Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling a bike, paperwork question

• 02-05-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Gonna be selling my bike soon. Just wondering what paperwork I need to give the buyer? Also, pretty sure I've lost it from having moved house 3 times in the last year. What should I do in this situation?

EDIT: Got the bike from Up North and did the VRT here. They are the forms I've lost.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you need to send off a change of ownership form - with the details of the new owner and date of sale.

once that is sent off the tax etc details will automatically change.

so basically all you need is the ownership forms !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Cheers PC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Hi m83,

Do you have the Rehicle Registration Cert? It's a blue(ish) sheet of paper describing the vehicle and who owns it?

If you still have this, then the change of ownership form is on the back of it. You and the new buyer fill it in, tick the "Change of Ownership" box and send it off to the address on the form (in Shannon, Clare).

If you don't have this document, then you'll probably have to get a replacement from Shannon before you can sell the vehicle.

alanmc

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Strom

m83 wrote: »
    EDIT: Got the bike from Up North and did the VRT here. They are the forms I've lost.

Cheers!

After you did the VRT did you tax the bike?

When you VRT the bike you just get the copy of the forms you filled you don't get the owner doc's, but once you tax it the forms are issued within a few weeks.

If its these forms you've lost then just go to your local motor tax office fill out the form for tax and you'll get the owership doc's in the post. If its the ownership doc's I think you've to head to the garda and get a form signed.

Advertisement