Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Chamber Orchestra not in the park

Options
  • 02-05-2010 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

As part of the Riverfest the music in the Peoples Park yesterday was meant to be by the Irish Chamber Orchestra. Went along, first there was a guy playing a violin, which was fine, listened for a while. Then from a bit away I head bag pipes being played, although quite badly, and they seemed to repeat all the tunes a few times. But no chamber orchestra??? Anyone know why it was advertised but never happened. Stayed til around 2.45, since it was meant to be finishing up around 3, we guessed we wouldn't miss it.

Really disappointed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I was looking for the just writing my name event.. i wonder were they both cancelled due to the rain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I too was awfully disappointed.
    I really don't want to knock one great endeavour by the city but I was expecting an actual orchestra and was very disappointed that it was only one member playing his violin, not that he wasn't very talented but not what I expected.
    I had thought that we were going to be treated to Limerick showing their finest (and that the sound system would work...I didn't get a word of what he said)...oh well!

I'll check it out again but hope it's more professional the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Millie wrote: »
    I too was awfully disappointed.
    I really don't want to knock one great endeavour by the city but I was expecting an actual orchestra and was very disappointed that it was only one member playing his violin, not that he wasn't very talented but not what I expected.
    I had thought that we were going to be treated to Limerick showing their finest (and that the sound system would work...I didn't get a word of what he said)...oh well!

I'll check it out again but hope it's more professional the next time.

I didn't hear anything he said either. Didn't realise he was 'them'. well thanks for replying anyway. Was actually looking forward to something decent being on in Limerick for once.... :(

Advertisement