Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption Price in retailers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You'll probably get a tenner altogether for those 3, James (if you're lucky).
    They're pretty old at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Damn, really :(??? I guess I'll have to trade-in more of my games. I'd be happy to get like €25 off the Limited Edition and pay the rest with cash.

Which shop would be the best to go to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Sold out in Game and westside xtra-vision in Galway city
    Got the second last one in game!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

gamestop tend to be poor, game offer more from what i have experienced anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Keno 92 wrote: »
    No I wont, Doesn't ship to my address on amazon, sold out on play and thehut. FML

Amazon don't ship to your address? Where do you live?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anyone know how much it would cost me in xtra-vision trading in Dante's Peak and COD MW? (roughly)

I was in gamestop up the north and they had stickers on saying trade in two games to get it for free, me thinks we're getting ripped off down here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

jamescd wrote: »
    Damn, really :(??? I guess I'll have to trade-in more of my games. I'd be happy to get like €25 off the Limited Edition and pay the rest with cash.

Which shop would be the best to go to?

HMV tbh. They gave me €29 this morning for Pro Evo 2010 on its own! I nearly fell down when he said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Anyone know how much it would cost me in xtra-vision trading in Dante's Peak and COD MW? (roughly)

I was in gamestop up the north and they had stickers on saying trade in two games to get it for free, me thinks we're getting ripped off down here :(

Ye but its always two games from a list of games that have been released in like the last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Fizman wrote: »
    HMV tbh. They gave me €29 this morning for Pro Evo 2010 on its own! I never fell down when he said it.

Is there any way to gauge how much they'll give you for a particular game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Amazon don't ship to your address? Where do you live?

Amazon are maybe sold out or something so I have to buy from a seller on amazon and they don't ship to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

So is the hype justified? I've a €20 voucher for Xtravision, but its €54.99 there. Seems like a waste of a tenner as it can be got for €44.99 as moz said.

Is it worth buying, considering i have the Saboteur to finish and only bought World Cup 2010 last weekend? Or should I finish Saboteur and then go for it? Decisions.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rooney10 wrote: »
    So is the hype justified? I've a €20 voucher for Xtravision, but its €54.99 there. Seems like a waste of a tenner as it can be got for €44.99 as moz said.

Is it worth buying, considering i have the Saboteur to finish and only bought World Cup 2010 last weekend? Or should I finish Saboteur and then go for it? Decisions.....

Definitely man! Personally, I really didn't enjoy GTA4 (Controls, Story, no fun) but this is just a great game from R*. Only played a small bit so far but can't remember the last time i stopped to stare at the sunset and my surroundings for about 2 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

A lot of places in Dublin are sold out by now. Tesco in Clarehall still has copies as of 8:30pm today at €54.95. There were around 10 left for 360, none for PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

abelard wrote: »
    Is there any way to gauge how much they'll give you for a particular game?

I don't know to be honest. I think the shops own stock levels play a big factor though. Others I traded were:

KillZone 2 - 8.50
    Street Fighter 4 - 10.50
    Burnout Paradise - 6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

So did anyone who didnt get the 3:10 to yuma blu ray after pre ordering the game on xbox or ps3, manage to get it, or get a voucher or something in exchange for it, after a bit of arguing? Im considering going in tomorrow and giving out about it as I wanted that blu ray....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

What a brilliant game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

So did anyone who didnt get the 3:10 to yuma blu ray after pre ordering the game on xbox or ps3, manage to get it, or get a voucher or something in exchange for it, after a bit of arguing? Im considering going in tomorrow and giving out about it as I wanted that blu ray....

I got it when I picked up my xbox copy in HMV, Cruises Street, Limerick early yesterday morning. It did say while stocks last and there were only 4 or 5 copies in that store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Savage game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

great game from start to finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

great game from start to finish!

You finished it already?

• Advertisement

Popped into Game in Liffey Valley just now. They had loads of the Limited Edition on display on one of their shelves. Picked one up, handed it to the lady on the counter only to be told that they're actually sold out :( They only have the normal edition left so had to settle for that.

Traded in the following games:
    1. Bioshock - €8
    2. Assassin's Creed - €8
    3. Def Jam: Icon - €6
    4. FIFA 08 - €2.10 :pac:

Only had to pay €22.89 cash :)

Just noticed the lady gave me a flyer which has "Co-op Mission Pack Coming Soon" at the front and a scratch-off code for the Deadly Assassin Outfit at the back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

You finished it already?

yeah, took just over 16 hours, though some of that time the game was on and i wasn playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

jamescd wrote: »
    Popped into Game in Liffey Valley just now. They had loads of the Limited Edition on display on one of their shelves. Picked one up, handed it to the lady on the counter only to be told that they're actually sold out :( They only have the normal edition left so had to settle for that.
    Know if they had many left??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

yeah, took just over 16 hours, though some of that time the game was on and i wasn playing.

:confused: Don't understand that myself, much prefer playing on my own and really taking my time rather than speeding through with a mate. Worked with a guy who boasted that him and two other ppl had "cleared" Fallout 3 over a weekend :eek: You don't "clear" Fallout 3, I clocked up 78hrs and skimped a few locations!

Soby wrote: »
    Know if they had many left??

They won't have Limited Edition copies until Monday, I think they still have the Normal Edition's left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

**** HMV. Bought the game for what I thought was 45 quid but turns out they added a e1 disc repair warranty. They wouldn't refund it either when I went back. Then again, no too bad a price so up HMV

this game is basically a new gta and not only that it's probably the best. The lack of hype before is crazy. I only found out about this game Reading a eurogamer review..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

this game is basically a new gta and not only that it's probably the best. The lack of hype before is crazy. I only found out about this game Reading a eurogamer review..

It really is, I found out about this game last week when I saw IGN gave it 9.7, thought I should give it a shot and it is absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It really is, I found out about this game last week when I saw IGN gave it 9.7, thought I should give it a shot and it is absolutely amazing.

Ya it really just exploded on to the seen last week on game websites! So whos idea was this to keep it a secret then?

Actually compared to GTA IV its surprising the lack of marketing for it. Remember the countdown clock to that epic trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

I feel a bit let down by this game, It's more limited than GTA and to be honest I'm not so impressed by the graphics having heard them being built up for so long:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Ya it really just exploded on to the seen last week on game websites! So whos idea was this to keep it a secret then?

Actually compared to GTA IV its surprising the lack of marketing for it. Remember the countdown clock to that epic trailer?

Really? I thought this was well known about. Obviously not as hyped as GTA IV but there still seemed to be a lot on the net about it etc. Myself and a good few mates have been anticipating this game since last year! Then again it's nice to come across such a good game that you didn't hear anything about too :)

Advertisement