Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption Price in retailers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Apparently HMV have the standar edition for 44 and apprently you get a free bluray if you pre-order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

basquille wrote: »
    Sounds good.. might pop in and place a pre-order on Thursday.

goddamn 3 different boards for this awesome game!!!

ya, just called hmv and prebooked mine for 44.99. I am getting clash of the titans though, might be different for each store.

definitely best deal around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

sheehy83 wrote: »

ya, just called hmv and prebooked mine for 44.99. I am getting clash of the titans though, might be different for each store.

Yeah 3 threads are a b!tch, Cork wont pick up :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

moz wrote: »
    €45 in HMV, Limerick with 3:10 to Yuma Blue Ray free with all pre orders on xbox and ps3.

Are you sure its with Xbox too, when Bad Company 2 came out they offered The Hurt Locker on blu-ray for 6 euro only with the ps3 version of the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hogzy wrote: »
    Would it be closed? Am pretty sure my local HMV closes at 6pm every day but Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Hogzy wrote: »

It's a wednesday so they might be closed at 6! Let me know what blu-ray it is if you get through to them!
    sheehy83 wrote: »

Which clash of the titans are you getting beacuse the new one isn't out until July?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Would it be closed? Am pretty sure my local HMV closes at 6pm every day but Thursday.
    Nemanja91 wrote: »
    It's a wednesday so they might be closed at 6!

Checked online ye were right, they close at 6, Typical me, when ever i need to call they have always just closed, literally rang at 6, Obviously they wouldnt pick up if they were going out the door. I wouldnt!!!:P

I know HMV in the UK were giving '3.10 to Yuma' on Blu-ray free with all PS3 pre-orders... I sincerally doubt it's different depending on branch.

HUKD Thread

I'd also be suprised if they'd be giving a Blu-ray with Xbox pre-orders to be honest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    It's a wednesday so they might be closed at 6! Let me know what blu-ray it is if you get through to them!

Which clash of the titans are you getting beacuse the new one isn't out until July?
    HAHA i thought clas of the titans was only out recently. The old one is prob way better than the new one, doesn't matter anyway, prob give it to someone as a present. Wanted yuma film an all :( I'm sure the awesome game will make up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

All the posters in HMV in Henry St said 3:10 to Yuma so I assume that is what I am getting. But I didn't specifically ask and it did say "offer available while stocks last" or something to that effect on the poster so maybe they have ran out of 3:10 to Yuma?

I won't be impressed if I end up with Clash of the Titans as the free 3:10 to Yuma Bluray was one of the main reasons I preordered with HMV even though it is awkward to go into town for it.

Still the game will be awesome as Sheehy83 says so it's not all bad!:)
    I'd also be suprised if they'd be giving a Blu-ray with Xbox pre-orders to be honest..

On the poster I saw in HMV it said the Bluray was free with Xbox and PS3 preorders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Yeah I preordered it in kilkenny HMV and its 3:10 to yuma on blu ray free on both xbox and ps3. I asked the guy at the counter, and he didnt say anything about stock, he said it will be given to you when you collect the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If anyone spots this for sale today anywhere, don't hesitate to let us know. I spent an hour watching a live stream of someone riding around skinning animals last night. An HOUR!

Yes it was a live stream of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Can't wait for this Game!!! Finished my finals tomorrow too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 WayneBRFC

checked Smyths website last night about 7-ish they had it in schtock for everywhere. Plus they are open until 9 tonight so fingers crossed on that one.

Anyone know if theres a midnight release anywhere? Just was onto Game Dawson street who arent doing one and they still dont have prices with the game out tomorrow wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

VinLieger wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres a midnight release anywhere? Just was onto Game Dawson street who arent doing one and they still dont have prices with the game out tomorrow wtf?

Its the same with Game in Dundrum. Shame as I've got tomorrow off so would love an all nighter with RDR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 WayneBRFC

Its the same with Game in Dundrum. Shame as I've got tomorrow off so would love an all nighter with RDR.

yeah all nighter with this is very tempting, just hope its gets released/some store breaks the release date later, I'm looking at you TESCO :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They are, because I just pre-ordered the xbox version now.

Ah right.. I've been proven wrong!

Just kind of a kick in the face given you can't play it on the Xbox console.

.. whoops, what forum am I in again?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Just read that there's an achievement for
    Killing a nun
    ... way to court controversy Rockstar.

Can't wait to play it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Didnt someone link a video of that here? The guys playing the game tied her up and left her on the train tracks. When she got run over the lil achievement pop up appeared on the screen.. I thought it was funny :cool:

Just read that there's an achievement for
    Killing a nun
    ... way to court controversy Rockstar.

Can't wait to play it though.

The achievement is actually to leave a woman on the train tracks so a train drives over and kills her. Some people have chosen to do this achievement with nuns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

I can confirm Xtra-Vision will be selling Red Dead Redemption for 54.99 tomorrow. This is the price for the standard edition. My store did not receive any Collector's Editions and I do not know if that is commonplace across all stores.

Hope this helps some people looking for the best bargain!

Just on to HMV and their prices are 44.99 for normal and 58.99 for collectors, think i know where im going for mine.
    Also Game are still without a concrete price but i asked the girl to guess and she said around 50-55 guessing thats normal edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Liber8or wrote: »
    I can confirm Xtra-Vision will be selling Red Dead Redemption for 54.99 tomorrow. This is the price for the standard edition. My store did not receive any Collector's Editions and I do not know if that is commonplace across all stores.

Hope this helps some people looking for the best bargain!

:eek:

May wait to see if I'm heading to Dub on Saturday then, HMV here I come.

Booked mine in HMV there for €44.99 with free '3.10 To Yuma' Blu-ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Anyone selling early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Do I need to have that text on my phone from Smyths or can I just give them the code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kanney wrote: »
    Anyone selling early?

Hopefully, I'd love to get it today.

Was thinking Xtra Vision, but not after reading above that its 55 quid there. Symths tomorrow me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Do I need to have that text on my phone from Smyths or can I just give them the code?

Just pull out your phone and pretend to read the code from it! :D

Advertisement