Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption Price in retailers?

• 02-05-2010 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

I As many people are going to purchase this game and I can get it online for 42 euro. Just wondering does anyone know what the retailers in Dublin will be selling it for when it comes out,? anywhere selling it for 40-45 quid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You won't find that out until closer to release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

a friend of mine paid 59 in gamestop dunlaoighaire to prebook the collectors edition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

HMV usually sell high profile releases for €45 for a limited period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

grimm2005 wrote: »
    HMV usually sell high profile releases for €45 for a limited period

True, MY mate bought Left for dead 2 for 35 from HMV on the release day, and after Xmas they pushed it up by 15 euro? The purpose of this I dont know?

I hope HMV sell it for 45,because I have a HMV voucher for 10 that will lower it to 35 quid, plus Ill be playing the game on the morning it comes out! The game looks absolutely amazing, just have to convince a few friends to get it with me so I can form a gang.

a friend of mine paid 59 in gamestop dunlaoighaire to prebook the collectors edition!

Ray whats in the special edition do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

According to Game this is the special edition
    Limited Edition Contents:
    THE RED DEAD REDEMPTION GAME
    THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT: John Marston's "Deadly Assassin" outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight.
    THE WAR HORSE: There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.
    THE GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK: The player who wields the exclusive Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

apparently downloadable content that u can unlock but i was told it will take forever to unlock the stuff as the game is meant to be huge like so im defo in for the collectors apart from that im unsure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Smyths are sometimes good for new releases as well

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    I As many people are going to purchase this game and I can get it online for 42 euro. Just wondering does anyone know what the retailers in Dublin will be selling it for when it comes out,? anywhere selling it for 40-45 quid?

Where online is it €42?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

paul150 wrote: »
    According to Game this is the special edition

Those kind of special editions often put me off as I'm afraid they'll make the game too easy starting off or something. Would make me wary that it would throw off the difficulty balance of the game, at the start anyway, if you're able to bribe officials that you normally wouldnt be able to and stuff like that.

• Advertisement

zefer wrote: »
    Where online is it €42?

On CDWOW.ie including 10 percent student discount.

HMV will be selling the standard version for 44.99

And the Limited edition for 59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

keep an eye nor tesco. Big releases sometimes do be 35 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

zefer wrote: »
    Where online is it €42?

Amazon have it for £34.99 and free shipping to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    HMV will be selling the standard version for 44.99

And the Limited edition for 59.99

FCUK!!! An extra 15 quid for some software bonuses?????

It's gonna cost me 0 cuz my gf is getting it for my bday and i have a week off work the week after its released!!!

sorry to rub that in, here is a great fact sheet on the IGN boards that has been kept updated. A ton of info on the game. Anything in green is new info and purple is not 100% confirmed or may change.

http://boards.ign.com/red_dead_revolver/b6186/187697867/p1

Lol that the author called it red dead revolver but it is def about redemption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Amazon have it for £34.99 and free shipping to Ireland.
    . But I thought Amazon don't ship games to Ireland

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    . But I thought Amazon don't ship games to Ireland

They do indeed, I've been buying from them for a while now, faster and cheaper than play and cdwow most of the time. They changed their policy in Dec '08 I believe. Free delivery to Ireland on items over £25.

Some things they still won't ship, like HDTVs:(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

They do indeed, I've been buying from them for a while now, faster and cheaper than play and cdwow most of the time. They changed their policy in Dec '08 I believe. Free delivery to Ireland on items over £25.

If you order it online, will it be here on release day, or a few days after?

They usually send it a day early, most likely get it on the Monday. I have Alan Wake LE preordered with them and it's due to ship this Thursday according to my account so I won't have it on Friday with the free shipping. Their express next day shipping option could do it but it's costly and you would be better off buying it here in a shop.

Try Asda or the Hut. I have gotten games on release day from them before or a few times a day early:pac:. Their prices do be good most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone know what xtravision are selling the normal/special edition for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ok, it's just back in January I was ordering the Beatles Rock Band from them for 20£ but it said I couldn't get it shipped to Ireland, so I had to buy it from another seller on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here are 2 previews from IGN. 1 is playing as a bad guy and the other as a good guy.

Some spoilers about missions but a great read.

The Hero:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088605p1.html

The Outlaw:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088375p1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I thought this was meant to be another one of those games where the limited edition is the same price as the original, nearly sure I read it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

been keeping an eye on tesco. hoping that they break release date. i got forza 3 four days before actual release date and for €45. waiting for a call back today from tesco roscommon...hoping its out today or tomorrow. fingers crossed. will keep y'all posted

been keeping an eye on tesco. hoping that they break release date. i got forza 3 four days before actual release date and for €45. waiting for a call back today from tesco roscommon...hoping its out today or tomorrow. fingers crossed. will keep y'all posted

Would they even have it in stock or priced on the system yet? It's not due for another 9 days.

Would they even have it in stock or priced on the system yet? It's not due for another 9 days.

ill find out when they call back. its due out the 18th in america...different release date here? forza was due out on a tuesday and i picked up it the previous thursday. was hoping the same would happen with this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

ill find out when they call back. its due out the 18th in america...different release date here? forza was due out on a tuesday and i picked up it the previous thursday. was hoping the same would happen with this game

It's not due here 'til Friday week.

Limited Edition will be €59.99 in Gamestop btw

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It's not due here 'til Friday week.

Limited Edition will be €59.99 in Gamestop btw

just heard back from tesco in roscommon town. red dead redemption will be on the shelves this friday :) early release as predicted. now make sure to save me a copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

just heard back from tesco in roscommon town. red dead redemption will be on the shelves this friday :) early release as predicted. now make sure to save me a copy!

If that's the case i am very happy.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Any idea of the price? and will they have the limited edition??

Advertisement