Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption Price in retailers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Is it worth booking this or will there be plenty in stock? Do you have to book in HMV to get the free blu-ray or will they begiving it away whether booked or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Just rang gamestop there (Parkway, Limerick). Collectors edition all sold out (pre-booked).

So what shops ARE doing the collectors edition. Is there anything OTHER than the in-game DLC in the collectors ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

basquille wrote: »
    Booked mine in HMV there for €44.99 with free '3.10 To Yuma' Blu-ray.

Did the same myself at lunch. By far and away the best offer around right now, especially considering that 3:10 to Yuma is a damn fine film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Keith186 wrote: »
    Is it worth booking this or will there be plenty in stock? Do you have to book in HMV to get the free blu-ray or will they begiving it away whether booked or not?

Apparently there is stock shortages for PS3. Should be fine for 360 though. For the HMV blu-ray you have to pre book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

VinLieger wrote: »
    Apparently there is stock shortages for PS3. Should be fine for 360 though. For the HMV blu-ray you have to pre book

Not sure about elsewhere but for 360... Gamestop told me the special edition is booked out and the normal edition is in short supply !

• Advertisement

brianon wrote: »
    Not sure about elsewhere but for 360... Gamestop told me the special edition is booked out and the normal edition is in short supply !

Wouldnt trust gamestop as far as i could throw them. The reason they are sold out of collectors is cus they have a policy of only ordering in whats been pre ordered.
    Better off giving your money to someone else tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

VinLieger wrote: »

Cool I think I might just do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus a 4th RDR thread is after starting in PS section!

Just rang HMV Limerick checking if they were welling it tonight.

Me -"hi, i have a game preordered and was just wondering.."

HMV Guy - "NO, We are not selling red dead redemption until tomorrow, you can pick it up tomorrow!"

Was kinda funny, i guess they are getting calls all day about it. Really glad i pre-ordered it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

HMV in Crescent SC (Limerick) still have the collectors editions to prebook. Booked mine a while ago, only thing left to do now is count down the hours! :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    HMV in Crescent SC (Limerick) still have the collectors editions to prebook. Booked mine a while ago, only thing left to do now is count down the hours! :D

Important question! What blu ray were you offered??????????

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Important question! What blu ray were you offered??????????

None (360 version)

oh, I heard xbox were still offered blu ray's but as one xboxer on this thread(or one of the other 4!) whats the point of giving a blu ray with an xbox game! Still, you might have a blu ray player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

oh, I heard xbox were still offered blu ray's but as one xboxer on this thread(or one of the other 4!) whats the point of giving a blu ray with an xbox game! Still, you might have a blu ray player
    I mentioned that on one of the other threads... it's a bit of a kick in the teeth alright! Akin to giving a free DVD when you're buying a VHS! ;)

But it has been confirmed.. I even asked the lad in HMV Sligo and he said it was offered with both.

Not really bothered about a free dvd/blu-ray anyway, why would you want that when you'll have this game to keep you entertained for the next month? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Pre booked mine at HMV Patrick Street Limerick. They have limited copies of 3:10 to Yuma (around 4 or 5 as far as I could see) for 45 quid. 58 quid for the CE is a bit steep.
    Smyths in Jetland have plenty of Xbox stock but only 5 PS3 versions so far.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Not really bothered about a free dvd/blu-ray anyway, why would you want that when you'll have this game to keep you entertained for the next month? :D

And especially when the blu ray is Clash of the Smelly Titans!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And especially when the blu ray is Clash of the Smelly Titans!!!
    I'm convinced they got that wrong to be honest.. every other retailer is giving '3:10 To Yuma' as far as I can see!

I'm convinced they got that wrong to be honest.. every other retailer is giving '3:10 To Yuma' as far as I can see!

I don't really mind but lets say if they gimme Yuma tomorrow, it will just be that cherry on top :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

They do have it wrong. I asked about this in HMV Limerick today and they said clash of the titans was only free with prince of Persia and 3:10 Yuma was only free with RDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Dropped into Gamestop this morning before work out of curiousity...

The lad behind the counter brought it home with him last night from work and said this game is without doubt the best game ever made - blows anything else out of the water....he even said GTA wasnt a patch on it.

Was enough to convince me to pre order it - Don;t work Fridays either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I was told in HMV that you don't have to pre-order to get the blu ray

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Think you're right Nemanja, Overheard them saying in Gamestop today that they have enough so that everyone gets the pack regardless...pretty sure its the same everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Cullen82 wrote: »
    The lad behind the counter brought it home with him last night from work and said this game is without doubt the best game ever made - blows anything else out of the water....he even said GTA wasnt a patch on it.

Was enough to convince me to pre order it - Don;t work Fridays either :D

Gee I wonder if that is exactly why he said that, to try to get you to pre-order it. Did he also suggest that you probably need a strategy guide for it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Tried Smyths in Waterford to get it early tonight but no luck. Anywhere else possibly selling it early? Xtravision? I'm so impatient I can't just wait until tomorrow :D

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Gee I wonder if that is exactly why he said that, to try to get you to pre-order it. Did he also suggest that you probably need a strategy guide for it? :P

How dare you accuse this fine retailer of trying to upsell needless items.... oh wait its gamestop continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Moiph wrote: »
    Tried Smyths in Waterford to get it early tonight but no luck. Anywhere else possibly selling it early? Xtravision? I'm so impatient I can't just wait until tomorrow :D

I just wrang my local one, Rush in North County Dublin "Naaaaw no chance of that Im afraid,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I cant wait for this game, I can't sleep and I cant study.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 snoopeasystreet

Anyone know how much HMV are giving on trade in for Modern Warfare 2 and borderlands? I don't have the funds for this after buying alan wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Got my copy of the Limited Edition, just have to wait til lunch to play it.

One thing though, I see no sign of a soundtrack ... is there supposed to be a seperate disc? Or is this download? I see nothing here to tell me how to get it ...

Nix that ... I just read the yoke that's in it (thought it was just a leaflet promoting a mission pack, info's on the back) .... have to download it with a code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Add me if anyone is up for getting some Posse later?

Do you see what I did there?

Advertisement