Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loop?

• 02-05-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

You know them gadgets that you can plug into your guitar and amp and record a piece of music you play and play it while you put some more over it? Are they called loopers or something, can't remember.

How much would the cheapest one be? Ballpark.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Yeah, a looper. A lot of delay pedals have them built in, like the Boss DD-x pedals, the Akai Headrush, the Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. Stand alone loop pedals like the Boss RC-x, Digitech JamMan, are sorta expensive, but cool in that you can save loops in them when the pedal is turned off, that sort of stuff.

I guess the Boss RC-2 might be cheapest?

The thing I like about ones like the Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai is that you get a full-featured delay pedal as well. The SMMwH allows you to double the loop speed, so if you record a phrase while the loop is playing at 2xTempo, when you slow it back to normal speed the new phrase will be an octave lower. Same goes for slowing the loop down to put a phrase up an octave. And you can reverse the loop, record a phrase, then turn it back. Cool stuff like that, but I'm sure the standalone loopers let you do stuff like this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Deadly. Loads of info in that post.

You're a (rock) star!

166 isn't too bad. Thought they'd be more expensive. How much would an effects pedal with looper built in be? The cheapest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

kraggy wrote: »
    166 isn't too bad. Thought they'd be more expensive. How much would an effects pedal with looper built in be? The cheapest?

€135? The looper will be very basic, but you get a great delay pedal with it. That won't do any of the speed changing/reversing stuff I was talking about, and AFAIK, it'll be one-take looping with no metronome, if you make a mistake in an overdub and want to re-do you'll have to start from scratch, it won't save any loops when you power it off - at least that's the way it is on my DD-6.

You could probably go cheaper, like one of the €50 Behringer pedals, but as far as I know, they only have something like a one second loop, so it's unusable in most contexts. Since you're interested in looping primarily, I guess you won't have any use for one second loops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

The Line 6 DL4 (http://www.thomann.de/ie/line6_dl4.htm) has a looper on it too.

Advertisement