Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public arguments

• 02-05-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭

i was minding my own business the other day when suddenly i heard a commotion outside in the carpark (i live in an apartment block)

i went and looked out the window, and saw & heard my neighbours having a major barney

he's obviously been caught cheating, cause she was screaming "i know everything....i found out about your whore....i know it all"

he was denying it "you know what? theres nothing to know... you're imagining things"

this was followed by "I KNOW EVERYTHING" delivered in a very highpitched roar, followed quickly by tears and wailing, and her actually throwing herself on the ground

when he approached her to comfort her, she started punching him and shouting "i hate you"

he backed off, and then she took off her shoe and threw it at him

he then retorted with "you crazy b**ch"

she then started telling him to pack his bags, get out of her home and her life etc

her piece de resistance however, was to point at her boobs and go "you'll never see these again"

now, it just got me thinking... have these people no shame, no dignity, no sense of decorum??

i would never behave like that in public (or in private for that matter)

i doubt they were drunk as it was reasonably early in the morning

i remember seeing a youtube clip of knackers in athlone having a very public domestic...i'd include it here if i knew how...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

thanks biko!

"why do you ride fat women?"

"i ride anything i get"

priceless!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

When your at the receiving end, sometimes its very hard to walk away.
    As for the enraged person doing all the shouting, it could be just a final straw that has forced them to snap.
    The location then becomes immaterial to the conscious mind. It just needs to blow its gasket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

sam34 wrote: »
    i was minding my own business the other day

No you weren't :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

So you saw the woman assault the man and didn't call the cops? That would be my first reaction.

• Advertisement

peanuthead wrote: »
    No you weren't :p

yes i was :p

i just got interrupted while doing that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

yes i was :p

i just got interrupted while doing that!

O yea? Was she good? :D

Mrmoe wrote: »
    So you saw the woman assault the man and didn't call the cops? That would be my first reaction.

he would have been perfectly capable of calling them himself

it wasnt a serious assault, it wasnt a sustained assault, he wasnt incapacitated by it so he could have called them himself if he wanted to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

her piece de resistance however, was to point at her boobs and go "you'll never see these again"

I doubt he's exactly heartbroken by the sound of things?

stovelid wrote: »
    I doubt he's exactly heartbroken by the sound of things?

the lad had a lucky escape imo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

biko wrote: »

I was gonna post this clip too. :)

Even from that angle/resolution it's clear yer woman is a hippo too so I find her comments ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Biggins wrote: »
    When your at the receiving end, sometimes its very hard to walk away.
    As for the enraged person doing all the shouting, it could be just a final straw that has forced them to snap.
    The location them becomes immaterial to the conscious mind. It just needs to blow its gasket.

Perfectly put.

bonerm wrote: »

Even from that angle/resolution it's clear yer woman is a hippo too so I find her comments ironic.

i was wondering that , or was she pregnant?

he would have been perfectly capable of calling them himself

it wasnt a serious assault, it wasnt a sustained assault, he wasnt incapacitated by it so he could have called them himself if he wanted to

Fair enough, if I was there I would have at least reported it. I would do the same if roles were reversed but I guess we live in a society where if a woman lays a hand on a man it is seen as much less serious that if it was the other way around:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

or was she pregnant?

Frequently, no doubt.

i was wondering that , or was she pregnant?

Probably. The good-looking knacker never fúcks up the arse.

Fair enough, if I was there I would have at least reported it. I would do the same if roles were reversed but I guess we live in a society where if a woman lays a hand on a man it is seen as much less serious that if it was the other way around:mad:

no, actually, this wasnt a gender issue and stop trying to turn it into one.

if it had been a sustained assault, a serious one that left him badly injured, an assault that rendered him incapable of walking away and getting help for himself, then i would have been on the phone.

however, he got a few punches and a shoe thrown at him.

he did not appear hurt, he was able to go from crouching to standing position after the punches, and able to walk away after the shoe was thrown.

he didnt need anyone else intervening or calling the cops.

if the genders had been reversed, and she was the one in receipt of the punches etc, i would not have called the guards either, as long as she was as capable of getting away from the situation as he was.

so it was nothing to do with gender, it was all to do with the fact that this was a relatively minor dispute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I hate having arguments, but they happen from time to time.

As a poker dealer/poker tournament director, you have to be good at keeping your cool tho, especially if angry/drunk/losing players are involved. This 'practice' helps me keep my cool better than most people I reckon.

I love seeing people making gobshítes out of themselves having stupid arguments in public tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

bonerm wrote: »

I can't understand a word of it :confused:

no, actually, this wasnt a gender issue and stop trying to turn it into one.

if it had been a sustained assault, a serious one that left him badly injured, an assault that rendered him incapable of walking away and getting help for himself, then i would have been on the phone.

however, he got a few punches and a shoe thrown at him.

he did not appear hurt, he was able to go from crouching to standing position after the punches, and able to walk away after the shoe was thrown.

he didnt need anyone else intervening or calling the cops.

if the genders had been reversed, and she was the one in receipt of the punches etc, i would not have called the guards either, as long as she was as capable of getting away from the situation as he was.

so it was nothing to do with gender, it was all to do with the fact that this was a relatively minor dispute.

No problem, I'm just stating what I would have done and why I would have done so.:)

• Advertisement

peanuthead wrote: »
    I can't understand a word of it :confused:

Not to worry. Everyone is catered for....

No problem, I'm just stating what I would have done and why I would have done so.:)

well, you also effectively accused me of being sexist against the man in this situation.

well, you also effectively accused me of being sexist against the man in this situation.

Sorry, that wasn't my intention, kiss and make up?;)

Sorry, that wasn't my intention, kiss and make up?;)

done!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

There is very little that i enjoy doing in front of strangers to be honest. Loud arguing also a big no-no

I think the trick is not to shout back - anyone who is only hearing the argument will hopefully assume the girl is arguing with someone else or talking to herself. Yes wishful thinking, but I dont think that a "who can shout louder" match is the answer to any situation

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lingardx

i have a 3 bedroom house, my sister lives up the stairs with her ... lesbian lover. there's a side door entrance so i never see them but boy you can hear them! they fight almost twice a week, resulting in things been broken, alot of shouting and a lot of slamming doors. there's been one time when they were obviously drunk and the lover of my sister came to the house and started throwing stones because my sister wouldn't speak to her, that resulted in my sister getting very angry going into the street and starting what can only be described as a bitch fight. end result the police come and they are in the cells for a weekend. it is so embarrassing but sometimes when something like that happens people don't care for where they are as another poster said it could be the last straw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

now, it just got me thinking... have these people no shame, no dignity, no sense of decorum??.

Toughie.

Let me think about it.

Please don't bump old threads.
    Thanking you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement