Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption Price in retailers?

12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Went hunting for ages there a while ago, and got a hefty load of meat and stuff to sell. Got about 800 dollars worth of stuff to sell. Just wondering where you guys find the best place to hunt ?

Bloody coyotes keep attacking me at night little feckers :p

Anyone found any bears yet, and where??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Go to tall trees, its in the right top corner of the map beside blackwater (i think, 99% sure) Theres bears and cougars there, heard there worth lots of money too when u skin them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

To get back on Topic - I've pre-booked one from Xtra-Vision as they were out of stock and gave me 35 euro for a trade in.

The price there is 54.99 (xbox360).

Can someone tell me if this is the edition with all the extra shíte or am I paying too little?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

ive seen a few glitches like going throught mountains,animals that ya have skined still have there skin on after.

and with the multiplayer it can take agaes for the game to load or there be no one on free room but your self

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I paided 11euro in HMV on Henry street trading in CoD MW2 and CoD WaW.

Am going on to free roam now and going to linch me a few of them mexicans, yee har!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

To get back on Topic - I've pre-booked one from Xtra-Vision as they were out of stock and gave me 35 euro for a trade in.

The price there is 54.99 (xbox360).

Can someone tell me if this is the edition with all the extra shíte or am I paying too little?
    Regular edition. Limited edition is sold out everywhere

I paided 11euro in HMV on Henry street trading in CoD MW2 and CoD WaW.

Am going on to free roam now and going to linch me a few of them mexicans, yee har!!!
    You up for a game of free roam ? Me and a mate are playing now and where about to go hunting and do gang hideouts and stuff :)
    If you are, add me FBI TOXiiC and ill send you an invite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'll add you and try to join, but doubt I will get into a free roam cause I havent been able to get into free roam all day.

I got the limited edition in HMV on Henry st on Monday so there might be some left there.

Accepted your FR just there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yes I use the cover system but I'm just trying to walk in a doorway !
    I have to put my gun away before he'll walk through the door...

What you need to do is take cover against the wall at one side of the door, then it'll say press y to open door. After that you can pop out and use your dead eye or whatever like normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I dont know how people are not loving this game. I picked up up on friday, played it for about an hour only really played one or two missions and then just went roaming around. Got to play it a lot more saturday and got cracking with the story.

Have to say i am loving the pace of the game! Each mission brings a new element to the experience or tests you in a different skill area. I have even found myself just going out hunting so i can get cash together to buy better guns later on! havent even touched the mulitplayer yet, think i will leave that until i finished the single player.

Agreed completely. I was online for a few min the other night but decided to play take my time exploring the game in single player before I go online. :D

The game is better than GTA IV. Its more fun. GTA was a great game but it had 1 really annoying feature that was disappointing... it was all in an urban. No countryside to drive around and explore just traffic and traffic lights everywhere. San Andreas had more variety.

The characters in this game are exellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

anyone know somewhere the game isn't sold out?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I picked it up in HMV on Grafton St on Saturday morning and they had a good few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Kharn wrote: »
    I picked it up in HMV on Grafton St on Saturday morning and they had a good few.

How much is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

pljudge321 wrote: »
    How much is it?

44.99 most places except Smyths 54.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

It's €44.99 in HMV, tenner more in the rip-off merchants that are xtravision. Why people buy and trade games in there i'll never know, worst value around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Looked everywhere around Swords in Dublin today for it, nowhere had it and as a last hope I checked Argos, who has 1 copy available for €43.99.

Win.

An amazing game.

It's €44.99 in HMV, tenner more in the rip-off merchants that are xtravision. Why people buy and trade games in there i'll never know, worst value around.

Traded in Dante's Inferno & COD MW2 for 40 and got RDR for 15 in xtra-vision! That's the best deal I've got on a trade in ever!!

Don't know what your beef is with them?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Traded in Dante's Inferno & COD MW2 for 40 and got RDR for 15 in xtra-vision! That's the best deal I've got on a trade in ever!!

Don't know what your beef is with them?!?

Just to let you know that if you did that transaction in HMV, you would have gotten a minimum of €25-€30 alone for MW2, and probably €15-€20 for Dantes. Take that away from HMVs price of 45. You may not have needed to spend any money tbh.

Fizman wrote: »
    Just to let you know that if you did that transaction in HMV, you would have gotten a minimum of €25-€30 alone for MW2, and probably €15-€20 for Dantes. Take that away from HMVs price of 45. You may not have needed to spend any money tbh.

Fair enough, but I wasn't near a HMV at the time of buying it and I wanted it then and there!!! :D

(although, I did have to pop out to Liffey Valley that very same day) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I doubt that tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Cant get this game anywhere in dublin. Game in dundrum or hmv dont have it. Even tho the latter had it last week. Ill try grafton st 2moro. Reading so much about it i want it now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

greenman09 wrote: »
    Cant get this game anywhere in dublin. Game in dundrum or hmv dont have it. Even tho the latter had it last week. Ill try grafton st 2moro. Reading so much about it i want it now!!

Hey Greenman, if you were able to check in Dundrum I assume you live / work in the area, Xtravision at Nutgrove up the road in Rathfarnham have loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

I picked up a copy in Argos for €43.99.

Never really think of going in there for games, but they had lots of copies when the likes of GameStop and XtraVision were sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Liam O wrote: »
    I doubt that tbh...

Why do you doubt that?

HMV Limerick gave me €29 for PES 2010 alone last week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I picked it up in HMV on Grafton Street last night, Xbox version. They had loads.
    I was giddy as a priest in a primary school all the way home and was totally blown away by the "feel" of the game. It looks awesome, the horse movement is perfect.
    The word Epic is used far too much these days but my jaysus, this game is EPIC.

I'm going away for the weekend and was miffed to be missing new MW2 maps + Double XP, but now I'm sick that I won't get to play this game till Sunday !!!!

It won't be everyones cup of tea, but if you liked the sandbox element of GTA you will love this. So much seemingly random stuff happens that you will not get bored.....ever.

Even riding from A to B is exciting because you run into mad stuff along the way.

Well done Rockstar you totally made up for the failure that was GTA IV.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

claiva wrote: »

Well done Rockstar you totally made up for the failure that was GTA IV.:D:D:D

Yes indeed !

On another awesome note the free dlc is out june 22 , some co-op missions
    The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will feature six all-new cooperative multiplayer missions to play with 2-4 players. This will be a completely free download that we will have ready for you to download and play at some time in June. [June 22nd, as stated above]

These six explosive and epic missions will play out across the game world, including:

“Walton’s Gold”
    Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!

“The River”
    Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.

“Ammunition”
    The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Plus three more missions to be revealed in detail soon.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will also yield additional multiplayer XP rewards, and brand new Achievements to unlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Can't get it anywhere in Carlow:(

Advertisement