Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption Price in retailers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

so annoyed, spent 15mins helpin a mate get the most wanted achievement, just about to pick it up myself and some ass either dead eyed or sniped me

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

so annoyed, spent 15mins helpin a mate get the most wanted achievement, just about to pick it up myself and some ass either dead eyed or sniped me

Spent a few hours online yesterday evening, my first few minutes were spent being shot in the head by the same guy over and over again. Its can be pretty annoying, when you're in the middle of one of those missions, fighting a gang of banditos, and then some random facker turns behind you with a shotgun and blows your face off.

Thank goodness I got rid of that donkey too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Great game but it needs a patch quic. the thing has froze 4 times in about 6 hours of play. That is as bad as any console game I have ever played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Spent a few hours online yesterday evening, my first few minutes were spent being shot in the head by the same guy over and over again. Its can be pretty annoying, when you're in the middle of one of those missions, fighting a gang of banditos, and then some random facker turns behind you with a shotgun and blows your face off.

Thank goodness I got rid of that donkey too.
    Ended up getting it. As if stayin public enemy for 10mins wasn hard enough'

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

I dont know how people are not loving this game. I picked up up on friday, played it for about an hour only really played one or two missions and then just went roaming around. Got to play it a lot more saturday and got cracking with the story.

Have to say i am loving the pace of the game! Each mission brings a new element to the experience or tests you in a different skill area. I have even found myself just going out hunting so i can get cash together to buy better guns later on! havent even touched the mulitplayer yet, think i will leave that until i finished the single player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This game is ruining my life, but this game is better than life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

This game is very good imo
    Personally, i tought gta was laggy in places quite often when playing online, but rockstar have seemed to fix that and i was playing online today on red dead and there was no lag whatsoever :)
    When you call for a horse when your playing online i think its hilarious when you turn around and theres a donkey just sitting there haha
    Anybody know if you can go hunting online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Are many of you playing this online? Myself and a mate have played the multiplayer a bit now and it's only ever the 2 of us in a posse, wouldn't mind getting a few more people in on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Moiph wrote: »
    Are many of you playing this online? Myself and a mate have played the multiplayer a bit now and it's only ever the 2 of us in a posse, wouldn't mind getting a few more people in on it!

might join ya next time i see you playing the game...

Yeh, if anyones interested ill set up a private free roam tonight and we just get loads of us and mess around :)
    Add me, FBI TOXiiC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick this up in Galway? Game or Gamestop weren't sure as I asked before release.
    There's a tesco, smyths, xtravision and HMV as well and I do't really feel like trawling round them all on foot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick this up in Galway? Game or Gamestop weren't sure as I asked before release.
    There's a tesco, smyths, xtravision and HMV as well and I do't really feel like trawling round them all on foot.

Not sure about galway but its priced pretty much the same in carlow in all the shops €54.99 :(

Have this and Alan Wake ordered off a site, so gonna wait for them to arrive and i'll join you guys for a run around YEEEE HAAYYYYY!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Flying ppl glitch...rather funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

HMV €45

Anybody up for a game of free roam ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Man this game is unplayable. Freeze after freeze. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't use the retarded GTA save game setup.

Not freezing for me and multiplayer is fine too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Haven't had a single issue so far played at a guess only 5 hours of each single and multiplayer though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Can't say I've had any issues with it either.

• Advertisement

Only problems I've had are with multiplayer kicking me after a few minutes, no freezing after 18 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Vargulf wrote: »

Brilliant! Also love the Cougar Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVVXyKP1FVk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Have had 1 freeze during multiplayer and been playing it pretty nonstop since friday,

Oh and demonic horse kicks donkey lady and cougarmans asses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Am I the only one being driven completely demented by the Controls ?
    I mean when you attack a gangs fort or hideout ..the final baddie each time is in the small room but you can't get into the room with your weapon drawn as you keep walking into walls ! So by the time I get a clean shot he kills them everytime :mad:
    Really trying hard to like this game but it's becoming so dull quick.
    Haven't tried the multiplayer yet though.

Am I the only one being driven completely demented by the Controls ?
    I mean when you attack a gangs fort or hideout ..the final baddie each time is in the small room but you can't get into the room with your weapon drawn as you keep walking into walls ! So by the time I get a clean shot he kills them everytime :mad:
    Really trying hard to like this game but it's becoming so dull quick.
    Haven't tried the multiplayer yet though.

Are you not using the cover system? I've haven't had any trouble like that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Yes I use the cover system but I'm just trying to walk in a doorway !
    I have to put my gun away before he'll walk through the door...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Moiph wrote: »
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    might join ya next time i see you playing the game...

We should get all the fifa heads who have it into a posse :D

Traded in Dantes Inferno and COD MW in xtra vision got 40 for them and bought the game for 15. Happy with that considering I bought Dantes Inferno for 5 euro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Great game but it needs a patch quic. the thing has froze 4 times in about 6 hours of play. That is as bad as any console game I have ever played.

Don't know if this sheds any light on the freezing issue ...

played this on my old xenon box and it was freezing a lot - every 15 mins or so ... then the box RROD'd ... opened it up and fixed it and it still occasionally freezes but is fine on other games

Switched to my newer box and had 1 freeze (setting up camp) in about 10 hrs of play ...

Might not shed any light at all, but thought i'd share my experiences

Sounds about right from what I have been Reading. Sounds like they coded it for the newer boxes and whatever slight differences are causing crashes. Might be running the gpu too hard.

• Advertisement

Went hunting for ages there a while ago, and got a hefty load of meat and stuff to sell. Got about 800 dollars worth of stuff to sell. Just wondering where you guys find the best place to hunt ?

Advertisement