Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Bar Comedy - Where to buy tickets in advance?

• 02-05-2010 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Where can I book tickets in advance for the International Bar comedy for this friday? Or can this be done at all?

I remember going a few years ago and the queue to get in was absolutely horrible so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, you pretty much have to wait by the door by the stairs and leg it up when they open the doors.

You could always go on a Thursday or Sunday night when it wouldn't be as busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

So how early before the doors open would I have to stand around at the door to ensure we get tickets?

About 15 minutes unless you're willing to push people out of the way. :D

Larianne wrote: »
    About 15 minutes unless you're willing to push people out of the way. :D

Thats not too bad.

Is there a pub across the road from it do you know where I could keep an eye on whether the queue is getting big or not?

• Advertisement

Well it's upstairs in a pub, The International Bar. :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Well it's upstairs in a pub, The International Bar. :D

Oh is the bar downstairs open before the gig starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

04072511 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Where can I book tickets in advance for the International Bar comedy for this friday? Or can this be done at all?

I remember going a few years ago and the queue to get in was absolutely horrible so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks

I'm surprised you can remember being there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There's usually two shows on a Friday isn't there (or is that on Saturday)? So in the event you can't get in to the first show you should be able to get into the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the saturday is the 2 shows a day! friday you just have to get there early and have a few drinks downstairs before you go up! if you are there for when the doors open you will be ok (you may not get a seat unless you are there earlier though)

• Advertisement
Advertisement