biggins wrote: »
    Send them a photocopy of the ticket (obviously with the date on it) again (if need be) and send it by registered post to be on the safe side.

I sent them in a photocopy by normal post, along with a letter. It wasn't registered post as that costs 6 euro and I don't have a massive amount of money at the moment. I could do that next week though. Should I ask them for the price of the stamp back? :P

Anybody have any suggestions?

I didn't think motors was the best place to put this in the first place due to the nature of this forum. More mechanical, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Anybody have any suggestions?

I didn't think motors was the best place to put this in the first place due to the nature of this forum. More mechanical, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again.

You've done all you can. Personally I would send them the photocopy and not pay the fine. If it comes to court i'd have evidence. But thats just me.

There are some more ticket threads here but not sure what they say about your case. Essentially it's their word against yours.
    You could maybe ask a solicitor www.flac.ie but you need to get a response from the letter you sent first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

Hmmmmmmm these lads are not blind , white ticket black backround , not sure they would have missed it , you sure you didnt accidentally leave it in your pocket .Anyway photocopy it and send it in with a letter to the relevant authority, should be quashed .

biko wrote: »
    There are some more ticket threads here but not sure what they say about your case. Essentially it's their word against yours.
    You could maybe ask a solicitor www.flac.ie but you need to get a response from the letter you sent first.

Thanks for those links, I have yet to hear from them so no idea what the story is to be honest. Grrr...
    dekbhoy wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm these lads are not blind , white ticket black backround , not sure they would have missed it , you sure you didnt accidentally leave it in your pocket .Anyway photocopy it and send it in with a letter to the relevant authority, should be quashed .

These lads are human and subject to human flaws, such as making errors. Sent in the letter about a month ago or more, got no reply and there is no number for me to speak to anybody. It's a bit of a joke really.
    k_mac wrote: »
    You've done all you can. Personally I would send them the photocopy and not pay the fine. If it comes to court i'd have evidence. But thats just me.

That's what I would do myself, but I rather not go to court over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I have one I simply don't want to pay cause I resent Limerick City Council, the nature of their systems, all their evil works and all that they stand for.

- All advice appreciated, thanks :D

Raiser.

Pay it in Clare.

Got a letter from APCOA stating that my appeal has been rejected for the following reasons:

"Pay & display ticket not correctly displayed/ in an unreadable position:
    At the time of the offence your p&d ticket was face sown on the dashboard."

Any suggestions as to what to do?

I paid for my spot. I am not paying a further 40 euro for this. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I would write(by registered post or hand delivered) to APCOA stating that you are refusing to pay unless they provide evidence that your car had no visible pay&display ticket as you definitely bought and displayed a ticket.

If they take you to court, you have a ticket to verify you had paid, and you have receipts and copies of the letters you sent trying to be reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Tragedy wrote: »
    I would write(by registered post or hand delivered) to APCOA stating that you are refusing to pay unless they provide evidence that your car had no visible pay&display ticket as you definitely bought and displayed a ticket.

If they take you to court, you have a ticket to verify you had paid, and you have receipts and copies of the letters you sent trying to be reasonable.

Actually thats very solid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Tragedy wrote: »

+1, I've seen a few people in the Dun Laoghaire area get tickets and the guys take photos of the cars, time and date, dashboard to show there was no ticket on display so definitly ask for evidence!

Advertisement