Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight on locked Fox forks???

Options
  • 02-05-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on a tour on my MTB (Cube Reaction). So, I'm going to have a rack on back, and handlebar bag on front, and a backpack...so that's a lot of extra weight. I myself am about 12 stone.

I have Fox 32 F100 RL forks (if I recall correctly) ... and I think for my journey fixed forks would be best (roads not great, but not bad either), so I'm wondering if I'm likely to damage the Fox forks if I have them locked while riding with all this weight? Opinions?

Interestingly, the lockout is designed to "give way" if you suddenly put too much weight on it, to prevent damage to forks.

Regards,
    Cormac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

You won't do any damage, they'll easily handle that weight. The blow off is only for big hits.

Advertisement