Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy and baby/toddler meet

• 02-05-2010 8:08pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi girls,

it is a while since we all went for coffee with the little people.
    How about we do it again?

Venue - tbd
    Date - a weekend probably suits the working mammies
    County - Dublin suits me;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Venue: I would second Crazy Cat Lady's suggestions of The M&S Cafe in Dundrum Town Centre (in the new baby thread)

Date: any day midweek/weekend suits

County: Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I suggest the city centre might be easier for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

Venue - trying to think of somewhere with plenty of space. I think most places will have an issue with lots of buggies! Arnotts cafes are fairly small, anyone know what Clerys cafe is like? Or how about Cafe Kylemore on O'Connell st, or somewhere like the Burlington (might only be a bar thou?), and we could then stroll up to the playground in Herbert Park.
    Date - a weekend suits best too
    County - Dublin suits me too

eimear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

City Centre was a nightmare last time!

Dundrum is on the Luas line and its definately great for parking.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yep I'd definitely prefer not the city centre as I'll be commuting from Galway if I can make it. So Dundrum would be the finest. Dying to check out Hamleys anyway!

• Advertisement

I don't mind city centre or somewhere like Dundrum/Liffey Valley/Blanch SC.

I think each has their pro's and con's, town would be lovely especially with Stephens green/Herbert park etc to go for a walk & I haven't been in to town in years wouldn't mind a bit of retail therapy :D
    Though it would possibly be easier to get parking (and cheaper :o) in one of the large shopping centres like Dundrum etc & they normally have more spacious coffee shops than in the city centre

I'll be coming up from Kilkenny so don't mind wherever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Live in Dublin and am still a stay at home mum so any day, any time, any where suits :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I will have a look for a city centre venue:) Liffey valley of course suits me, but I reckon it won't suit most others.
    Do Dundrum have mother and baby cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Its just a suggestion but we could have it out door's like in a park or something

Hmmm but then it could be too cold still I dont know and since theres sooo many baby babies now they wont be able to run around so it wont make much of a diff. . . . . . .ok never mind!!

Anyway city center would suit me, just need to know date :)

The zoo:)

I maybe obsessed;)

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The zoo:)

I maybe obsessed;)

Even better then a park

That has my vote :D

I hope you were'nt actually joking there Moonbeam :o :pac:

Nope:)

We were there yesterday and had a lovely day.

Seriously, been there 3 times already this year...............cannot wait to go again :D

I am such a child!!!!!! Aidan will be sick of the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The zoo might be a good idea, the coffee shop there is big, not so sure about the food but they do have ice cream...very handy for the two Shanes and I...did not go there when I was pregnant so would love to go back...we normally have zoo membership so go there a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

Zoo would be good depending on the weather, we've annual membership too. But for those that don't drive is it ok to get to by public transport with buggy/double buggy?

After that town is obviously the most central, with shopping centres people might have to make their way in to town by bus and then another bus/luas to the shopping centre. Anyway i'm easy as i'll be driving.

http://www.dublinzoo.ie/inside.asp?pageId=11&sectionId=4&level=1

There are a few public transport options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Kylemore Cafe in Stephens green is nice and big. Also if it nice day out we could go have walk in the green.

I can't do dundrum as it would be a bus and the luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Same for me, Dundrum would be too far on the bus and LUAS with the two girls... City Centre or the Zoo would be great...

Dundrum would be akward for me too.

So cause of the weather if everyones happy with with the zoo we can have a back up somewhere in town just in case?

@eimsRV I got the bus to the Zoo with minilolly last summer and it was alright, always good when there's someone to lend a hand if its needed. I guess it's easier now cause she can sit on my lap and I can fold buggy up!

Venue - Dublin Zoo
    date - I think next weekend is probably too soon?How about the weekend after? 15/16th May.

I know the zoo might be a bit expensive for some people but I think more then 1 person here holds an annual ticket so we can share and children under 3 are free.

I can help co-ordinate things if you want.

• Advertisement

15th/16th suits me! My two smallies will be free so it'd just be myself I was paying in. Looking into getting an pass anyways :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Chet has exams up until the 15th, but I'm sure we could make the 16th.

Love the zoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

oh yay! Glad i saw this in time. I haven't been to the zoo in a long time. Looking forward ot seeing you ladies. Moonbeam, could you text me the details when you guys confirm? I don't get online much!

Yup,
    I will of course.

Fantastic idea! I'm such a big kid, haven't been to the zoo in over 5/6 years can't wait! :D

Date suits me perfect too, looking forward to it :pac:

Chet has exams up until the 15th, but I'm sure we could make the 16th.

Love the zoo :D

You are such a nice wife:) I am planning to try avoid my other half during his exams!!!

Location - Dublin Zoo
    Date - Sunday 16th May
    Time - 13:00 (this suit everyone?)

For people that have not met up before,don't worry everyone doesn't know each other and yes, of course they are all crazy internet people;P

People with Zoo passes willing to bring others please let them know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Let me know when you've finalised the date and time and I'll put an announcement up for the parenting forum :)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Location - Dublin Zoo
    Date - Sunday 16th May
    Time - 13:00 (this suit everyone?)

For people that have not met up before,don't worry everyone doesn't know each other and yes, of course they are all crazy internet people;P

My dad and his wife have a pass, I might see if I can borrow it!!!!

And Moonbeam, shhh you will frighten the half normal people away by saying we are all crazy (regardless of the fact its true) :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The time and place sounds great - we will have to renew our membership, we meant to do it earlier (we love the penguins, owls, meercats, red pandas, wolves, elephants...), both of my Shanes are coming :D

• Advertisement

Trying to get my Dave to come along but he says he's not ready for the "crazy internet people" yet!! We'll see.

It'll be Addisons first time to the zoo :D Gonna bring my camera this time!

Advertisement