Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re H-dip and grants

Options
  • 02-05-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi folks, just had an interview for a h-dip conversion course in psychology at ucc, dont actually know if i got it or not yet. So this could all be a bit wishfull thinking!

However i would like to know if i am accepted would i qualify for the county council grant. I have already done a primary degree and know that grants are available once you are progressing ie a masters, etc, and not another primary degree.
    So just wondering if this h dip would count as a progression ie would i get the grant.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I was on full maintenance grant for my undergrad, and got it again for my h.dip converion in social policy, and again once i was accepted to my masters. Basically yeah, you're eligible for it so long as each course is a step up from the last- ie you can't go backwards (you already have a masters, then are doing a h.dip) or get the grant for 2 equivalent courses (2 masters, 2 degrees, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 merlin84

Good stuff thats what i like to hear now all I have to do is get the course thank you for taking the time to reply though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

No worries, and good luck!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

merlin84 wrote: »
    Hi folks, just had an interview for a h-dip conversion course in psychology at ucc

Just a quick question - what primary degree did you do? I just completed an arts degree in Psychology and English. Does anyone know if you have to do the HDip conversion course in order to do postgrad when you have a degree in Psych and English?

Any help would be appreciated, I am so confused!

I know that my minor in psychology was fairly useless hence why i went to do h-dip (which i have since been accepted for! so happy days). Maybe if Psychology is more than a minor it may be of use though I think nothing less than pure pscyhology is good enough to become a member of psi, hope this scant bit of info is of use

• Advertisement

theology and psychology was my degree 80/20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

ah ok, thanks! well I spoke to the head of my Psych dept, and she said Im eligible for membership of the PSI, as my degree is 50/50 Psych/English! One year off the studies then!! only a million more to go... :D

Advertisement