Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasessions 2010

Options
  • 02-05-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Headed down to this last year and was the best surprise ever. Not really into surfing but great crowd and vibe. Not sure who organises it as it seems to be independent but they got a great lineup with Weller headlining. Reckon the smaller festivals is were its at now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The_Johnster

I agree, a nice surprise festival. Heard about it & headed down at the last minute. Paul Weller, Frank & Walters and Cathy Davey were all brilliant. Nice atmosphere & crowd too. Will definitly put a reminder in the calendar for nextyear. Anyone else there, what did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A good fest, Paul Weller and Kathy Davey were pretty good but the sound in the main stage was terrible, the microphones for both Weller and Davey did not do them any justice, despite great performances. Wellers set was plagued with breakdowns in which he stormed off the second time in frustration, despite these obstacles he put in a fine performance highlighting tracks from his recently released album Wake up the Nation. Im not a fan of his solo stuff too much, but he changed my opinion on it and closed the set with some Jam classics such as Thats Entertainment, Start and A Town Called Malice.

The same for Cathy Daveys set and the first time Ive caught her live, having missed her at the last few Electric Picnics, again the microphone sound was terrible, despite this again the band performed brilliantly, Davey showing her multi-instrumentalist skills, playing drums at the start of the set, guitars, banjo and what a great voice. The set consisted of tracks from her first two albums as well as her new album The Nameless.

Other highlights were the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Dark Room Notes (Friday North Stage) Andy Weatherall and a lot of the DJs throughout the weekend who kept the Reach Session Stage busy with good techno, funk and reggae, the fact of the matter being that this tent had the best sound of the whole festival. The food on offer wasnt too bad either kudos to the Eco Bus, the Thai place and the brownie burgers with lentils stall.

Nice vibe, friendly people not too many scangers although I heard contrary reports of trouble at the campsite, I just live up the road from it so wasnt camping, thankfully no trouble in the arena anyways and it didnt rain too heavily with nice sunny spells on Saturday afternoon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement