Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a good arcade stick for the xbox360?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I got myself SSFIV there on Friday and have being playing most of this weekend, great improvement from 4 so far, good job Capcom!

Anyway, I'm considering getting an arcade stick in the next week or 2 to play the game as the Xbox's controller is hard to use and I find it impossible to execute certain moves on it. ( I want to be well trained on it for when the tournament DLC comes out ) I don't have a lot of money to play around with so what would be the best Arcade Stick that I could get for the Xbox 360 at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Go for the fight pad in HMV. It's only 25 euro and I found it better than the hori which is twice the price.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If money is indeed a big issue then the fightpad might indeed be your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If money is the problem get the hori ex2 or Madcats SE.

You might even get them on ebay cheap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If money is the problem get the hori ex2 or Madcats SE.

You might even get them on ebay cheap.

Indeed, if The SE is not too dear it's a good idea, you will have to swap some parts out sooner rather than later if yo keep playing though.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Swapping is for the weak. STOCK parts for the win :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find the fightpads to be utterly useless. Go for the arcade stick option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I think it depends on what you mainly played SF with when you were younger. I did'nt play much in the arcade,played on the snes and megadrive instead, so playing with a D-pad feels much more natural to me. I've found the fight pads to be far superior to any main stream controller for fighting games. 360 D-pad is terrible and despite what some people say the PS3's D-pad is'nt much better.

Advertisement