Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption Price in retailers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

IGN gave it a 9.7 rank....WOW

That's insane!! I can't wait for it now!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

On Saturday I hadn't even heard of this game, and now I can't wait for it. Gameplay videos look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

On Saturday I hadn't even heard of this game, and now I can't wait for it. Gameplay videos look amazing.

have you been living under a rock mate?!?!?! lol...just kidding. friday is going to be the new paddys day for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Check out the Video review from IGN

Looks amazing to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Just letting people know that Xtra-Vision will have RDR in limited supply due to some issues. Therefore, if you will be buying from your local XV for whatever reason, might wanna head down today and pre-order before delivery is dispatched. Or turn up on Friday morning bright and early, because they will be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Liber8or wrote: »
    Just letting people know that Xtra-Vision will have RDR in limited supply due to some issues. Therefore, if you will be buying from your local XV for whatever reason, might wanna head down today and pre-order before delivery is dispatched. Or turn up on Friday morning bright and early, because they will be gone.

Any word on standard and limited editon prices in XV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Any word on standard and limited editon prices in XV?

No not yet, it is still set as null. I will let people know as soon as the systems update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Liber8or wrote: »
    No not yet, it is still set as null. I will let people know as soon as the systems update.

Nice one! Can't wait for this game!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I was really hoping I could keep myself occupied until Friday.. but I finished Just Cause 2 last night..

what in the name of flaming Jesus am I supposed to do now?! onfire.gif?t=1274207927

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just got a text from Smyths saying "Red Dead Redemption X360 out Friday. Get €10 off RDR at your local Smyths store with this code: H09540. Valid until COB 23rd May. We buy your old games back."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Mr E wrote: »
    I just got a text from Smyths saying "Red Dead Redemption X360 out Friday. Get €10 off RDR at your local Smyths store with this code: H09540. Valid until COB 23rd May. We buy your old games back."

Which makes it €45, its 55 without the code!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mr E wrote: »

How does that work, do you just say the code to them? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

How does that work, do you just say the code to them? :confused:
    You say it to them.. and then do this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

basquille wrote: »
    You say it to them.. and then do this:

Hahaha hilarious!! I'd rather give em the tenner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Still nothing in any review I've read comparing between consoles. I'll more than likely buy it for xbox but it would be nice to know if there are any performance differences between it and the PS3 version (as so often is the case).

Hey, discussion already in this thread about differences

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055838442&page=13

So, ye dirty pirate x-boxers ;) 'anyone' acquire the game yet? Any thoughts on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Still nothing in any review I've read comparing between consoles. I'll more than likely buy it for xbox but it would be nice to know if there are any performance differences between it and the PS3 version (as so often is the case).

There's a thread on Neogaf comparing the two and the PS3 version does look worse unfortunately.

At the end of the day I think what matters more is where your friends are, if you have friends playing it on PS3 I'd go with that. Otherwise I'd go with the 360 one personally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ars briefly compared the two versions:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/read-dead-redemption-360-vs-ps3-our-thoughts.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

koneko wrote: »
    There's a thread on Neogaf comparing the two and the PS3 version does look worse unfortunately.

At the end of the day I think what matters more is where your friends are, if you have friends playing it on PS3 I'd go with that. Otherwise I'd go with the 360 one personally.

Nice one guys, thanks! I generallly favour xbox if both are similar, especially for FPS as I prefer the controller. The friends argument is a good one though, I made this mistake with GTA4, bought it on PS3 when most people went for the xbox version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nice one guys, thanks! I generallly favour xbox if both are similar, especially for FPS as I prefer the controller. The friends argument is a good one though, I made this mistake with GTA4, bought it on PS3 when most people went for the xbox version.

Theres no doubt if you want to play online go for the 360 version, the PSN still isnt up to beating LIVE yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

VinLieger wrote: »
    Theres no doubt if you want to play online go for the 360 version, the PSN still isnt up to beating LIVE yet

Well no, I'd say go with whatever your friends who you'll actually playing are going for. No point getting it for the 360 for online if none of your friends are online to play with. The PS3 is perfectly fine online, it's not like you're not able to play online with the PS3 version. So if most of your buddies are getting it for PS3, get it for that. PS3 also has the exclusive hideout and costume if that kinda thing floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

So, HMV is the cheapest in the Brick n Mortar stores, yeh? 45€?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Smyths should be €45 with the code I posted this morning (if RRP is €55). Might even get a loyalty card discount on top of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Any reviews on the game yet lads?? As far as I know it went on sale yesterday?

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Any reviews on the game yet lads?? As far as I know it went on sale yesterday?
    Loads of reviews. See here:
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/reddeadredemption

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Thanks I'll have a read now, Sorry I see Gamestop advertise it as being out on Friday 21st....

Funnily enough I only heard of this game yday-Looks pretty good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

€45 in HMV, Limerick with 3:10 to Yuma Blue Ray free with all pre orders on xbox and ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

moz wrote: »
    €45 in HMV, Limerick with 3:10 to Yuma Blue Ray free with all pre orders on xbox and ps3.
    Sounds good.. might pop in and place a pre-order on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Here's the thread if it's any use
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395669&page=15

Screenshots of the same moments/places for both versions.

I'll be getting it on 360 too, much much prefer the controller, but mainly because I have plenty of friends that'll be playing that version, and the multiplayer looks like it could be good fun.

Advertisement